Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Bacon butties. How hard is it?
  • Premier Icon thols2
    Free Member

The butter serves as sauce. It melts and every mouthful tastes like bacon fat and melted butter.

Premier Icon slowoldman

I’m inclined to agree that sauce is not required and is too often applied to foodstuffs which they don’t compliment (I’m looking at you chilli sauce). However I do like a splash of ketchup on my bacon butty and that Stokes stuff is excellent. But it is definitely NOT essential. Nor is butter.

Premier Icon jamj1974

Butter with bacon – totally unnecessary!

Premier Icon tjagain

Its obviously pretty hard judging by the way most of you seem unable to do so

Premier Icon slowoldman

However I do like a splash of ketchup on my bacon butty and that Stokes stuff is excellent

Just been shopping and the condiments aisle reminded me that Stokes is what I have now but Tiptree is the top level stuff.

Its obviously pretty hard judging by the way most of you seem unable to do so

Well I’m pretty much in your camp except I prefer back bacon and either cheap sliced white or artisan sourdough (either work well when dipped in the fat).

Premier Icon thols2
    Free Member

Chocolate covered bacon?

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

This is not the type of thread pleasant to vascular surgeons. Salt….. Fat

Butter 😯

Premier Icon thols2
    Free Member

Or just leave out the bread and eat bacon as a snack with your bucket of mayo.

Premier Icon grum

No need to have the two separately.

“capitalism’s greatest triumph”

Premier Icon midlifecrashes

Bacon. Brie. Cranberry.

With a couple of apples straight from the tree.

Premier Icon tjagain

OMG – unrendered fat and all that extraneous stuff – and funny shaped bread!

Premier Icon thols2
    Free Member

The sauce idea got me curious so I tried some sweet chili sauce and melted cheese. Was ok but should have just stuck with butter, bacon, and egg.

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.