Home Forums Chat Forum Apple Pencil – Alternatives?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Apple Pencil – Alternatives?
  • letmetalktomark

Morning Folks,

I have a Gen 6 iPad that I have started using more for marking things up. Nothing work related more for musing over plans.

A pen/stylus would be helpful.

I am happy going with the Apple Pencil but as I won’t be using it for anything “fine” I wondered if an alternative may suffice.

Any recommendations?

Drac

There is no alternative there are inferior products. Look on eBay sometimes bargains pop up.

simon_g

Logitech Crayon is good. Lacks some of the pressure sensitivity so not as good for sketching but fine for writing and markup.

I ended up with a secondhand Apple Pencil though, mostly because all the cases are designed for those.

maccruiskeen

yup – the pencil is an integrated system with the screen. Anything else is just a narrower version of your finger really.

The pencil works really well and works especially well if you put a matt screen protector on the screen making the surface less slippery. If you’re not averse to the pencil then theres not anything else as good or better that you’re missing out on

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Can’t help with alternatives as only have used an Apple Pencil, but here’s something about alternatives. Palm-rejection tech is something you’ll presumably be looking for? Logitech Crayon looks interesting.

https://www.creativebloq.com/buying-guides/best-apple-pencil-alternatives

letmetalktomark

Thanks folks.

I had spotted the Logitech Crayon but that is getting quite close to the Apple Pencil.

@MR – Yes I would be wanting palm rejection that a few do appear to offer.

I think I will plump for an Apple Pencil.

Thanks again.

M

big_scot_nanny

The pencil works really well and works especially well if you put a matt screen protector on the screen making the surface less slippery.

Long time ‘Paperlike’ user here. Was V1 kickstarter backer, and also V2. V2 is quite a big step forward, really strongly recommend (but I do a lot of note taking, so the ‘feel’ is important to me).

https://paperlike.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Apple Pencil – Alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.