• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Bucko.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Baldy wet shaving advice
  • Bucko

I’ve only been wet shaving my head for the last few months and I’m sick of Harry’s razors giving me a Gorbachev every now and then.

What razors do my fellow baldys recommend?

impatientbull

I use Boldking razors, which I’m happy with but haven’t tried anything else for a few years. I think their main advantage is that the blades are quite spaced out so they don’t clog as easily as some others.

I’ve recently modified by technique as follows, which has helped with irritation: shaving with the grain, I start near enough to the edge of the hair line such that each stroke finishes outside of the hair line, rather than what I think is the more typical technique for shaving the face of start at the edge and working in to the beard.

jonwe
    Free Member

I shaved my head for several years. Started with double bladed blue cheapie disposables – they are just about ok and usually doesn’t result in injuries but they clog easily. Custom tooling made from a piece of thin hard plastic can be used to declog or you need to shave every 2 days.

The next step up is an old man’s safety razor with feather stainless blades. This gets rid of the clog problem but the first few shaves are challenging. You need to keep the skin tight and the angle correct or you gouge. A stypic pen or alum block is essential and lay off it for a few days if you cut yourself or you’ll snag the scab.

Then you can start a thread on the best safety razor blades though I strongly suspect there’s one already.

Jordan

Gillette Mach 3 for me. Always in the direction of hair growth unless I’m going away for a few days in the van and don’t want to bother shaving while away, in which case I’ll finish off going against the grain which keeps me a smooth slap head for a bit longer.

funkmasterp

Headblade or Omnishaver. Blades last ages and I’ve not found anything that comes close. Just do my head a couple of times per week whilst in the shower. I use the Headblade as the Omnishaver won’t get the bits around my ears due to the shape

the-muffin-man

Then you can start a thread on the best safety razor blades though I strongly suspect there’s one already.

There have been several! 😀

Oldest ones are closed to new posts though…

DE razor recommends

de shaving novice advice please

pothead
    Free Member

Gillette fusion razor, 5 blades on one side with a single blade for the awkward bits and Nivea shaving GEL, not foam works for me

smogmonster

Yep has to be Gillette. I tried Harrys a while back – by the time I’d regrown half my scalp I decided they were sh1te.

sc-xc

Happy with Harry’s here, every other day after a shower. I use the bulldog gel which is the best for me that I have found.

Sod that wet shaving malarkey

Every couple of days with a skullshaver – not quite as close as a wet shave, but close enough – I’ll take a pic of my noggin next time I do it

Holyzeus
    Free Member

^^^^^ Feather blade for a newbie and for the head at that. No, no, no.

Bucko

Cheers for all the replies. I don’t think I’m brave enough to try a DE razor just yet. I’ve gone for a Gilettelabs thing today as it was on offer in Sainsburys. And I’ll start to shave AFTER a shower rather than before.

I’ve come from a Skullshaver but the blades only last 2-3 months with shaving 3 times a week, and that gets very expensive

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.