Banshee Spitfire

Home Forum Bike Forum Banshee Spitfire

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 508 total)
  • Banshee Spitfire
  • pigyn

Cheers Argyle BUT YOU ARE FULL OF LIES

They are ยฃ1487.50

Cheap Spitfires

Premier Icon mactheknife
    Subscriber

I am absolutely loving my spitfire, i have only had it a month but its a definite step up from my old 5 spot. It climbs very very well and descends like an animal.

Why all the CCDB’s though guys. On the recommendation of a guy i know who really knows his stuff suspension wise i bought the frame with am X Fusion 02 shock. Its pretty awesome to be honest. Way better that the Fox RP23 i have had on previous bikes.

argyle

Rude lil piggy(n)

Premier Icon bennn
    Subscriber

Large and Medium frames only though, I’m fairly sure I’d need a n XL ๐Ÿ™

(Great PSA for others though!)

argyle

Hahahahaha! You are tall!

Sancho

sorry but been looking at becoming a Banshee dealer in Leeds, was about to go for it, but then just seen the 2015 Trqansition range

Holy moly sweet mother of jesus!

am dribbling still.

as a dealer, i would say better priced and just would say better all round.
    wait until you see them !

Premier Icon mrhoppy
    Subscriber

I loved my Bandit but the Spitfire was/is better. Don’t know what the 2015 looks like but it’d have to be a step change in geometry to get there.

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

the 2015 Trqansition range

Bit more carbon, more middling wheels, some pretty new colours?

Edit: Having said that I would rather like to see a cheaper carbon 650B Trans Am in a nice colour ๐Ÿ™‚

Sancho

totally different bike from last year

Sancho

new suspension platform, 29er 650b and 26″
    and much cheaper frames, carbon may happen in 2015, ally for now.

Seriously Banshee came to us to ask if we would be a dealer, but had to go with Transition.
    in my view better bikes

Premier Icon bennn
    Subscriber

Show/ give us some info/ prices then.

Also, which shop in Leeds? I know a fair few.. (serial browser)

gibbonarms

The new Transition proto does indeed look v v nice, clicky ere!

bennn – try York Cycleworks, as they have just started stocking Bansee, and also EDS Bikes (nr Scarborough) normally has them in stock

I know some of the Transition bikes have moved from linkage driven single pivot to four bar this year but the old ones certainly had a very different approach to suspension than the KS-link Banshees – more active and much less efficient under pedalling. My mate’s Covert is as bobby as a bobby thing compared to my Spitfire.

Sancho

we are crosstrax.
    havent done anything with transition last few months as importer was a douche, so banshee came in. not knocking banshee i was interested in one for myself, but new transition range and importer has restored my faith, i think they will be brilliant this year

lobby_dosser

Cheers Argyle BUT YOU ARE FULL OF LIES

They are ยฃ1487.50

Ratbags – why didn’t they do that a month ago ๐Ÿ˜€

I had a good blast out on mine tonight and I’m still not satisfied on the suspension set up. Feel free to point and laugh if this is a stupid question, but in the CCDB manual some of settings are described as ”4 clicks” or ‘4 turns”. The click one i get, but what is a ‘turn’ ? Is it a 1/4 1/2 or full turn ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    I think I’ll need to start experimenting with volume reducers and bottomless tokens on my pikes.

Is there such a thing as too many options?

The small adjusters are in clicks, the large adjusters are in whole turns. Set it to the base tune, get the sag right and if it doesn’t ride how you want then refer to the tuning guide and only change one of the six things (pressure, volume, 4xdamping) at a time – and note down what you’ve done and why and its effects.

All I’ve done is slowed the HSR by one full turn and am running 30% sag. Took me longer to get the Pike sussed out – 25% sag, one bottomless token, about 6 clicks of LSC, slow-ish rebound (because when you’re deep in the travel it’s always fast due to the Rapid Rebound circuit). I added another token but then needed more sag and it didn’t hold up enough when pushing off lips, so took it back out (after quite a few rides).

It probably takes longer to get a CCDBA set up if you’re less middling in size/speed/skill! I’m guessing I needed the slower HSR because I’m not as good at getting big air as the Banshee guys, so I wanted less pop. Still flies high when I dare give it some! ๐Ÿ˜€

Premier Icon Chipbutty
    Subscriber

My 2015 Spitfire. Got frame last weekend. Very impressed so far ๐Ÿ™‚

Premier Icon bennn
    Subscriber

Holy thread resurrection batman!

Nice build though Chipbutty, pretty similar to what I’d have, what’s the full spec?

Weight?

Ta!

niksnr

Must say, picked my 2015 black Spittie up 3 weeks ago. Coming from a Commencal Meta SX. Spittie rides just as good DH but pedals a whole lot better. Did BPW last week including the 2 blacks from the top. Didn’t feel underbiked once. Love it!!

Premier Icon bluearsedfly
    Subscriber

Wasn’t a fan of the raw but like that a lot Chipbutty.

Here’s mine in its latest spec. Still not a fan of the CTD, would love an inline. How have you found yours CB?

Premier Icon bennn
    Subscriber

Where are you all getting the 2015 frames from please? If you don’t mind me asking..

Premier Icon Chipbutty
    Subscriber

Hi Bennn, got the frame from Base Camp bikes up at Grantown here in the highlands.
    It’s a raw large with CC Inline, 150mm Pike, XT chainset (1×10 32t front and 40t rear) brakes and rear mech, Deore pedals, Renthal carbon fat bar, 50mm Nukeproof stem, Reverb stealth, Charge scoop saddle, Hope pro 2 hubs with Stans Arch EX rims, HR2 3C front and Hans Dampth rear both tubeless set-up.
    30.5 on the bathroom scales.
    Cheers
    CB

Premier Icon Chipbutty
    Subscriber

Thanks Bluearsedfly,
    Only had 1 ride on it, hopefully out again later this morning. I’ve come from. SC solo alloy, this is a little heavier but pedals really well. Feels a lot more confident and stable on the descents, a good bit slacker and longer than the Solo, which is what I wanted.
    You enjoying yours? They look great in the Blue. I would have had that colour had they done the 2015 ones that colour.

Premier Icon ahsat
    Subscriber

Bennn. The guys at Pedals in Edinburgh have some in stock and were super helpful for me (though I very cheekily am actually going to pick up Alunms second hand frame on Sunday instead). Def drop Pedals an email.

warpcow

Just saw this this morning: why buy an alu one when you can build a carbon one? Like this guy.

(for those who can’t be bothered with google-translate and want to skip to the pics: first 1 1/2 pages is people telling the OP not to be stupid, it can never be done, etc, followed by a swift about-turn when he starts posting pics of his build)

Just saw this this morning: why buy an alu one when you can build a carbon one? Like this guy.

(for those who can’t be bothered with google-translate and want to skip to the pics: first 1 1/2 pages is people telling the OP not to be stupid, it can never be done, etc, followed by a swift about-turn when he starts posting pics of his build)

Brilliant!

Premier Icon bennn
    Subscriber

Just had a look on both of their websites, can’t instantly see any prices. Will drop them a line Monday as I’m away this weekend.

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

warpcow – Member

Impressive work. Will be interesting to follow.

SOAP

Has anyone got any 26″ Dropouts they do not require anymore?

Premier Icon ahsat
    Subscriber

Can finally join this post as proud owner. Proper first shakedown round the Lakes today. It’s brilliant. Climbs better than it ever should and very stable on the descents. Very happy. Running it with my old 26″ wheels for now but to be honest in no rush to change at the moment.

(Sorry for instagram phone photo!)

dingleberry

Well if we’re posting photos…

๐Ÿ˜€

matther01

Jesus…that’s the biggest mudguard I’ve ever seen!

The bike looks…mint ๐Ÿ˜‰

dingleberry

I’ll take that as a compliment! ๐Ÿ˜€ It works though!

superfli

How are owners finding their bikes over the winter for creaks? My Rune has developed a load of creaks. I’m in the process of stripping the pivots to clean and inspect the bearings. Hopefully bearings are ok. Although cheap I dont want to be doing this regularly.

Premier Icon bluearsedfly
    Subscriber

Mine gets used a couple of times a week, regardless of weather in all sorts of moors gloop etc. I will admit I am a bit of a stifflad when it comes to cleaning it, but up until to now it’s still silent.

#kissofdeath

Premier Icon teethgrinder
    Subscriber

Minty

Creaks? Just finished building mine and I think as I’ve put a new chain and cassette on the SS N/W is the cause.

Did read on either MTBR or PB that the Rune pivot holes can become elongated Here – post 2156

Wallpaper could do with some paste, looks like you have lost a red grip, a rim, a plastic egg and some 3 prong thingy under your “colourful” seat

Premier Icon teethgrinder
    Subscriber

Wallpaper is ancient and well pasted down.
    Red grip is a foam dart from the Boy’s shotgun
    3-pronged thing is a metal lizard.
    Egg is a Ben-Wa ball.

I’ll get a pic of it against the front garden wall and there’ll be shit-fits!

volatilemike

I’ve had my spitfire since Oct. Only thing that’s starting to go as far as I’m aware are the CC shock bushings, there’s a little play when you lift the bike up. But I’m leaving it for now.

Keith at banshee said most of the problems with bearings wearing quickly was because people try to clean them too much. He said he just waits for mud to dry and brushes it off, which is good because my bike is rarely never clean.

bitterlemon

2015 rune owner here and haven’t experienced any creaks, it’s a lot quieter than my old lapierre ๐Ÿ™‚

A couple of pivots worked loose though so I’ve had to use a little thread lock which has sorted it.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 508 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.