Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Arrow
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Is daft, and totally a soap opera, but I’m enjoying it all the same 🙂

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Agreed. Mind numbing but watchable trash TV, especially when Felicity is on. Can’t help but expect john wheelbarrowman to start singing and dancing though

molgrips
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say trash.. it’s got something… but I spend more time chuckling at it than I do on the edge of my seat.

Agree re Felicity though.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Only seen series 1. Is 2 any better?

molgrips
    Free Member

2 is where it gets soap-operaey. It’s fun if you can appreciate the comic-book-silliness.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Was good when it started, it’s tosh now

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s bloody brilliant. Just munched through first two seasons, and as long as you take it for what it is, a comic book, then it’s ace. It’s certainly not trash, tho. Some very tight storylines.

I should caveat that I am a massive DC fan, and the fact the Flash is now airing makes me very happy.

molgrips
    Free Member

I didn’t know it was DC based, figured it out half way through 🙂

Approaching the climax of S2 now on Amazon Prime.

Jamie
    Free Member

The Green Arrow, Canary, League Of Assasins, Flash etc are all from the DC Universe. Once you realise this it’s Easter egg/hidden references ahoy. It’s Amazo!

Basically, Arrow, Flash and Gotham are DC’s shows at the mo.

CountZero

Really enjoyed Arrow season 1, especially Felicity, (sigh), but, not being familiar with the character, it took a while to spot certain characters, I missed the Flash appearing before he became the Flash, and I wasn’t entirely sure who the Black Canary was at first.
    It was certainly interesting seeing Barrowman being such a hard-ass, 😉 there might have been a bit of Captain Jack there as well.
    Liking the Flash, too, lighter tone than Arrow, it’ll be interesting to see how it develops.
    Gotham? Meh, totally lost interest, it’s just a complete mess, can’t be arsed to watch it now.

PrinceJohn

I love DC, but whereas Marvel seem to be able to do everything right, they just seem to keep shooting themselves in the foot

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Yeah, love it for the fact I see it like a comic rather than a serious TV show. It’s a bit like Smallville, not started watching Season 3 yet but I’m sure it’ll be as daft as the other two seasons.

Edit: As long as it doesn’t get as poo as Smallville did for a while though and Arrow doesn’t turn in to a camp Green Arrow like he was in Smallville, I’ll be happy.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah I know little about DC but when you say that it makes sense that Barry got struck by lightening and then left the show…

Jamie
    Free Member

PrinceJohn – Member
    I love DC, but whereas Marvel seem to be able to do everything right, they just seem to keep shooting themselves in the foot
    POSTED 35 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I guess my counter argument would be, you’re wrong.

😛

dobo
    Free Member

tried to watch gotham the other day, that was pants but arrow was just about ok. theres better trash on, ncis la is my dirty secret, and something else i forgot.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m not going to click the link, but if it’s who I fear it might be then immagonna nerd rage!

kimbers

It’s a bit like Smallville,

you see thats what im worried about, smallville was a tedious teen soapy load of codswallop and I usually love superhero stuff

tell me arrow is better?

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s nothing like Smallville.

Unless there was several arrows to the face, and necks getting snapped, that I missed when I used to catch the odd Smallville episode.

Constantine is on here now too. Liked Arrow for most of S1 then just got a bit burnt out. Have to go back to it.

Lifer
    Free Member

The best DC related thing recently was easily

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwTMsUbJKeY[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the big problem with all the interlinking and references (Marvel have this too) is that you need the list of what to watch when, almost leave it a few years then get the box set in order to avoid lots and lots of spoilers for the other series.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Ha ha. No I meant Smallville used to be good but it went on for waaaayyy too long which spoiled it. I like the fact Arrow is a bit darker than the usual teen drama tripe.

The one thing id like to see happen is a good suicide squad show (yes I know they’re doing a film) since they’ve already introduced them in the Arrow show. But it would need to be a bit more grown up IMO in that it’s not aimed at the teen TV audience.

Jamie
    Free Member

I would go out on a limb, and say Arrow isn’t a teen show.

Looks like I might need to hire Deadshot to take out all these dissenting voices.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah not really but there is a big nod towards the adolescent male audience (or sad older single blokes). I’m not sure if the acting is bad or just that’s how they are playing it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Personally, I’m blaming the viewer.

molgrips
    Free Member

I did wonder about the suicide squad bit, didn’t make much sense in the show.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Tried and failed miserably to take it seriously… Love comic book adaptions usually, It makes agents of shield look good.

molgrips
    Free Member

Right, that’s that watched.

What next? Amazon Prime or Netflix.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Arrow’ is closed to new replies.