Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 564 total)
  • Banshee Spitfire
  • superfli
    Free Member

Doh. Stripped all the pivots, greased the bearings (needed it, and some will need replacing soon). Still creaking. Tightened and cleaned shock bolt, still creaking. Rear dropouts next. One of the bolts was very loose!! great! why didnt I start there lol! Threadlocked now 🙂

niksnr
    Free Member

I used some PTFE tape instead of locktite on rear dropouts. Never had a problem with creaking. Just gotta make sure you tape it correct way so it doesn’t unthread when tightening bolt.

dannyh
    Free Member

Love the rear mudguard above, handy if you ride past a nice lake in the summer and fancy using an impromptu diving board to go for a dip.

bennn
    Free Member

This thread has taken off since I last visited!

Chipbutty inspired me, and I’ve been trying to source a 2015 XL Raw all week, but no-one seems to have one, and the distributor hasn’t a date for re-stock of raw frames.. 😥

ahsat

The raw does look nice. Hold out or get a different colour. Totally worth it. Took mine out on a second ride yesterday and got up two climbs in one I normally stop on and the husband is convinced my descending is quicker (can’t check strava atm). So impressed. Thanks all for convincing me (in particular Chief) and thanks Alan for selling me your old frame!

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Getting dirty now.

mactheknife

Good news on the banshee, as you could probably tell i absolutely love mine.

What shock has it got? if its a CCDB Inline then it really is worth a bit of fiddling. Patient fiddling 🙂

I was very sceptical with such a huge amount of adjustability but it actually works very well if you take the time to play with it. There is a couple of set up guides on the cane creek site to follow.

Regardless, i really think you made a great choice 🙂

ahsat

Thanks Mac. Yes it’s got the Cane Creek. Damn good. Haven’t played as yet but slowly getting my head round the manual and will have a fiddle but at the moment no complaints at all. And like yours the stealthy black looks cool.

ahsat

Just digging up this thread to say after living with my bike now for a few weeks, I b****y love it. I am so impressed. Well done all for convincing me again! Still a bit to learn with it, but sure I can go faster again!

bennn
    Free Member

Should be riding one next week all being well, albeit on demo.

Let’s see what all the fuss is about 😆 😉

Ben.

ahsat

Nice one. Sure your enjoy it.
    When I demoed the Pedals one the gearing wasn’t right for me and had way too wide bars for my womanly shoulders so have to say I love mine even more now it’s set up for me.

volatilemike
    Free Member

had it about 5 months now. Its awesome.

Running mine in the slack setting now. feels more or less the same climbing so cant fault it. Running dual ply 2.5 minions at the moment so its heavy. I will be going to exo once these run down though.

Im getting a warranty inline from cane creek as mine is leaking air.

mactheknife

Yep i am running mine in the slack position as well. I have not noticed any ill effects to the climbing but its that wee bit slacker and more playful on the downs.

Bloody love this bike 🙂

SOAP
    Free Member

First day riding mine going of stuff I’ve never tried before

this_wreckage
    Free Member

that is sexual…!

bennn
    Free Member

volatilemike & soap what size are your frames, and what’re they weighing in at?

Look like similar builds to what I’d be thinking of..

chiefgrooveguru

By the way, have y’all seen the Banshee app?

SOAP
    Free Member

30.6 and a medium. Just doing the app now.:)

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

heres mine – awesome bikes

volatilemike
    Free Member

@bennn – Mine is Large frame, Im 6ft and feels good to me.

I haven’t weighed the bike. I would guess mine is a bit more than SOAP’s just due to the dual plys.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

A Banshee app? Is it just full of settings for the CC shocks?

chiefgrooveguru

A Banshee app? Is it just full of settings for the CC shocks?

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/banshee-3d-viewer-app-2015.html

Pointless geekery really! Though it’s good if you’re shopping and want to see what the less common sizes look like (even the XLs don’t look like gates). Keith said they’d like to add the different fork lengths and dropout positions in the future (so you can see how that changes the geometry).

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Ah, looks interesting although not sure what use I’d have for it myself.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Here’s mine at the back o’Skiddaw. Love it! Have recently fitted shorter XT cranks to help with pedal clearance and a set of 650b pikes.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Has anyone gone from 26 to 650 and if so was it worth it?

Mines still 26, sooo tempted to try 650 but would mean new forks/rims/spokes and tyres.

chiefgrooveguru

Mines still 26, sooo tempted to try 650 but would mean new forks/rims/spokes and tyres.

If you like your current forks/wheels/tyres then it’s a lot of money to spend. I wouldn’t and I really like my 27.5 Spitfire!

Running it 27.5 with the same fork travel will make it feel as slack as the slackest 26 setting when it’s in the steepest 27.5 setting but the BB will be as high as the steepest (tallest) 26 setting when it’s in the slackest (lowest) 27.5 setting… If that makes any sense to anyone other than me? 😉

ahsat

The re-emergence of this thread made me go and clean up the bike for a proper photo.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ryTkgQ]IMAG0020_1_2[/url] by ahsatb, on Flickr

Spec 150mm pikes, XT 2×10, Hope brakes and hubs, Reverb stealth.

I’ve got a 650b fork with 26″ wheels at the moment. I am thinking I will go 27.5″ just to get the extra bit of ground clearance as am finding far more pedal strikes than the Nicolai (unsurprisingly). As said above, very very happy with it. Also need to sort out the one braided hose at some point.

mactheknife

Me likey ahsat, again your’s looks so similar to mine. Saying that i have not even tried to get mine that clean for a while. Good effort 🙂

On a sidenote and sorry to hijack has anyone got a link for a replacement rear axle for a banshee?

Had to do a trailside repair and completely forgot to refit the wee screw to the axle after refitting. I doubt ill die but there seem to be about 5 different types.

Cheers

ahsat

Yes considering I was riding a demo when I saw you, my finished product looks scarily similar!

Unlucky on tiny screws.

mactheknife

What did your hubby go for in the end?? was it a transition he was trying out?

ahsat

He was acting as my pack horse. I was trying both. He already has Liteville 301.

mactheknife

Ah, good lad 🙂 everyone needs a packhorse now and again 😯

volatilemike
    Free Member

Looking sweet ahsat, Mines never been that clean since I had the frame in the box!

@mactheknife – check here

ahsat

Looking sweet ahsat, Mines never been that clean since I had the frame in the box!

Ta. To be honest I needed to re heli-tape it hence the proper clean.

bennn
    Free Member

Speaking of frame protection, what is everyone using for these frames?

I see invisiframe do a kit, but no option for an XL frame, and it’s eye-wateringly expensive!

mactheknife

volatilemike, you are a star. Cheers 🙂

No matter how i googled i couldn’t find that 😀

volatilemike
    Free Member

No prob mate!

I kind of wish I had protected frame in some way as the spitfire decals are starting to rub off, but meh its a bike, and Im too lazy. 8)

I had some 3M heli tape on the fork but thats come off. Areas like that are ones that concern me as the cable is literally eating into the metal on the upper crown.

ahsat

I’ve just put some £10 ebay stuff round things like the headtube, top of the forks etc. Its not the prettiest looking job I’ve done (the stuff on my Cotic looks really good), but like volatilemike I worry about cable rub. I used a hairdrier (such a girl!) to seal the edges, seems to have done a decent job. Only time will tell!

dingleberry
    Free Member

Mistaken for a Santa Cruz yesterday, and today a Yeti:

Now with less mudguard!

ahsat

I had some funny looks from people in the pub trying to work out what mine was in stealthy black today!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 564 total)

The topic ‘Banshee Spitfire’ is closed to new replies.