Viewing 22 posts - 121 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • Bacon butties. How hard is it?
  • thols2

The butter serves as sauce. It melts and every mouthful tastes like bacon fat and melted butter.

slowoldman

I’m inclined to agree that sauce is not required and is too often applied to foodstuffs which they don’t compliment (I’m looking at you chilli sauce). However I do like a splash of ketchup on my bacon butty and that Stokes stuff is excellent. But it is definitely NOT essential. Nor is butter.

jamj1974

Butter with bacon – totally unnecessary!

tjagain

Its obviously pretty hard judging by the way most of you seem unable to do so

slowoldman

However I do like a splash of ketchup on my bacon butty and that Stokes stuff is excellent

Just been shopping and the condiments aisle reminded me that Stokes is what I have now but Tiptree is the top level stuff.

Its obviously pretty hard judging by the way most of you seem unable to do so

Well I’m pretty much in your camp except I prefer back bacon and either cheap sliced white or artisan sourdough (either work well when dipped in the fat).

thols2

Chocolate covered bacon?

dyna-ti

This is not the type of thread pleasant to vascular surgeons. Salt….. Fat

Butter 😯

thols2

Or just leave out the bread and eat bacon as a snack with your bucket of mayo.

grum
    Free Member

No need to have the two separately.

“capitalism’s greatest triumph”

midlifecrashes

Bacon. Brie. Cranberry.

With a couple of apples straight from the tree.

tjagain

OMG – unrendered fat and all that extraneous stuff – and funny shaped bread!

thols2

The sauce idea got me curious so I tried some sweet chili sauce and melted cheese. Was ok but should have just stuck with butter, bacon, and egg.

thols2

Pork tenderloin sandwich.

onehundredthidiot

Wait a minute. That baconaisse is vegetarian.

dudeofdoom

And no artificial flavours 🙂

Mrs DoD actually bought me a thing of bacon mayo sauce and it too was vegetarian.

I don’t get it as a thing and also as being vegetarian.

dudeofdoom

And you can get a nice crunchy bacon if you microwave it with a zillion paper towels

dyna-ti

ts not hard to get some colour into it and a bit of crisp on the fat.

More oil in the pan is the key to this. 😉 Make sure you heat the oil up first before adding the bacon.

If you dont have enough oil in there and you try to cook it till its crispy, by the time it gets to that stage its like hardboard.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Nothing is best grilled.
    Nothing is best crispy, even crisps!
    All a bloody silly modern fashion
    Bacon should thick, lots of it. Thick slices of slightly sticky chewy white bread, a couple of mm of butter and red sauce. Several runny fried eggs are good inside as well.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I’ve had food poisoning for a week eating egg and rice and bland foods and tomorrow I am going to risk an egg and bacon butty even if I have to sit on the toilet eating it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

G w Whyte

Best bacon roll. Think “the horn”* style but with decent quality thick salty smoked bacon in a crunchy morning roll (not well fired)

And if you don’t know what “the horn” is you have no place in a Bacon related conversation.

Oh and streaky bacon is for topping pies and wrapping sausages. Has no place on a roll

didnthurt

Anyone remember the crap bacon from when you were a kid? Inedible rind and extra boney bits!

Not overly keen on the bacon I had in Ireland when I lived there. Too thick and incredibly salty.
    Scottish bacon (where I now live) is also a touch too salty but is a nice thin cut.

Good old Danish back bacon grilled until the fat is just turning crispy on a nice big floury barm. Splash of Heinz ketchup. With a industrial sized mug of sweet strong tea. Is in my opinion, perfection!

EDIT:- Not against an egg, but is a touch too messy for my liking so prefer a single egg fluffy omelette.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Anyone remember the crap bacon from when you were a kid? Inedible rind and extra boney bits!

Still get that in Africa. It’s grim

Viewing 22 posts - 121 through 142 (of 142 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.