• This topic has 342 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by SOAP.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 343 total)
  • Ashton Court! Brizzole
  • nickegg
    Free Member

Greetings to all you early morning AC lurkers! I too pass through there most mornings. Usually come up Providence Lane and in at the Quarry trail and contine round to the gatehouse, then into Clifton.

It sure beats going there in the evenings…i’m staggered at how busy it is since the trails opened.

DJ
    Free Member

I still haven’t had chance to ride the new trail yet. I’m really looking forward to it but am half tempted to wait for Leigh Woods to be finished too. Not sure I can wait that long though!

I hope it’s not too busy when I do! I’m sure it will calm down after a bit. My plans are to ride their mostly over the winter months and hit the Quantocks in the summer months.

Taz

Thanks Santacoops.

Don’t see that many folks in the morning but certainly hear people

Hoping my riding buddies can be persuaded to keep the early excursions going through the winter. Think it will be great ‘night riding’ track

santacoops
    Free Member

Was that you this morning?

Taz

I was there. Did Leigh Woods first then AC I guess 7.15 – 8ish

Saw 2 guys a couple of times (top of gravel track & by the gates)

If that was you then yes that was me 🙂

santacoops
    Free Member

Ahaa, yes that was me and a mate. Crackin morning! 🙂 Nice Nicolai by the way!

Taz

Good stuff. Will stop for a quick chat next time 🙂

Aiming to be there Weds & Friday mornings

Was a great morning. The rain made the track super grippy. Set’s you up nicely for the day

santacoops
    Free Member

Sounds good, prob see you there. 🙂

cheers_drive

Inspired by this thread I thought I’d get in some free riding time before work. I was in AC this morning from 7-8, saw a glimse of another rider through the trees but that was it. The trails to myself on a lovely morning 😀

clubber
    Free Member

You can’t beat early morning rides 🙂

wallop

That looks VERY early!

clubber
    Free Member

About 5:30 IIRC 🙂

Mintman
    Free Member

I’ve been away from Brizzle for a while and not seen any of this development. It certainly seems to have divided opinion but heading over there now to make my own mind up. Very excited about it too! I’ll be on a blue Pace 405 so please be gentle!

santacoops
    Free Member

Bit too early for me that! 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Ah, it’s lovely at that time at this time of year.

TooTall
    Free Member

I was going to head over there this morning before work. Glad I didn’t – sounds like it was a bit crowded!

clubber
    Free Member

This one was around 4am on the Summer Solstice 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

I have noticed that most people are riding hardtails now, it used to be filled with full fat susser’s, now its all about the hardtails.

I’ll be there Saturday or Sunday morning, although I’m not sure clubber would call 10am morning by the looks of it!

Really need to head over to Leigh Woods at some time, is there a map of the trails anywhere?

Reluctant
    Free Member

So early in the morning, Clubber, that your bike’s still having a lie in 😀

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I was going to head over there this morning before work. Glad I didn’t – sounds like it was a bit crowded!

I was up there this morning too, about 6.30am, deserted apart from one chap heading the wrong way on BBL.

Evenings through, its gosh darned heaving! Way more folk about than even the week-pre-bikefest-get-some-practice-laps-crazyness of years gone by.

HarYuken
    Free Member

I have ridden it all on big full sus (6″ Heckler), medium full sus (4″ Anthem X) and a hardtail SS and can confirm that the Anthem is the most fun bike if you want to incorporate all the red bits and ride as fast as you can.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Basically if you can’t stop, your[sic] are out of control.

Braaap!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

😀 😀 😀 That was a lot of fun.

3 loops of the blue trails (deer park, lower and upper quarry trails and beggar bush lane) + 50 acre wood + new barn wood once. After that I was pooped!

Lots of pumpy jumpy swoopy woopy bits interspersed with manic pedalling and pumping. Probably more bermed corners there than in the rest of Somerset. Came off the trail twice due to cornering errors, basically trying too hard and being pinged out too fast for the next corner. It’s going to need practice to ride well. Loads of folk on all sorts of bikes having fun at various speeds. I love it!

Chapeau to the 50 acre wood trail builders too. I thought that was great fun, and very different in character from the new stuff (roots, rocks and ruts).

clubber
    Free Member

wasn’t as busy as I expected this morning though I did spot another Swift for the first time. well, the guy on it flew past so I evidently can’t blame my bike 😉

Great not needing to wash the bike after a wet ride thought!

rp16v
    Free Member

was out on tues and i cant wait to get back up ther in the morning 🙂
    seems allot of ppl are riding around smileing and chatty at the ends or sections that before

number562554
    Free Member

Saw someone ripping the signs off while I was out for a run/balloon watch over Ashton Court this morning. About 8:30am edge of New Barn Wood just up from the new tables. Largish guy, scruffy grey hair, light blue T shirt, khaki/grey shorts, black and white cocker spaniel. When I shouted over and asked why he was doing it he claimed he was putting them back and was the guy who “ran the place” (which he obviously wasn’t). Didn’t seem angry or confrontational. My guess would be maybe a bit odd rather than militant anti bike protester.

Milkie
    Free Member

Saw someone ripping the signs off…

If I saw that I would take a photo or video of them.

Are the trails busy with the Ballon Fiesta going on?

number562554
    Free Member

If I saw that I would take a photo or video of them.

I don’t usually take a camera or phone with me when I’m out running. A gentleman should be smartly dressed at all times with no unsightly bulges in his shorts.

Are the trails busy with the Ballon Fiesta going on?

Only cyclist I saw was a woman who was pushing 90 going round the old rutted bit at the top end of the golf course. I helpfully pointed out the new bit of track for her so she wouldn’t wear out the grass any more.

Edit: PS. Going through old posts on here the description of the guy and cocker spaniel possibly matches one of someone putting sticks on Leigh Woods trails some time ago.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

number562554 – Member

Saw someone ripping the signs off while I was out for a run/balloon watch over Ashton Court this morning. About 8:30am edge of New Barn Wood just up from the new tables. Largish guy, scruffy grey hair, light blue T shirt, khaki/grey shorts, black and white cocker spaniel.

Told you it was the dog walkers.

The grey haired ye olde stick man from Leigh Woods was very thin,granted he may have put on weight more likely he’s dead.

Anyhow that reminds me, I’ll be up there tomorrow razzing around on my new non bent forks, I’ve been gagging to get back up there.

Flashy
    Free Member

I’ll be up after work tomorrow, after a few weeks away for a gentle amble…

DJ
    Free Member

What’s the word on the street as to what’s happening at Leigh Woods? Haven’t heard much about the developments there?! Have they even started?

It’d be good if the Bristol Trails Group could get some behind the scenes footgae like they did with Ashton Court?!

cplater1
    Free Member

Leigh Wood stuff is looking pretty good, from what I’ve seen of it. Sadly Clixbys aren’t keeping everyone updated like Architrail did.

MrAgreeable

Number 562554, would it be OK if we circulated your description of the sign stealer more widely, e.g. on posters round the estate? He seems to have progressed from removing signs to damaging the actual marker posts so anything that helps to curb his activities would be very welcome.

wallop

I think this has been mentioned before, but I was really shocked at the amount of rubbish left at the picnic tables in the roundabout last night.

Take it with you, you morons!

Though I’m sure nobody on this forum would dare leave their litter lying around….

Flashy
    Free Member

did a practice Bike fest lap last night (30 mins) and going near flat out met someone going the wrong way on Timberland trail when I “mentioned” this he yelled I wasn’t the only one to tell him that. I did suggest heeding that advice, reading the maps, reading the signs, etc.
    I hope that wasn’t one of you…………

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Moving on to older, natural trails – what’s with the “MTB Trail – Twin Peaks” sign on the cyclepath at the bottom of Leigh Woods? Saw it last night for the first time. doesnt really go anywhere mind you…

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

The Bath MTB Weds Night lot headed over for (a mostly) first time ride on the new trails last night.

Not a good start, torrential downpour and got absolutely soaked riding over from Bath (on the Railway path).

Rain had stopped tho’ by the time we met up with the others at the car park.

Headed into the woods and my glasses steamed up! Things improved when I also remembered to let some of the 65psi I’d put in my tyres for the ride over..!

Local John took us on a guided tour of the new stuff plus a couple of diversions. Trails wet (puddles in places).

Impressions?? “like a long version of the BMX track” “flows amazingly well” “needs to be ridden at speed” “surprisingly hard work” “not a lot of space for overtaking” “where did they get the grippy rock from?” “should be fun at Oktoberfest” “great idea, mini version of the big trail centres close to the City, a great way of introducing newbies” etc. etc.

So positive really 🙂

Saw loads of other riders / groups. All seemed to be enjoying themselves. Passed one tutting dog walker noted the vandalised signs 🙁 already. Saw the police checking the car park (which was good to note).

karen805
    Free Member

Does anyone know how busy AC is on a weekeday afternoon at the moment?

MrAgreeable

what’s with the “MTB Trail – Twin Peaks” sign on the cyclepath at the bottom of Leigh Woods?

A case of “I’ve found a Sharpie, so let’s make a new trail!” methinks.

The numbers are starting to thin out a bit I think. Not that it’s too much of a problem once you actually start riding.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

“Sharpie”?

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 343 total)

The topic ‘Ashton Court! Brizzole’ is closed to new replies.