Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Arrrrggghhh! I knew I should have gone riding …
  • cinnamon_girl

Full of good intentions this morning at C_G Towers – a wardrobe had to be moved (how exciting is that?).

So I emptied out said wardrobe then swivelled it across bedroom. Unfortunately it decided it wanted to impersonate the leaning tower of Pisa and one of the doors had a big mirror attached 😯

Although reassured that my insurance policy covered accidental damage to contents, there was a mad panic to remove wardrobe doors before I got flattened by the whole bloomin' lot!

I seriously detest domestic duties 🙁

Hope everyone is having a better day but if you're not, please post up and sympathy can be offered 🙄

rOcKeTdOg

i went to a bike shop to pick up some new wheels, going to a beer festival at 4pm

xc-steve
    Free Member

Well I've had to opt for the none ride option today to finish off/start my wedding Order of service things… DARN me being a cheepscate and saying I'd make them myself!

Having said that it is raining outside so don't feel quite as bad as if it was sunny!

NZCol

Went for a run, had brunch with some mates, sorting gear out and washing some clothes, fly back to NZ later on so preparing myself for another lonnnnng boring flight !

cinnamon_girl

rOcKeTdOg – you're not expecting sympathy are you 😉

steve – good point about the weather!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My approach to domestics is to only do what is strictly necessary. What a slob I am!

A ride will cheer you up.

mema
    Free Member

I'm sat at my desk attempting to write up my PhD. My bikes are leaned against the otherside of the desk,not sure how much they will be ridden this summer 🙁

sor
    Free Member

Had blood test yesterday afternoon at doctors surgery. Within two hours he was on the phone telling me to get my butt down to the local A&E where they were now waiting to give me a transfusion.

I told him there was some mistake as I was out on my bike. He said stop, don't exert, I could pass out at any moment. Call a taxi or a friend to collect me and take straight to hospital.

A big thumbs up to all the medic-types for the speed of it all, but if there's sympathy getting spread around, then I'm sure you'd appreaciate how that ruined what should have been a nice, sunny, Friday-afternoon-off-work ride.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

blimy sor – that's quite mad!

roper
    Free Member

It is 33C here and I had a lovely 3.5hrs road ride this morning surrounded buy fields of sunflowers nestled in between mountains and the sea.
    Not sure if that helps though 😉

40mpg

Fell off and broke my collarbone last week.

No riding this weekend (should have been on a club trip to the Peaks).

No pub crawl ride next Friday, although they are all stopping in to share my beer and bbq.

No riding dry, dusty, warm trails all July and August.

And i am soooooooooooooooo bored! Cant even fettle or polish bike bits at the moment 😥

oldfart

CG Did my last Saturday for Royal Mail .YAY!!! Well and truly knak'd now .Must remember how feel when i have doubts about jumping ship. Actually glad it's chucking it down don't think i've got a ride in me today .Going to try film Iron Giant in a minute !!

Lummox

went out on ride today, heavy showers forecasted- still went, on way (read as virtually there) remembered i'd forgotten shoes- went back, still went, whilst at home getting forgotten shoes garage door key snapped off in lock! Still went for ride, got soaked, now feeling a bit yucky.

Think i should change my name to Unlucky Alf

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i havent been for a ride as i had a killer hangover!!

does that count??

bigyinn
    Free Member

Went out last night for a ride round my local rooty hell, expecting it to be comepletely lethal, it was bone dry and fast. Great fun! Shame i spoilt it by losing the trail and crossing through bramble infested woods shredding my shins so they were a bloody mess when i got in.

montylikesbeer

3 hour ride with mart and Graham, a couple of pints in the jolly………….all is right in the world

Drac

I went shopping with the Mrs it was great 🙄 but I did get some jeans reduced from £150 to £40.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but I did get some jeans reduced from £150 to £40.

FORTY POUNDS for a pair of jeans ?? Madness!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Got up …
    Breakfast watching Mobil Grid 1…

Messed around in an aimless kinda way…

Watched F1 qualifying….

Watched somat else … then somat else…

Had a quick blast on tinternet

Watched some Golf… (yawned a lot)

Went and got Gran Torino and some popcorn for tonights entertainment…

As with 40mpg .. off bike for months and oh so fffffff bored…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Someone once described being made love to by Nicholas (Fatty) Soames as being like having a large wardrobe fall on you – with a small key…

cinnamon_girl

Gordon Bennett, I started a nice little thread and it has degenerated into some sort of deviant-behaviour fest 😯

sfb – haven't you got some pics of ladies ar$es, oops I mean people mountain-biking pics, to sort out ready to post on here?? Get off this forum 😉

sor – that doesn't sound very pleasant but hope you are now OK.

oldfart – a gentleman of leisure now eh? Did you wipe a tear from your eye? Nope, thought not 😉

Spongebob
    Free Member

I'd shift your wardrobe any day cinnamon_girl! 8)

Drac

That's what I thought after what I paid for my last pair it made me cry.

bumley
    Free Member

I rode this morning. Then helped a friend paint the hall, stairs and landing in her new house, did a good job and without a hitch so decided to treat myself by going out for another ride!

Then went to do my weekly food shop and somehow managed to get my little toe caught in the wheel of the trolley, it was a bit painful and when i looked down my toe was at a right angle to my foot! Its back facing the right direction now, a bit swollen and starting to go through the colours of the rainbow!

So proud of myself I didn't cry like a big girl!

CG – The moral of the story is riding doesn't always stop bad stuff happening………..

………..and also open footwear and shopping trollies = PAIN!

samuri
    Free Member

not a bad day for me. Got up and washed two loads of dishes and took the dog out for a walk, took my son for a new skateboard in the morning, then took some forks to be shot blasted. Then everyone elae went out so I watched the flying scotsman (great film) and then inspired, hooked out a quick 50 miler. Got back, had a shower and a nap, played on the xbox for 40 minutes, watched yesterday's stage on iplayer, had tea while watching today's stage. Did some more washing up some clothes washing and put the food shopping away that my wifre had bought. Tidied up a bit, started work at 22:00, finished by 23:30, started drinking beer.

All in all quite a good day. 😉

samuri
    Free Member

It's crazy over crazy but I actually bought a pair the other day. They are being kept for special occasions though.

Lummox

ok to add onto my first post, sat night developed swine flu.

Have been pretty crook since, even missed a trip to cwncarn today 😥

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Arrrrggghhh! I knew I should have gone riding …’ is closed to new replies.