Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Are there any good deals on 5-5" full sus frames?
  • Fishbone
    Free Member

As title really, looking for a AM style full sus frame,is there anything better than the Santa cruz heckler frame for £899 around?

Hadge
    Free Member

No – get the Heckler 🙂

grantway
    Free Member

Maybe a second hand Orange 5 frame :mrgreen:

coogan
    Free Member

Heckler is a bit of a bargain for that price.

Bosh
    Free Member

Bought a heckler frame 6 weeks ago. Fantastic. Get one.

si-wilson
    Free Member

From tomorrow we are dropping the prices of the Chumba Vf2 and XCl frames. The XCL frames will now be £899 and the VF2 £1099. Both have 5″ travel, the Vf2 has a carbon fibre rear end and hydroformed main frame, whilst the XCL is a more classic looking frame.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/93388219@N00/3575858525/]White Chumba VF2[/url] by srbwilson, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/93388219@N00/4565717450/]003[/url] by srbwilson, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/93388219@N00/3432282038/]025[/url] by srbwilson, on Flickr

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Get a Cove Hustler at CRC for much cheapness, end of thread!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Heckler…

juiced
    Free Member

heckler.

Fishbone
    Free Member

si_progressivebikes what would make the Chumba a better buy than the Heckler. I do like the look of the Chumbas but the Heckler is so highly rated?
    As for 2nd hand Orange 5 frames seem to be a lit bit overpriced?

si-wilson
    Free Member

The Heckler is a classic and good frame, no mistake! The XCL is also a classic bike and has had many good reviews in its life, mainly over in the US as Chumba have not had much history here in the UK.

haggis1978

Heckler here as well. Never heard of Chumba and i’ve been (proper) biking for 17 years and like to think i’m a worldly kind of guy knowing plenty of obscure brands from the US 😕

Ever thought of going to a demo day? its said that a good way to buy. My mate tried a Lapierre and thought it was awful at a demo day and they are supposedly great bikes. So i guess the lesson there is that its not what gets great reviews but what suits you

cooie

While Chumba aren’t as well known as Santa Cruz, I wouldn’t call them obscure.

chakaping
    Free Member

You could get one of these and sell the bits you don’t want…

Discounted Zesty 214

That’s what I did. Great frame.

si-wilson
    Free Member

haggis1978, Chumba have been around longer than you have been biking 🙂 I have not been doing my job well enough for you not to have heard of the brand 😉

Ted Tanouye, the original owner and frame builder for Chumba is a well respected figure over in the US for his work.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We still have some Helius CC frames on offer. A little more than the Heckler but you’re getting Nicolai build quality and 4 bar Horst Link suspension.

130mm rear, up to 140mm fork on the front.

grantway
    Free Member

Heckler wheighs a ton for what it is

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

buy my new merida transmission 400d 😉

only 20ish rides long to work 😉

brakes arent even bedded it yet

£700 complete

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Are there any good deals on 5-5" full sus frames?’ is closed to new replies.