Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 564 total)
  • Banshee Spitfire
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I had a blue 14 spitty and loved the colour, stuck between the black or the yellow but neither float my boat like the blue did/does.

monkeyninja
    Free Member

I’d definitely wait to see what the 2017 frames have to offer, I think there may be some changes on the way. I have a 2013 v2 with a dbair and it’s the best bike I’ve owned. However I think a lighter version of the rune may suit my riding style and trails more…just need to wait and see what the new frames offer. If there’s no changes then I’ll be holding onto my v2

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

When were the 16 frames released?

I’m getting itchy now. Even looking at Tracers now 😯

teethgrinder

Think it was Sept/Oct. Only just got my warranty replacement ’16!

spitty
    Free Member

Cleaned my 2016 Spitfire some days before…..then i saw the trouble 🙁
    Just send it to my dealer.

On the other side its also broken.
    Crack is just smaller.

Hope I´ll get good news soon.

teethgrinder

Not good…

wilko1999
    Free Member

Aaaah nightmare! Hope you get it sorted asap. These posts always serve as a timely reminder to check my Spitfire for cracks more often…

Pz_Steve

Bad news… hope they come good asap.

Does anyone know whether the Prime is prone to the same issues with cracked frames as the Spitfire?

philfive
    Free Member

Just buy a Rune, I think it’s impossible to break one of them 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Mine survived a day at Pila!

https://flic.kr/p/K7de1b

psycorp
    Free Member

Cracking in this area appears to be a long term issue with this frame, and that’s just reading back through this thread.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

What kind of riding do you normally do spitty if you don’t mind me asking?

mactheknife

Completed both Trans Provence and Trans Savoie on mine, along with some hard scottish riding and i can honestly say they are not fragile frames. That crack above is an odd one, very rarely do welds crack like that, Its usually along the toe of the weld not in the main weld itself.

Shackleton

I think it is just a spitty issue. Not heard of other banshee games doing it (just checked my phantom…..)

mactheknife

Ah Mr Shackleton, i owe you a beer. After you convinced me to buy those MRP Stage forks i am in love. So so good. Cheers amigo 🙂

chiefgrooveguru

It’s odd – I wonder if they sell many more Spitfires than their other models, so the anecdotal evidence appears skewed? I’m guessing it’s a weld QC issue, otherwise they’d have redesigned the frame to reduce loads in that area and avoid the cost of warranty replacements.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’ll try that Pila photo again then…

[/url]2016-07-15_06-52-33 by Vic, on Flickr[/img]

Shackleton

Hi Mac,

Glad they worked out for you. I’m still loving mine. V. jealous of you getting to ride TS and TP though……

spitty
    Free Member

Case closed. The German Distributor replaced the main frame. ❗

ehrob

Prime uses the same tubeset as the Rune, so as far as I’m aware the only way to crack it is with a thermonuclear weapon.

Sui
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2 year old Spitty that’s been abused in all manner of ways, I had it on the stand the other week and can gladly report no cracks, hopefully its relatively isolated cases where this has happened, as has been said they are well built (better than bloody carbon wheels)…

chiefgrooveguru

Mine’s over two years old now and according to Strava just passed the 2000 mile mark. Haven’t hit anything massive but a lot of smaller (2′-6′) drops and many cased doubles, plus a few crashes. Judging by the response from the distributors and the photos I’ve seen, it looks like once in a while a bad weld gets through, the frame fails early on and gets replaced under warranty.

spitty
    Free Member

In my Opinion the crack appeared because of a defective welding seam. I think it is a very uncommon case. The warranty claim has been a very smooth process. Great company!!!

Banshee on fire @Megavalanche – Qualifikation 2016

jamesyboy
    Free Member

I pick up my spitfire frame in a few weeks, just waiting for the hope bb and headset along with invisiframe to be fitted

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Eurobike this week.

Been holding off buying anything until we see what the new spitty is like.

chiefgrooveguru

Upgrade! 170mm Reverb Stealth; Spitfire in high/steep local singletrack mode:

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

2017 Spitty.

Maxle rear end, only two settings on the dropouts and the webbing where a few have cracked on the seat tube/down tube has gone.

Need to see more colours.

dmorts

Does it still take 26″ wheels? (as well as 27.5″)

pigyn
    Free Member

Yes still 26″ wheels if you want, they are still using the ’26 is 29′ dropouts so you can even build yourself a 26″ boost wheel if you want, for all the stiffnesses.
    They look lovely, can’t wait for more coverage to come out 😀

chiefgrooveguru

Looks like all the tubes have changed subtly – split top tube rather than straight with a gusset, slightly bigger down tube, shorter swappable dropout, etc. Also I think there’s just one flipchip with two holes on each side, rather than two separate chips, and just high and low positions instead of three – maybe 8mm of BB height adjust rather than +/-6mm?

Wonder how much lighter they are? That new Prime looks amazing:

dmorts

pigyn – Member
    Yes still 26″ wheels if you want, they are still using the ’26 is 29′ dropouts so you can even build yourself a 26″ boost wheel if you want, for all the stiffnesses.
    They look lovely, can’t wait for more coverage to come out

I may pay the shop a visit soon then

russyh
    Free Member

Interested in the updated spitfire. Loved my old one, the colour options look shocking though…again

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Glad someone else agrees re the colours.

I know it’s not all about looks but I’m not keen (and I’m colourblind).

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Would have to be this for me, but I’m not sure.

Someone over on mtbr reckons nearly a pound off the frame weight but I can’t see that anywhere?

russyh
    Free Member

Well that looks marginally better than the brochure. I know it’s a little sad to be so picky over the colour selection. Especially given how well my old spitty rode. But they are gopping. Skyish blue with red??

chiefgrooveguru

I like that blue one but I’d go stealth black again – it just doesn’t date, everything goes with it, it’s anodising so it’s tougher than paint or lacquer, and it’s lighter than paint or lacquer – and looks thoroughly badass.

~1lb lighter is impressive – I bet a big chunk of it is the smaller dropouts, the older ones are quite a weight!

It’s a little strange that all the Spitfire build kits feature 160mm forks but the geometry chart is with a 150mm fork, so the builds would all be 0.5 deg slacker, a bit longer in wheelbase, shorter in reach and taller in stack & BB.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Was thinking black myself but I always had black everything until my last spitfire.

Will have to wait until I see some proper pictures. Was hoping for the old blue/black combo again.

russyh
    Free Member

My last spitty was anodised black and to be honest the finish wasn’t great, the anodising wears badly in places and was so easy to scratch. I much prefer standard coatings. Plus I think stealth look has been murdered lately, it’s just too common. It’s not just Bandhee who have been chucking out weird paint combos lately either. Not sure what’s going on? Maybe in my mid 30’s I’m just not down with the latest trends….

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 564 total)

The topic ‘Banshee Spitfire’ is closed to new replies.