Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone running Rubber Queen black chilli rear?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Currently running RQ front and MKII rear both black chilli, where I ride the RQ is superb but the consensus of opinion is exactly what I run was wondering if anyone running RQ black chilli fr and rear, opinion ref traction and grip appreciated.

banks
    Free Member

It’s really good. Very hard to slide the back end out as it just sticks like the proverbial

ruscle
    Free Member

As above, always run RQ 2.2 ust front and back all year round.

RustyMac

I have a Rubber Queen black chili front and rear on my full sus. I like them alot, I have a high roller and a aardent on my hard tail and i get on fine with them but just prefer the rubber queens.

chiefgrooveguru

I was just asking about running RQ 2.2 UST BC F/R or Baron 2.3 UST front / RQ rear, over here: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rubber-queens-or-barons/page/2

Currently running RQ front / X-King 2.4 Protection BC rear. Really like how the X-King behaves in terms of rolling and cornering (very progressive grip, lots of feedback), surprisingly good for climbing traction, just short of braking grip in the wet and the exposed carcass gets cut up by flints.

I like the front to stick and the rear to always drift first, though maybe my improved technique will get that with RQ front and rear?

fudge9202
    Free Member

If I run RQ rear need to find a place that does them cheap, anyone know any deals on the black chilli version

nickdavies

I run RQ 2.2 BC’s front and rear, great setup tried quite a few others but really like these.
    Approx £70 a pair from bike-discount.de converted from €.

alpin
    Free Member

i used to run BC RQs both front and back when i got the tyres for free (was guiding at the time), but have since moved on (or back?) to HRs (although this time HR2) as i found the sidewalls of the RQ were prone to ripping/tearing on the rocks.

they are however a good tyre for loamy soil, but alas there isn’t much of that where i ride.

landcruiser
    Free Member

Rubber Queens have changed immensely over time I have purchased 2.2 RQ’s UST at a few different time points… The tyres have varied a lot in their construction. My originals were quite robust , then the next pair (maybe 12-18 months ago) were noticeably thinner and lighter, however just kept puncturing and were very susceptible to getting cut, in fact the front one got slashed on its maiden voyage . Anyway, fed up with this I have recently got some more, these feel heavier and more solid and have been great so far…..

ruscle
    Free Member

Just got a pair of 2.2 ust’s from bike discounts in Germany, cost £79 with delivery. They only weighed 700g and 730g and look very slightly smaller than my old set both in width and how tall they are.

sonofapitch
    Free Member

If you climb on Tarmac it sounds like the tread is ripping off.
    GREAT TYRE but Not a great all rounder IMO

fudge9202
    Free Member

sonofapitch noticed you recently sold yours out of curiousity what did you go to

sonofapitch
    Free Member

I’ve gone back to 2.25 ardent rear and 2.5 sp Minion front.
    Will be running 2.3 Purg/butcher controls when they come into the country.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Do you ride kitter litter trails centre stuff or natural stuff like most of the trails here in Ireland

sonofapitch
    Free Member

Quantocks(natural)and South Wales trail centres mostly with the odd uplift.

fudge9202
    Free Member

How was the RQ on the natural stuff

sonofapitch
    Free Member

In general they are awesome tyres if you only ride on dirt.
    But if you ride Tarmac to or from a trail then they will wear out
    Great offroad, too soft for the road, Expensive

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running Rubber Queen black chilli rear?’ is closed to new replies.