Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • are all niche bikes ridden by tall skinny freaks?
  • bobbyspangles

seems that when i see a 29/rigid/ss/Tijones/tandem etc. the afor mentioned atrocity is mounted by a lean, clean looking chap with too much leg length and an air of retentivness around the house.

i this a requirement of your nich or, being a normal well adjusted person, can i ride one too?

clubber
    Free Member

Tall yes, skinny no.

Maybe I'll magically get skinny once my new 29er's built up. I can live in hope 😉

Actually probably not – it's not really properly niche as it'll have gears/suspension

yunki
    Free Member

I ride a rigid bike with funny bars and I'm under average height, I haven't been skinny for a few years now and I'm getting fatter by the day..

My mate rides rigid SS and he's definitely a fat bloke.

TooTall
    Free Member

I'm a tall lardy type so no – racing and snake are not words put together when describing me.

sambob
    Free Member

im not that tall at 6ft, but i am quite skinny at 10 stone, but i have a mass produced taiwanese 100mm hardtail so not very niche at all.

glenh
    Free Member

It's because short fat people need gears and suspension to compensate for their lack of physical prowess 😉

MicArms

You've obviously never met Sheldona the wok smuggler then have you?

epicyclo

I'd spoil the stereotype if I posted a pic, so I won't 🙂

but I race in sandals, will that do?

ton

😆

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Its not niche if anyone can ride em.

tazzymtb

I'm short (well compared to most big wheel riders) and bald look like a tattooed hooligan if that helps dispel the lean,clean myth 😀

You mention normal and well adjusted , I couldn't think of a better way to describe myself, so of course you can ride a funny bike

yunki
    Free Member

tattooed hooligan here too… and probably also swarthy and surly if I'm honest

miketually
    Free Member

5'11" and a smidge under 12 stone.

My wife picked me up from SSUK last year at Dalby. She commented on the fact that there were a lot of people there who looked a lot like me.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

They don't make niche bikes for fat, little people. Fact

tazzymtb

you can't say that! it's discriminatory against tubby midgets.

Shame on you nunuboogie!

clubber
    Free Member

False. Once again, I refer the gentleman to SheldonA of this paris 😉

tazzymtb

clubber, he rides a mango towel rail, that's in a niche all of it's own just for him 😀

singlespeedstu

The only requirement for owning a niche bike is that you know someone that knows someone that once met woksmuggler Don.

clubber
    Free Member

It is a nice looking towel rail though. Even if the wheels are the wrong size.

tazzymtb

Actually I'm not niche in the slightest (other than by singlespeedstu's definition) so I'll leave you weirdo's to it and retire to my fluffy normal world of proper bicycles made by nice non beardywierdy people.

You lot should be locked up or something, or at least made to gather a few times a year in specific locations to make the trails safe/less scary for other users

Chevin
    Free Member

I've been described as tall, but never skinny…..I quiet like that!
    😆
    Matthew

FivebarG
    Free Member

tommid
    Free Member

I note a sense of jealousey in Bobbyspangles words. Maybe he is so short he couldn't swing his leg over a 29er.
    I'm niche at 6'3 and 17 stone, far from skinny, but neither am I fat. Don't really think of myself as tall either.

bobbyspangles

i like to dream that it is like olden' times when knights of yore rode fine majestic stallions and conquered maidens while the swarthy, stump legged smithys' created their armour and lances.

or some sh1t like that.

ride hard

rOcKeTdOg

lean, clean looking chap

ha ha ha ha ha! 😀

just the opposite here!

sheldona
    Free Member

??? I don't even ride a 29er so **** off the lot of ya.

yunki
    Free Member

swarthy, stump legged smithys

I resemble resent that remark

OCB
    Free Member

6ft, 11.5 stone'ish – which sound pretty normal to me (ok, it is normal to *me* of course, but it's pretty average I'd guess).

I'd probably save that .5 stone if I shaved tho' (with it being niche an' all).

😉

monkeychild
    Free Member

I want a 29er but fightimg between 5'7" anf 5'8" i may look ridiculous

rOcKeTdOg

I know people shorter than that riding mansize wheels

MrSmith
    Free Member

most (not all) of the downhillers i know are fat.
    i guess the uplifts and burger van suits their lifestyle plus the baggy clothing hides the fat gut. it's an obvious sport them.

miketually
    Free Member

??? I don't even ride a 29er so **** off the lot of ya.

You had it taken off you for not being tall and thin enough.

bobbyspangles

i am on the diminutive side, so will never know the joy of a grown up bike.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Tall (6"4) check

Skinny (12 1/2 stone) check

Rigid 1×9 29er check

Mad skillz of gnar …still missing. 🙂

I'd go single speed but I can't grow a beard. 🙄

thekingofsweden

I can confirm that being tall and lean has nothing to do with the bikes you first mentioned.

I actually thought it was a personal attack on SSS ' tho he does a wonderful lean …………… On the bar !

;-)))

mboy
    Free Member

5ft 11 and 12 1/2 stone here, so am neither tall nor particularly skinny (though I used to be bloody skinny!).

Mind you, suppose that despite owning a 29er, it does have gears and suspension, so it's pretty far from niche to be fair…

Houns

You haven't met SSS,Sheldon,and RD have you?

*runs off giggling*

*Stops and sobs as they all can ride a bike better than me 😥 *

andy7t2
    Free Member

too many tall people on 29 rigid ss so not niche anymore. The new niche is apollo bikes with a can of special brew in your bottle holder and the word mum stamped below your left ear. Get with the times boys

rOcKeTdOg

oi, Houns! ride a bike better?, you gotta be joking!

a pic that proves the OP wrong, from tonight, beard just out of view though

bobbyspangles

you look quite clean there young man.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘are all niche bikes ridden by tall skinny freaks?’ is closed to new replies.