Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • are you happy?
  • steveh

I'd go for a 8 at the moment. No job since december but that means riding more than ever, never been this fit and looking forward to the race season starting soon. About the only improvements i could make are getting an SO a finding some way to earn money without really working.

MrOvershoot

Edukator – Member

I think if I scored less than 5 I'd do something about it.

Find a cure for MS and you can have all I have

ton

about 8 at the present
    been down to 1 a couple of times in the past, but hopefully never again.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Enjoy my job, happily married, two lovely daughters, cellar full of expensive bicycles, stupidly fast 600cc sports bike in the garage, life ain't bad at all. So probably 8-9 most of the time, but frequent bouts of probably 2, very occasionally 1, due to sh!t I'm sort of conscious of and really should sort out.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yes 😀

john_drummer
    Free Member

I'd say 8-9

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I'm healthy.
    My daugter is healthy and wired up right.
    Both my parents are alive and together.
    Girlyfriend is great.
    And the days are getting longer.

My job is shite.

Give it a 9

cinnamon_girl

9 8) I'm an optimist, am done with feeling sorry for myself.

Hell, I've got some fantastic bikes, I have my health and am enjoying life. Sure, some aspects could be better but optimism rules 😆

aracer
    Free Member

lol GavGas : i think everyone is a 10 when out riding…

If you think that then you've probably never really been a 2. I managed a 2/3 whilst out riding last year. Of course the problem with being down there is even getting yourself out on the bike in the first place.

alpin
    Free Member

on a day-to-day basis, when i'm not thinking about what i'm doing or where i'm going, a 6. that might come down a notch or two when i've got a kiddies lesson that day (such as today AND tomorrow) because they're little shits. i've got no worries. i cover the costs of my existence, have enough to eat, can afford to go snowboarding and can ride my bike (not been happening enough recently) when i like.

if i look at where i am in my 'life' i'd say 4. could have/should have done more with myself. too content just plodding along. chronic weed habit hasn't helped, i'm sure. although, i've not smoked any 'real' weed for over four weeks. i took a work-shy job (carpenter; more or less your own boss, can slack off when you want) in the UK and found it to be the complete opposite here in Germany. jacked in the job and trained as a teacher for English (TEFL type thingy). i'm financially ok, but could have a lot more behind me if i really set my mind to it. when the GF is done with her diploma it should be interesting to see where we end up. hopefully be higher up the 1-10 scale of happiness.

IF i get the job that i've an interview for in a weeks time, then this summer should rate as at least a 8. fingers crossed. it'd only be a four month contract, but it'd also be a foot in the door for the next season.

wee-al
    Free Member

Dunno, 6? I'm gettin pretty freakin bored with not having a girlfriend or even a decent one night stand. I've got a good job, although i don't really enjoy it. Mainly because i'm worried people will find out/already know i'm going to be no good at it. I also need to move away, i was planing moving to spain this year, unfortunately that's on hold for now.

Yeah i'd say a 6.

Hopefully the weather isn't too horrible tomorrow, then i'll be out on one of my bikes and it should go up a few numbers.

angryratio
    Free Member

It fluctuates. Some days i wake up and i feel homicidal, others i just feel vaguely angry.
    so generally 5 when i'm riding with mates it's a 9. If i was more skilled on a bike riding somewhere good it'd be a 10 😛

neilnevill
    Free Member

4 this week, down from a 5 last week but much better than the 2 of 18 months back. I hope to achieve the 9 I've had before again and will strive to do so.

Kit
    Free Member

5 – meh.

samuri
    Free Member

If you'd have asked me three months ago – 2.

Ask me now? 8 or 9. What a **** brilliant change of lifestyle I made. It'd be 10 apart from a few minor details which I'm working on right now.

genesis
    Free Member

An 8 I guess, all is good. Usual gripes from SO about money but hey-ho.

Driller
    Free Member

Off the **** scale!

I've said it before and I'll say it again… When I die I want to come back as me.

Life couldn't be better.

Stoner
    Free Member

as for driller – Im a 10+ at the moment.

Everything is going ace.

New Stoner Jr in the oven, building my own house, good friends, lovely family, financial comfort… all good. Now I just need my riding mojo back and I'll be as happy as a blind lesbian at a tuna tinning factory.

igm

I misread this one.

Some days i wake up and i feel homicidal, others i just feel vaguely angry.

I thought it read "others I feel vaguely hungry" – which is how I normally wake up.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Nice to discover that the world isnt all 9's and 10's, making me feel paranoid about being a 5-6

IanMunro
    Free Member

About a 5, I'm always wary of extremists.

BillMC

It surprises me to see so many people low down the scale when mtb can really deliver 'flow' experiences that eradicate depression. Research I've read suggests that depression is closely associated with materialistic and competitive attitudes. Conclusion? Whatever your circumstances or amount of bling you have, get out there and be a flaneur both on and off the bike and things will cheer up.

flamejob
    Free Member

Beautiful lady – Tick
    Nice bikes – Tick
    Great appartment – Tick
    Mountains and beach – Tick
    Fantastic job – Tick
    Smug – Tick

I'll have a 10 😀

allthegear
    Free Member

9 at least. Give me a few months and I think I can make it a 10…

enduro-aid
    Free Member

mmmmmhhhhhhh I'll give myself a 7

got a good lady
    got a good paying steady job (could do with a touch more job satisfaction)
    got a nice car
    got a new flat on the way this summer

only down points really are not getting enough skiing in and not enough time out on the bike

Keva
    Free Member

I love my life

hasn't always been the case but has been for the last few years. There were times many years ago I wanted to jump off a bridge or lie on the railway tracks… can't even imagine being in that state of mind ever again. weird.

Kev

darrell
    Free Member

I'd be a 10 if i lived nearer my family and friends

grumm
    Free Member

It surprises me to see so many people low down the scale when mtb can really deliver 'flow' experiences that eradicate depression. Research I've read suggests that depression is closely associated with materialistic and competitive attitudes. Conclusion? Whatever your circumstances or amount of bling you have, get out there and be a flaneur both on and off the bike and things will cheer up.

Maybe some correlation with the fact that the people low down the scale can't ride for some reason. I can't and I would put myself at a 2 or 3 at the minute.

anagallis_arvensis – really sorry to hear that – hope things improve for you.

Reading things like that make me feel like I should count my blessings more that I can lead a relatively normal life at the mo – but it doesn't, which just makes me feel like more of a ****. 🙁

Geronimo
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    I frigging hate working, although my actual job isn't that bad, if that makes sense. I mean going to work day to day is ok if a little boring.. but when I start thinking of the whole world of stuff out there I get a bit sad…

Same here. Life is mostly good. It should really be at least an 8.

Healthy, comfortable, happily married, good friends, but I've always been underwhelmed by work and feel guilty about not getting any satisfaction from it all. It's ok, pays relatively well and isn't damaging to my health, other than lack of exercise.

Going to work just feels like a waste of time, even though I know that it pays the bills.
    I'm probably too inquisitive and looking to expand my knowledge and experiences -sitting in an office for 40 hours a week doesn't satisfy this.

Edukator
    Free Member

Find a cure for MS and you can have all I have

You'll note that I'm one of the few posters that has made no mention of anything material. Even if I could find a cure for MS I wouldn't take anything you have in return.

jimster
    Free Member

Mmmmh, 4, and that's pushing it

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

A Cock-a-hoop 9!

noteeth
    Free Member

I'm alright, jack.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘are you happy?’ is closed to new replies.