Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • Are you a hand-wringin', tofu-eatin' liberal nancy?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

coz I probably am not. Either way I have some Guardian subscriber vouchers for the month of June (1st to 25th Mon-Sat £22-worth) that I dont need.

Free to the person to come up with most shudderingly Toynbee/Monbiot posting on this subject by Sunday lunchtime. Marxists need not apply:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13587434

Ministers have tried to highlight the impact of benefit fraud by publishing some of the more unusual excuses used by people found guilty of cheating.

Reasons include carrying ladders as therapy rather than for cleaning windows, and claiming an identical twin had been doing work rather than them.

About £1.6bn is lost through benefit and tax credit fraud each year.

allthepies
    Free Member

😆

They’ll all be supping their skinny lattes and checking their online share portfolio valuations at this time on a Sunday morning.

molgrips
    Free Member

No. I don’t like tofu.

CaptJon
    Free Member

The truly informed liberals read the FT Weekend. Wonderful piece about Lady Gaga by Stephen Fry, simply wonderful. Plus it’s got all the detail about share portfolios.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I ain’t falling for your shite Stoner, but I’ll have the vouchers 🙂

After all, if you could afford Osmo Oil, you can afford to chuck away a few vouchers.

TooTall
    Free Member

I went to see George Monbiot talking in Bristol a couple of weeks ago. It was heavy on the chattering-class pseudo-intellectuals with a smattering of steadfast nuclear haters.

I may agree with much of what George Monbiot says. Does that make me a Guardian reader now? The shame.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No. I don’t like tofu.

Cauldron’s marinated tofu is surprisingly nice. And it’s iAllowed.

robd

Or we could forget about the benefit cheats and try and get our £4.5 billion off of Vodafone or some of the other large corporations that owe us tens of billions.

Do I win? (please do not let me win as I do not live in the suburbs and drive a Prius so am not a guardian reader.)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

When I see who slags off Guardian readers here, it makes me positively proud to buy it.

Stoner
    Free Member

back of the queue DD.

I know you have a copy of the Sun on the dashboard of your works van.

TT – you sick, sick man. Your need the Independent in your life for truly Islingtonista editorials.

molgrips
    Free Member

When I see who slags off Guardian readers here, it makes me positively proud to buy it.

*cheers and applause* 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

More money is lost through error than fraud.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🙄

Last time I answer your silly timber related questions 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

More money is lost through error than fraud.

That’s nice. Liking that one. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

error is the fault of the system, fraud is the fault of greed.
    They are not equivalent.

tofumuncher.

Junkyard
    Free Member

tax avoidance costs much more
    oh yes and hope she dies

PS i have three different types of Tofu in the fridge 🙄
    Will anyone actually defend fraud or lies ?

how am I doing?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Hope? You mean, she MIGHT NOT?

Interesting argument though. Does this mean that people who nick bikes should not be prosecuted because some people nick expensive jewellery?

Stoner
    Free Member

the comparable to benefit fraud is tax evasion.
    Tax avoidance is no worse than you putting your money in an ISA or paying into your pension. I hope you dont have a pension JY, or you’re bang to rights sunshine!

So JY starting to nose ahead with a factually incorrect, commercial bashing, piece of leftist nonsense propaganda.

Junkyard
    Free Member

YAH – you know if we targeted it we would all be better off so I also win in having a point.
    Thanks for hoping my retirement will be poor – ah the caring side of Tory politics 😉
    See petty digs and not letting it go either 😆
    Off out riding Enjoy
    PS give it to someone poorer than me who needs it more [ got to be worth some points that one

IanMunro
    Free Member

Sorry, I haven’t got time to write a post, as the mung beans need watering.

donsimon
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmmm Tofu!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So do I get the vouchers or not?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Does this mean that people who nick bikes should not be prosecuted because some people nick expensive jewellery?

You are good at deductive reasoning aren’t you.

TooTall
    Free Member

Your need the Independent in your life for truly Islingtonista editorials.

Thats in my Favourites as well.

😳

molgrips
    Free Member

Tax avoidance is no worse than you putting your money in an ISA or paying into your pension.

No it’s not.

The govt have decided to let you pay into pensions and ISAs tax free as a break. You’re following the rules. Tax evasion is breaking the rules to avoid paying tax for which you are actually liable.

Don’t be silly.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Stoner; do you actually know much about real life, and the experiences of people outside your cosy little tory bubble, or is all your ‘knowledge’ gained from books and newspapers?

Yeah, you can spout a lot of pseudo-intellectual waffle, and produce some nice graphs, but you don’t really display much genuine understanding of much of the society in which you live.

And your constant attempts to have a dig at the Left, reveal a fair bit of insecurity and lack of real confidence about yourself. I imagine you’re probbly one of those who finds it far easier to express yourself via the safety of the internet, but lacks that same confidence to do so in real life. Same as that Woppit really.

I’d take that Guardian subscription, but sadly I don’t have an equivalent subscription of Social Cowards Weekly to offer in return.

Sorry to disturb your Tory Boy circle-jerk though. As you were.

allthepies
    Free Member

The govt have decided to let you pay into pensions and ISAs tax free as a break. You’re following the rules. Tax evasion is breaking the rules to avoid paying tax for which you are actually liable.

Tax evasion <> Tax avoidance

Lifer
    Free Member

Tax avoidance on the commercial scale it’s carried out now, today in the UK is not comparable to a freakin’ ISA. It may be legal but it’s wrong when it’s only the rich who can afford the mechanisms by which to achieve it. Plus the figure dwarves benefit fraud and error by billions.

Highlighting that fraud is actually the smaller loss is not to say ‘it’s okay’ it’s to show that the figures usually quoted as fraud are lies.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, I know.

EDIT: just read Stoner’s post properly.. as you were.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I was under the impression that tax avoidance was arguably morally corrupt, but perfectly legal.

Can’t see how you’d afford a coke whore girlfriend like this, without it…

yossarian
    Free Member

I too enjoy watching people revealing their true colours. It’s funny when they step out into the light and the true extent of their shrivelled egocentricity is revealed.

Don’t read newspapers btw

Edit : good broadside elfin, waiting for the public school common room response you know is coming…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Stoner reneges on voucher offer shocker.

I’m hurting…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’d be more than happy to discuss such matters with Stoner, Woppit, Flashy etc in person, but for some reason, they seem to be reluctant to finance their gobs…

Funny, that, eh? 😕

yossarian
    Free Member

They don’t want to talk about themselves. Self awareness is not a strong point. Why would they want to talk to you? What can you offer them that they don’t already own? They have been brought up to believe that the strong should dominate the weak, you are weak in their eyes.

ton

i can honestly say that i am not a tofu eating liberal nancy.

johnners
    Free Member

I’d be more than happy to discuss such matters with Stoner, Woppit, Flashy etc in person, but for some reason, they seem to be reluctant to finance their gobs..

I don’t think it’s hard to understand. There are a few on here who come across as prize bellends in their internet incarnations – why on earth would I want to waste time with them in person?

Stoner
    Free Member

Elfin doesnt win because there’s too many long words and not enough pictures in the Guardian for him.

And for those trying so hard to find equivalence in them:

If I undertake benefit fraud = I intend to GAIN money from the state by deception

If I undertake Tax Evasion = I Intend to illegally minimise tax payments on INCOME EARNED through deception

If I undertake Tax Avoidance = I intend to minimise tax payments on INCOME EARNED through legal means open and transparent declaration of my intentions.

If I receive benefits through error = I have GAINED money from the state by it’s omission or incompetence.

There’s massive jumps in morality and legality between each of those, and the tired argument comparing Tax Avoidance with Fraud is so clearly spurious that Im surprised some people still cling to it.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Maybe it’s cos they realise they can’t actually dominate ‘weak’ little me, when it comes to actually discussing the reality of stuff, so they continue to stay hidden…

IE, their ‘strength’ is little more than an illusion, one through which even they can see.

Like that Woppit; gives it all thayt on here, but got spanked by some bloke for riding his bike on the pavement. Din’t do owt to prevent himself from getting spanked, but then came on here to vent his frustration and cry about how it was so jolly unfair…

ton

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Are you a hand-wringin', tofu-eatin' liberal nancy?’ is closed to new replies.