Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Anyone wearing the On-one flat shoes
  • thejesmonddingo

Looking for a pair of reasonably priced flat shoes for the bike,found these On-one Vulcan shoes or these trail shoes and wondered if anyone had tried them yet?

Poopscoop

Ha! Never seen those before. I’d like to know what they are like too.👍

joebristol

Looks ok that – especially for £35!

brant
    Free Member

Just landed in the warehouse this week.

jkomo

They look good.

thejesmonddingo

You tried them Brant? I’d rather not be an unpaid beta tester,too many bad experiences with software,never mind hardware.

iamanobody
    Free Member

Are they sized properly or do we need round feet like a dairylee box (ref the football head shaped enduro helmet)

maccruiskeen

They are things of great beauty. Just looking at them makes me want to upgrade to business class.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Just looking at them makes me want to upgrade to business class.

I took one look and though they are exactly what CFH will be wearing in the easyJet check in queue if he should ever fall on hard times😂

wzzzz
    Free Member

They look, um, practical. Actually well thought out with few seams and minimal water entry.

The SPD trail shoe though….. any plans for a velcro version? Sole look reasonable, nice price.

Laces have no place on a trail shoe. Hate having to stop to redo the laces, and hate picking them undone covered in mud or with frozen fingers.

trumpton
    Free Member

they look great. Might get a pair myself as five tens are expensive.

weeksy

Ordering a pair today along with some pedals.

rossburton
    Free Member

If only they went a little smaller: I’m trying to find some riding shoes for my son who is somewhere between size 5 and 6 right now. The smallest those come in is a 7.

weeksy

If you’re not in a rush ross i’ll have a set of 5tens coming up for sale in a 6 in about 2-3 months time.

rickonwheels
    Free Member

If anyone tries the trail shoe on flat pedals (i.e. with that blanking plate in place) and they aren’t terrible, please let me know.

I want some cheap mtb shoes with pushing-bike-up-a-muddy-hill capable tread, but don’t use SPD’s/other name for clips which aren’t clips apparently only use flats.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I want some cheap mtb shoes with pushing-bike-up-a-muddy-hill capable tread, but only use flats.

Why not just use some walking boots/shoes?

stanfree
    Free Member

They look fine for the price but the sole looks very similiar to the Scott FR10 which I bought from start cycles for about £30. They are in no way a 5.10 equivalent , good looking but the sole has nowhere near the grip . The Scotts are ok for a quick local spin but I doubt you would want to be thrashing down techy trails on long uplift days. Id imagine a pair of leather vans would probabky be better. Still worth a pop for £35.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ll hang on ’til they’re a tenner a pair.

willard

I should _not_ have followed that link and visited the PX website. I need none of the things that they sell. Nope, none of them… Apart from maybe new handlebars for the commuter and a saddlebag for when I don’t want to take a rucksack and socks and….

Dammit.

brant
    Free Member

Cough.

AFX

😉

rickonwheels
    Free Member

Why not just use some walking boots/shoes?

I’ve done that in the past with some merrell walking shoes, the soles were a bit too flexible for my liking – I will try my current walking boots though (cycling in boots? a brave new world!)

Northwind

They look pretty decent- I had an ancient pair of Vans that had a really similar dotty sole and it worked brilliantly on pedal pins, even though the rubber wasn’t that sticky

trumpton
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Etnes skate boots that stick to pedals very well and do not have a sticky rubber sole. I think I may find five tens too grippy.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My first proper set of flat pedal shoes (after some too flexy vans skatebaord shoes) were some Element’s which actually had a really hard outer sole over an (EVA?) mid sole. Which was great as they were nicely stiff even if the construction was more like what you get on a running shoe. Stuck like poop to fleece, but then I was using mk2 burgtech pedals which had M3 screws for pins, so anything would!

I think the 5.10 stealth rubber is over hyped somewhat. Yes it’s good, but what you really need is something flat-ish with just enough give to conform to the pins. And plenty of brands have managed that either by compound choice or construction (how many BMX’ers wear 5.10’s?).

wombat

For sizing, if I go for the same as my 5-10 impacts would that be right?

Poopscoop

^^ In truth no-one knows yet mate.

hainman
    Free Member

They look kinda similar to the Spesh F20 shoes
    Which were ok for winter

jamesoz

Hmm, I’m down to my last 3 pairs of usable flat shoes. Payday soon.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No but the high heels are great

epicyclo

wzzzz

Laces have no place on a trail shoe. Hate having to stop to redo the laces…

Tie them like an old-time cyclist.

The knot to be on the outside part of the foot, not the centre, then tuck the loops under the laces about 2 or 3 holes down.

They never come loose if you do that.

That doesn’t help with the mud or cold though. 🙂

asbrooks

@Brant, where AFX shoes not selling with the yellow detailing? Just interested why yellow?

trumpton
    Free Member

So I’ve ordered a pair now. Looking forwards to getting them. Thought I’d grab a pair before they run out of stock.

control67
    Free Member

I’ve also ordered a pair, hopefully they size up in line with vans etc. I’ve also grabbed a new smorgasbord for my rear tyre as the Ikon on my bike at the moment was slipperier than a lubed up Piers Morgan at Shalford DH today

trumpton
    Free Member

I hope they size up like vans too.

asbrooks

I’d be interested how they size up too. Some feedback please..

They look very similar to my Spesh F20 shoes, which at size 10 for my size 10 feet are a tad tight around the toe box.

control67
    Free Member

Righto, they arrived this afternoon and I’ve been struggling with tyres so I haven’t had a chance to wear them in anger yet, but so far…

I wear an 11 in most shoes and trainers (Vans, Nike, etc.) but sometimes I’ll be a 10 if the shoe is wider fit (Loake, Caterpillar). I am definitely an 11 in these, the fit feels very similar to Vans.

They look a little less orthotic in the flesh, the inner edge of the collar is nicely padded so should protect the ankle a bit from impact and the tongue had a neat little elastic strap across it that could be used to tuck the ends of the laces if they were long enough.

I’ve worn them around the house and for driving and they are comfortable enough for that, the sole is stiff enough for riding, but flexible enough to walk. A quick stand on the pedals and they feel stable and secure on the pins.

DezB
    Free Member

The flats look ok, but those Trail spds look rather special.

thejesmonddingo

Mine arrived about 30 minutes ago,fit ok,sole and lace bungee remind me of my Adidas Trail Cross SL,the uppers are OK,won’t get out on the bike until tomorrow,update then.

bikerevivesheffield

Has anyone bought any who wear size 45 fiveten free riders? If so what size did you order?

trumpton
    Free Member

mine arrived and they seem to fit nicely I think. Sizing is similar to vans and they are finished in orange not yellow like I think the pics had. Not ridden in them yet. Bit concerned the inner padding will rub away on the crank but I doubt it. Soles are sticky when placed on a work surface. Seem stiff enough.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Anyone wearing the On-one flat shoes’ is closed to new replies.