Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • batteries and chargers – sorry to ask
  • chriswilk
    Free Member

what is a good source of 18650 batteries and a charger?
    sorry to ask, I did check the forum search but dodn’t find too much.

righog
    Free Member

Oddly enough I just ordered these:

Ebay charger and batteries

I did have some on order from DX but these did not turn up, DX said thay probably did not make it through customs, so I have put them down to experience.

EDIT : Obviously I cant say how good they are as I have not got them yet.

integerspin
    Free Member

I bought mine on Ebay.
    I bought my first batteries with an ultrafire torch 4 years ago, torch+2xbattery+charger 12 quid! Since then I have bought another torch and a bike light[torch with mount] with batteries. The first torch lives in my pocket and is used all the time; I keep a charged battery in my pocket and cycle the batteries, so they all get roughly equal use, after 4 years they are still all going strong. I would look on ali express if I was to buy more, but it’s often not cheaper than ebay.

chriswilk
    Free Member

I’d rather not get the ultrafire ones, anything a bit better quality recommended??

nbt

Buy from Torchy The Battery Boy or from C & B seen. I’ve had excellent service fro both of them. I can also recommend Smudge at MTB batteries but I’m not sure he does individual batteries rather than pre-made packs

Luminous
    Free Member

Chris.

Get over to Smudge at MTB batteries.

You still using the Liberator ?

chriswilk
    Free Member

luminous – Liberator has now migrated to my daughter as it’s the best light I have, I use a hybrid troutie/smudge one on the head and a cheap torch on the bars.
    Need a really lightweight torch for my daughter’s head, and my next girl is also starting to night ride, and need extra batteries for commuting…

Smudge doesn’t list single 18650 cells and chargers, but I guess it’s worth a mail.

lightman
    Free Member

I’d rather not get the ultrafire ones, anything a bit better quality recommended??

Well said. To anyone who has just bought Ultrashit battery’s, you have just totally wasted your money and more than likely bought reclaimed laptop battery’s smeared with Ultrfire shit.
    There is no such thing as 4200mAh 18650 battery’s.

I you want good battery’s, you have to pay proper money for them.
    The recommendations of Torchy or Smudge are your best most reliable bet.

chriswilk
    Free Member

smudge doesn’t do single cells anymore, but I recommend him for packs, I have 2. Looks like Torchy will get my business this time.

nbt

Worth checking out C anbd B seen

the XTAR torch I bought from Torchy comes with the Xtar Combo Pack 1 that C & B seen sell and it’s been fine.

http://www.candb-seen.co.uk/accessories/flashlighttorch-batteries-.html

asbrooks

I don’t know what these are like, but they sold through amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/ULTRAFIRE-PROTECTED-3000mAh-Rechargeable-Battery/dp/B0070QEOA4/ref=pd_cp_ce_0

I bought 4 x 18650 from DX, they did arrive eventually.

righog
    Free Member

Well said. To anyone who has just bought Ultrashit battery’s, you have just totally wasted your money and more than likely bought reclaimed laptop battery’s smeared with Ultrfire shit.
    There is no such thing as 4200mAh 18650 battery’s.

Interesting I have used Ultrafire batteries for about four years, about twice a week on average, they have lasted 3 hours plus on all the rides I have been on, the only reason I am getting new ones is that I have have lost most of them.

Late edit: I am not looking for a fight here about how good or bad ultrafire batteries are just giving my experience…I would prefer to get my 18650’s from a reliable UK source if possible…..My ultrafire 18650’s came from DX and all lasted well, but i fear that avenue is no not avaialbe, again from my own experience.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

don’t buy any battery with the name “….fire”

lightman
    Free Member

Whats in your typical Ultrafire battery ~

righog
    Free Member

don’t buy any battery with the name “….fire”

LOL good point 😀

Lightman….Have you got an axe to grind here ? do you sell batteries ?

Goldigger
    Free Member

I use a turnigy accucel 6 charger. Covers all my different battery configs..
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turnigy-Accucel-6-lipo-charger-LiPo-LiFe-NiMH-Nicad-UK-/180676231920

lightman
    Free Member

Lightman….Have you got an axe to grind here ? do you sell batteries ?

Strange question!
    Is this not a forum where people try and help out others, sorry if it offends you that Im trying to stop people buying crap!
    I have a huge amount of experience with certain battery’s and Chinese companys and their ways of faking everything.
    If I was still selling battery’s, why would I refer buyers to other people selling battery’s?!

asbrooks

Just had a look at the batteries I got from DX. They are Genuine Panasonic 18650 3100mAh with protection board. They arrived 3 months too late, the long summer days had arrived.
    I haven’t used them in anger yet, but they do last just shy of 4 hours on full beam burning a 2000 lumen light in the garage. Just need a box.

asbrooks
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘batteries and chargers – sorry to ask’ is closed to new replies.