Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone ridden (mtb or road) in Sardinia?
  • tomc
    Free Member

The family are headed to Sardinia for a week this summer.

Thinking I might rent a bike whilst the wife and kids laze by the pool.

Anyone rented bikes in Sardinia and care to recommend anywhere / tell me where to avoid etc etc. Happy enough riding road or MTB really.

ononeorange

Yes.

We took our own so no idea about renting there. We rode across the island from the mid-western coast over to the east – riding was amazing and well recommended. Can’t offer more than that, I’m afraid.

geoffj

Have a shufty here – http://www.peteranne.it

beej

Where in Sardinia? It’s 270km x 145km.

Skedaddle Italia (related to Saddle Skedaddle) do a whole load of Sardinia trips – you could get in touch via Saddle Skedaddle and they might be able to help you out – they have a stock of bikes they use for their trips.

I’ve done a couple of MTB trips over there, great riding (if you know where to go).

crazy-legs

Done a fair bit of road riding over there. Personally I reckon it’s better than Majorca, can’t understand why it seems so quiet though.

Most of what I’ve done has been based around Alghero and there’s a good mix from flattish coastal roads to some big old mountains if you head inland.
    Road surfaces are very good except in towns where they’re largely shit.

Not much traffic either – or at least, there wasn’t last time I was there. Most of it very considerate towards cyclists too.

spacemonkey

Most of what I’ve done has been based around Alghero

Same here. Lovely coastal sections + some fairly arid semi-desolate hilly areas inland. Gets pretty hot at times too, but without the humidity. Cheap food an’ all, some of which is bl00dy good 🙂

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

We stayed and rented bikes from Cala Gonone, after a bit of touring around. We decided to stop there for a week, has a chilled-out atmosphere, and seems to be a bit of a climbing/hiking/biking hotspot.

footflaps

Contact Saddle Skedaddle, they do guided trips out there as well as self guided, where they book accom and provide GPS routes to follow. Their Sardinian bunch are really nice, been riding with them for years.

ononeorange

Ps we did ours with skedaddle. Plus lots for them.

tomc
    Free Member

Thanks all. Very helpful. Lookin fwd to it.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i know its a bit off topic but i just got back from corsica and god i wish id taken a bike……any of them. although i probably wouldve had to sell it since it was so expensive there

PeterHerold
    Free Member

The family are headed to Sardinia for a week this summer. Thinking I might rent a bike whilst the wife and kids laze by the pool.
    Anyone rented bikes in Sardinia and care to recommend anywhere / tell me where to avoid etc etc. Happy enough riding road or MTB really.

Have a shufty here – http://www.peteranne.it
    Drop me a line at peteranne@peteranne.it telling me where you are staying and I will send you a list of who hires bikes there and suggestions for routes. I go riding a lot with people who don’t stay with us if they like technical MTBing, like Thomas last Monday (he’s from Vienna, so that first and last slides of the vid are in German) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBjqHWCx2U0
    cheers Peter

bikebouy
    Free Member

Used to take my Roadie to Porto Cervo when I used to do some big sailing events out there. The roads up on the North Shore are pretty good and smooth but get up into the hills and they soon turn to rough singletrack pot hole strewn gravel, which is actually most excellent.
    I love the place.
    No idea if you can hire bikes, never needed to do that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden (mtb or road) in Sardinia?’ is closed to new replies.