Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Are you wearing face coverings at work ?
  • renton
    Free Member

Just wondering about this and what the various industries are pushing

Are you wearing a face covering permanently at work or only at certain times.

Cheers

Steve.

MrOvershoot

Pretty much all the time & have been doing since March.
    If you have an office with a door or in a toilet cubical not required.
    But we did an assessment on all areas at work and each door has a Max No of people at any time and all must wear masks, surgical in offices & lab all production areas N95

Drac

Yes when not able to socially distance, moving around premises and a few other reasons.

matt_outandabout

We’re not working from the office.

If anyone has to go in they wear a mask at all times in a building.

MrOvershoot

Drac

Yes when not able to socially distance, moving around premises and a few other reasons.

Do you have any rules on distance as we had 2 lads given written warnings because they were in the same room as each other, 15 meters apart!!

longdog
    Free Member

My wife is back in the office 1-2 days a week and has to wear a mask other than when at sat her desk.

Rooms have been given a maximum occupancy too.

Looks like I’ll still be working from home until at least the summer

Drac

Do you have any rules on distance as we had 2 lads given written warnings because they were in the same room as each other, 15 meters apart!!

Under 2m you must where a mask.

MoreCashThanDash

When in the office – not been in since March – we now have to be masked at all times.

MrsMC has to wear a mask when visiting clients (social worker)

Eldest is at college, they are masked at all times when indoors.

Bregante

Yes. When not at desks.

oldschool

Yes, unless sat at desk or eating in the canteen.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Yes have been since March, screens up round desks, reduced occupancy and 1 way corridors/doors

MrOvershoot

Drac
    Under 2m you must wear a mask.

I thought it was a bit harsh given its about 30×20 meters with a 8m ceiling and a brutal exhaust drawing from the room 1/4km2 an hour.
    Having said this the manager in question is a knob and has his own private stash of PPE but micro manages everyone else’s kit?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Same, with provision to take it off in hot areas if it’s safe to do so.

MartynS

not at desk/work station but when moving around the building.

Lateral flow testing twice a week for workers in 4 of more days a week, once a week for 3 or less coming in 8-10 days

building occupancy kept at a minimum. The department can’t work from home with the exception of scheduler’s and management

That said i’m out on the road 90% of the time and mainly outdoors.

monkeyboyjc

Work in a shop I have mine on 8.30am – 5pm

rOcKeTdOg

7.5 hours a day since April, we were also on split shifts to reduce the amount of people there, that reverted to everyone in when the first lockdown finished. Suspect we’ll be going back to that soon

postierich
    Free Member

About 50% at work in delivery office, weak management does not enforce in cramped conditions , I start late so most of the office has left by the time I start I use a buff . Most van shares have finished  we have at least 10 people off in an office of 60  off due to various sickness/covid. Managers don’t seem to put 2 and 2 together

renton
    Free Member

Interesting comments so far thanks.

I am having a right dick dance at work.

We have a risk assessment that I wrote saying to maintain 2m distancing and if you can’t, wear a mask.

Production manager who has a little H&S experience has spoke with his son who works in the aerospace industry and they are wearing them permanently.

So now he is trying to push it at our workplace. Despite him not managing his own staff when they don’t maintain social distancing.

Current guidelines say coverings should replace any existing control measures and as such aren’t required in certain industries like factories.

m0rk
    Free Member

Weekly testing regime, masks worn when moving around a very distanced office

But I’ve not returned back this year, no need to

theotherjonv

That does sound harsh but depends on what your operating procedures say. I’d have thought a verbal reminder appropriate if it was a first instance.

At ours we wear face coverings in all communal areas including labs, all offices are now single occupancy, no corridor chats, etc. Of course there are some exceptions like our big open plan sales area which is still multiple occupancy (maybe 1/4 desks used and big posted reminders to maintain SD) – not that sales are in, these are now overspill areas where lab staff offices are now single occupancy.

I’m totally impressed and on board with how our management and CV crisis team have kept on top of this, I feel very safe when in the office. Helps too that it’s a science business I think, far fewer CV deniers and a good understanding of the balance of risks versus individual freedoms, so adherence to policies is excellent.

montylikesbeer

We are wearing masks, socially distancing.

Interestingly we received a snap visit from the HSE on Wednesday to check our processes

timber

No, but we’re in the woods, two tree lengths apart to avoid being squashed.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

This. Loads of space in my office, as soon as I stand up to leave desk it’s on though, only take it off at canteen.

mick_r

We are in fancy engineering test labs so similar to an aerospace setting (very high roof, people well spread out).

Face masks when moving around until in your normal work area. Then masks again when working around others.

Handily we already have a 1 metre grid in the floor for bolting things down, so very easy to check social distancing. Even so, human beings seem to naturally drift closer without realising – I’d say without the grid as reference, what people think of as 2m is often 1 to 1.5m max.

anagallis_arvensis

Only when outdoors or in open spaces….its funny cause its true!!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Production manager who has a little H&S experience has spoke with his son who works in the aerospace industry and they are wearing them permanently.

So now he is trying to push it at our workplace. Despite him not managing his own staff when they don’t maintain social distancing.

Forgetting his choice to enforce or not, that doesn’t sound unreasonable, I work in a power station for context and there are some proper hot areas I need to walk around but still manage fine. I’m also not aware of any work related outbreaks on site despite having people travel from multiple local authorities, make of that what you will.

It’s also law up here which helps the case for enforcement.

stretch…
    Free Member

Yes, have been since March with the exception of single occupancy offices. Prior to November masks were mandatory inside all buildings but since November it’s mandatory to wear a mask anywhere on site.

Gribs

Thankfully not. Spread over various offices and labs in the building there’s about 30 of us working near central Bradford. Social distancing has diminished as it’s gone on but we’re not exactly back to normal. With all this we’ve had no positive tests and much reduced general sickness.

oopnorth
    Free Member

In our own offices then no, but in communal areas or with colleagues then yes. But many of our staff are working from home.

Currently working in fields building a solar farm and have a H&S Hitler wandering round shouting at people to wear them or they will be kicked off site. My workers are 6 Latvians who drive for 30hrs in a van together to get to the UK, live in apartments together and work together. They aren’t going to give it to each other in a field

fasthaggis

Yes, have been since March with the exception of single occupancy offices.

Same here.

The only people that need reminded are contractors and some delivery drivers,but they probably read on the internet that Covid is no big deal and just a wee bit worse than a cold.

wait4me

Was only required when moving between separate work zones, but since Xmas it’s masks required if unable to maintain 2m distancing. I’m amazed by how many only pay lip service to it including management. So it came as no surprise coming back this year and half of middle management have contacted it. That’ll learn them.

Pyro

Yes in public areas, no when in our office itself: there’s 4 of us in an office that previously seated 40.

tjagain

Yes – all the time bar when we are eating – but then I am a nurse.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Local authority passenger transport driver here, we transport disabled children & those with SEN’s. Drivers have to wear a mask at all times & any passenger assistants must wear a mask, visor, gloves & a plastic apron whilst on the bus or moving the children. What use the aprons are is anyone’s guess. There’s only 2 people work in our office & they wear masks, staff in general aren’t allowed to congregate in the office or the area outside.

stuey
    Free Member

@ a_a I’ve been wearing one in class since the off. One of TA staff got threatened with disciplinary for wearing in class. Four of department caught covid from asymptomatic germbags

Children
    Everybody wearing mask now 🙂

– but not the ‘social distanced’ <sic> children

neila

When in the office masks are required when moving away from your desk/workstation. No mask required in the mess room. All rooms are marked with maximum occupancy and 2m distancing is maintained at all times. We have a specific Risk Assessment for close working. Out on site (power stations) the rules are pretty similar. Some sites require us contractors to have a LAMB test before they let us on but the site staff are only tested if they show symptoms. Our management are considering routine tests for us. Feel pretty safe.

sparksmcguff

Masks warn at all times.
    Unless in office alone.
    PCR testing minimum weekly.
    Laterally flow tests as soon as anyone has a sniffle followed by PCR.

ayjaydoubleyou

Only when with clients and indoors.
    Not worn In the office, which is on a rota system so in 2 days a week. Office was too big for our needs to begin with.

Nobody in the office has had it (symptomatically or test proven at least)
    One of the part time admin ladies has had to self isolate twice due to school age child.

DezB
    Free Member

Not at the desk, but a requirement when moving around. Thankfully don’t have to go on site much.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Are you wearing face coverings at work ?’ is closed to new replies.