Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone with Virgin HD and annoyed?
  • Telemaster18
    Free Member

Just got my new Virgin HD + box. Got XL pack so all channels with setanta sports 🙂 and sky sports :). However I wont be able to get Sky sports HD or any other channels than BBC HD!! And…. I can’t get the red button services on sky sports. A bit rubbish. My mate with sky and the sports and HD package is a little smug but maybe a little worse off on the pocket. Anyone any insight into when we lowly cable customers may be getting said services.

WTF
    Free Member

Save your dosh and buy a dreambox.

HTH

zaskar
    Free Member

Save your dosh and get a life…

Just kidding. Complain to Virgin?

Drac

Anyone any insight into when we lowly cable customers may be getting said services.

Because Sky want HD for their customers.

Jamie
    Free Member

My dad, against my advice, got VirginHD box in November. He was told by Virgin that they would have all the HD channels by the end of the year. Never happened. He rang them in February, apparently they were coming soon.

My dad has now got a SKY+ HD box.

Oxboy
    Free Member

I thought that people in the know got Virgin HD for free? . . . nothing more smug than that!

prettygreenparrot

Virgin are good on promise and eventually deliver. I did wait about 4 years for them to deliver broadband though (well, nynex/ntl/virgin in sequence). So, if you are desperate for HD, get that sky box now, give murdoch your money directly and get watching.

The broadcast HD options are very poor indeed. The on demand HD is OK. I like that the box upscales OK and that it can record 2 channels whilst watching a third. I never realized how handy that would be until I ‘needed’ it.

It is fairly priced though, if you keep asking (www.moneysavingexpert.com).

richcc
    Free Member

Apart from the HD stuff, are there any reasons not to go for Virgin package? My father in law has been looking at it to save money instead of Sky. Does it offer all or most of the channels he gets free on his sky?

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I do like virgin. The internet is second to none in my opinion. I will hang on for better HD service. Just thought somebody might know more about when we’ll get it. And the box is better than sky’s as you can, as you say, record 2 and watch a third and the upscalling is better. Sky aren’t stupid though are they?!

takisawa2

Apart from the HD stuff, are there any reasons not to go for Virgin package? My father in law has been looking at it to save money instead of Sky. Does it offer all or most of the channels he gets free on his sky?

We’ve the basic VM TV package. Not sure what free stuff Sky give you but you get whatever is on Freeview with the bonus of BBC iPlayer, & e pretty decent on-demend service for a few other channels. Oh, & in my opinion the picture quality on our Sony CRT TV is better than I’ve seen on many LCD TV’s.

clubber
    Free Member

free virgin hd box for me too in addition to the original box. The variety of hd channels is poor but the v+ box itself is great.

CountZero

Sure you might be able to record two programmes while watching a third, but that’s purely because Virgin is a cable/ fiber optic service. Which presupposes you actually live somewhere that has those services available. For those of use who live outside of major urban centers that leaves us with Sky. Which I’m more than happy with, especially now FX have their own HD channel, and I’ll soon have access to the coding which will give me ITV HD as well. Virgin can get stuffed.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I couldn’t get Sky in my flat cos the d**k head engineers wouldn’t install it. They said that the dish had to be on the other side to where my TV was and you couldn’t get the cable through the house. Even though nextdoor have it in exactly the situation. Didn’t wanna help.
    Oh and a previous comment about those in the know get virgin for free; what does that entail?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with Virgin HD and annoyed?’ is closed to new replies.