Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Are you wearing face coverings at work ?
  • poly
    Free Member

The other problem is is who is going to police it? He hasn’t managed and policed the social distancing so why would this be any different.

Potentially mask wearing is easier to police, you are or you are not, there is no judgement or measuring tape required, you don’t need to work out who moved into the other’s space etc.

Please don’t think for one minute I’m against it as that isn’t the case. I just want to make sure it’s done properly if we do it.

I don’t think it will be long before it’s mandated as per Scotland (and Wales?), but regardless of that – if (a) it reduces the risk of Covid and/or (b) it reduces the risk of being told to self isolate because someone in the same work area was positive – it seems like a no-brainer for both staff and management. The union’s only legitimate concern (assuming it doesn’t stop people doing their job safely/effectively) could be how you will deal with rule breakers.

MrOvershoot

poly

it reduces the risk of being told to self isolate because someone in the same work area was positive – it seems like a no-brainer for both staff and management.

Well its not so clear it reduces the risk as we were all wearing masks and gloves and have all been told to self isolate due to a staff member testing positive?

jon1973
    Free Member

Do you have any rules on distance as we had 2 lads given written warnings because they were in the same room as each other, 15 meters apart!!

Were they naked?

dethbeard
    Free Member

I only work from work maybe twice a month, max.
    I do not wear a mask when I go in.
    There will be only 1 other person, and she’ll be in a different room, we might exchange pleasantries but it would be with a 2m gap (minimum)
    I would only be in for a couple of hours, tops.

MrOvershoot

jon1973

Do you have any rules on distance as we had 2 lads given written warnings because they were in the same room as each other, 15 meters apart!!

Were they naked?

I bloody hope not its a food factory 😮

anagallis_arvensis

Only when outdoors or in open spaces….its funny cause its true!!

You’ll be shocked to find out what happened next!!

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Are you wearing face coverings at work ?’ is closed to new replies.