Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Anyone lost interest in the F1 with it not having a regular slot on the beeb.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Not got into it this year because its not on the tellybox properly. Is it just me.?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Sky coverage is excellent, even better than bbc. HD subscription well worth it, esp since I got mine for free!

stumpy01

Can’t speak for everyone else, but I quite like the mix of full coverage & highlights.

The full coverage let’s you get properly into it, while the highlight shows don’t mess around and just get straight on with it.

Was gutted when I first heard half the races were going to Sky, but in actual fact I think it’s fine…

andytherocketeer

watch it for free on RTL.
    audio on R5L(SX)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No NW I feel the same!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

HD subscription well worth it,

Unlikely

chiefgrooveguru

Not just you…

nick1962
    Free Member

People are interested in F1 😯 !!

andytherocketeer

did lose interest in MotoGP though. prolly due to the lack of field, and the exodus to superbikes.

donsimon
    Free Member

The biggest pain is avoiding the result until the highlights come on.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Do you have the HD Mike?

andyl
    Free Member

if it’s live I will watch it and enjoy knowing it is live.

when it’s not on I wont bother watching the highlights as it’s just not the same.

Poor move IMO. You can find it live online though I believe.

stumpy01

Yeah, Don Simon. Trying to avoid the result is very difficult. I normally manage it, but every now & again i’ll forget, look on Friendstream on my phone & there is always someone (normally one of two people) who will have made a comment on either a crucial moment in the race (something like “can’t believe x has just crashed into y) or just a plain reporting of the result.

I did comment previously & ask them to try to refrain from doing it but pretty much got told to get bent, as what did I expect to read on a social media stream….

Dibbs
    Free Member

I liked the BBC coverage and was expecting the worse from Sky but I’ve been quite impressed. Trouble is, if Sky go by their usual game plan it’ll be a subscription channel next year or the year after 😕

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I was really disappointed when BBC decided not to carry on with F1, but Sky have been excellent so far.
    The channel devoted to it is great. I haven’t watched BBC coverage once this year, despite loving it last year.
    Crofty and Brundle are just perfect together as commentators.

For me, it would be really crap just to watch the highlights every other race.

the-muffin-man

I agree with FeeFoo – Sky’s coverage has been a lot better than I thought it would be. I’ve briefly flicked back to the beebs live races, but their coverage now seems a bit childish.

jfletch
    Free Member

I like the highlights. Takes the pressure off to watch 4hrs every 2 weeks. Like today the womens road race meant I chose that over the F1 on sky followed by the highlights.

donsimon
    Free Member

I did comment previously & ask them to try to refrain from doing it but pretty much got told to get bent, as what did I expect to read on a social media stream….

I’ve tried that, but as one of the people I follow on Twitter is Fernando Alonso I sometimes feel the request is falling on deaf ears. 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

nick1962 – Member
    People are interested in F1 !!

You were interested enough to open this thread and then post on it.

PrinceJohn

Not got into it this year because its not on the tellybox properly. Is it just me.?

Yup – although having almost fallen asleep during today’s highlights I don’t think I missed much today!

What annoys me most about it is there is a real possibility later in the season of missing the world champion being crowned.

The other annoyance is after all the hype last year about the new track in Austin it’s not going to be live so it’s either going to be a super late Sunday to see it, or try & avoid the results all day Monday to watch on iplayer in the evening.

There’s no way I’m paying Sky for it.

brakes
    Free Member

very much so, I didn’t even realise there was a race today…

logical
    Free Member

No still feel the same. Sky coverage is second to none. Made all the more sweeter by the fact I don’t pay full prIce for it. 😉 perks of the old job.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I was only ever a casual viewer… but usually followed F1 most seasons. This year I just haven’t really bothered. The lack of free to air coverage has killed it for me, and I refuse to pay for Sky.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Not lost interest here, not one bit.

timidwheeler

The biggest pain is avoiding the result until the highlights come on.

The BBC website is the worst. I logged in to check the weather and it flashed up the result in a banner along the top.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

True – I have to avoid my phone and computer and radio in the car all bloody day waiting for highlights.

landcruiser
    Free Member

I think the op means for those that now have to survive on the fairly meager offerings available on the beeb. Obviously those that have SKY F1 HD 3D ! and the like are not having the same reduced experience.

So yes ! Is my answer.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I refused to pay for SkyF1 but still enjoying it the same as ever.

donsimon
    Free Member

I refused to pay for SkyF1 but still enjoying it the same as ever.

Hopefully this will have some kind of negative effect on F1 revenues and it will return to terrestrial TV.

coogan
    Free Member

Sky Sports was free last weekend and I watched it on Sky, was fine, but felt like they were over analysing everything. Found it all a bit boring having a whole channel for it. Didn’t watch all the practise sessions, have no interest in watching all that. And while I’m having a grumble, Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert were a bit crap too.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah I watched the free one too – didn’t make me decide to buy it though – crap marketing 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

I tried the RTL/R5 Live Extra route today. Couldn’t connect to R5 during the race at all and when I watched Quali this way yesterday, the radio was 20 seconds ahead of the telly…. 🙁

Not ideal but free.

thepurist

I’ve been an F1 fan since the early 80s – think the first time I went to F1 was in 81 at Silverstone, back when Woodcote had recently turned from a corner into a chicane. TV coverage then was laughably poor with 40 minute (if we were lucky) highlights shoehorned into the BBC2 schedule at midnight on a Sunday and no coverage of practice, and any ‘live’ race interrupted by them switching to pro-celebrity tiddlywinks from Bognor.

I was gutted when the Beeb announced their deal with Sky as I cannot justify spending that much (extra) on watching TV, so I’m back to watching the highlights. It’s not the end of the world – I can avoid the result without too much bother and can do stuff on Sunday afternoons rather than sit in front of the telly. If you’re a proper technical fan of the sport then the in depth coverage available from the web these days is far more than the janet & john explanations that the TV shows can give, and all that punditry is just hot air.

IMO the only real thing you miss from a live show is the spontaneous interview moments if anyone actually manages to nail down a key person to say something interesting, but once again most of the drivers & team bosses are tuned to PR speak rather than give real responses.

So in short – nope, not lost a bit of interest because the TV coverage of the race is just one small part of my overall interest in F1.

boltonjon

Totally – i can relate to Brakes – i didn’t even know that there was a race on this weekend

Before this year, i’d not missed a race in 3 or 4 years

Now i see the result and then watch the race on I-player

I’ve very much lost interest!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

TheFunkyMonkey – Member
    Do you have the HD Mike?

Nope, the basic sky package is a hell of a rip off. Anyway still free to air here in Oz just on later.

retro83
    Free Member

I just find a stream from spain or wherever and play it with the radio 5 commentary. Sky can smell my cheese.

andytherocketeer

as I cannot justify spending that much (extra) on watching TV

That^^ pretty much.
    I had Sky, and was basically not watching anything on subscription channels (just the odd bit of Mythbusters or QI on Dave whilst channel hopping), so cancelled.
    Would have been about £60-70 per race to continue the sub just to watch F1 (OK maybe I could halve that by ditching some packages, but that’s still a ripoff).
    So I’ll watch RTL and BBC for free until it’s all sub-only.

richmtb

Sky’s coverage is excellent, if anything I’m more into F1 this year than the year before

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Who won?

Pook

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

Hamilton.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Anyone lost interest in the F1 with it not having a regular slot on the beeb.?’ is closed to new replies.