Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone know any good CNC or machinists
  • woody74

Does anyone know of any one good who carries out CNC or machining. Need to get some aluminium parts made, sorry not bike related. Preferably in UK

takisawa2

I deal with a firm in Tamworth.
    Never had an issue with them.
    Not aviation quality, but I always get good service, delivery & cost.
    I’ve used a few more further afield.
    You need to be more specific though, type of machining/tolerances/qty etc.
    Drop me an email if you want more info.

stumpy01

Whereabouts are you based?
    And as above some more details would be useful.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I have access to a flatbed router, any good to you? what is it that your after?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I live near a cash’n’carry?

Simwit

As above, whereabouts are you? I deal with a very good guy in Fleet, Hampshire if it’s small batch stuff.

woody74

I am based in Bristol but location is not really an issue as happy to use people further field. I need some aluminium HE30 parts made each one being 150mm in diameter and 40mm thick. So looking for some CNC turning and multi axis milling. Need about 100 parts made as a first batch and then increasing to around 500. So pretty smallish job. Tolerances don’t need to be great +- 0.5mm. The problem with Bristol and the South Wes is most CNC companies are making aircraft quality parts so costs are really high.

I’ll drop some of you an email

nickjb
    Free Member

Try DS machining just outside Yate or KM engineering in Bristol

julioflo
    Free Member

Best company for price and volume I have used [in Devon] is UK Precision in Exeter

woody74

I’ll give all those guys a ring and see what they say
    Thanks

stumpy01

Give Steve at MS Engineering a ring.

http://www.msengineering.org.uk/index.htm

Every time I’ve had to get a variety of quotes, MS have always been the most competitive & done a good job too.

thomthumb
    Free Member

http://www.hillcresteng.co.uk/

used these guys in the past. good service.

swavis

Hi, sounds right up our companys street.
    Drop my boss an e-mail at, graham @ standfast-engineering dot com and he’d be happy to have a look
    We normally do a lot of oil industry based stuff but a lot of it is prototype and small batch work. We mainly work with stainless steels and Aluminium so material shouldn’t be a problem.
    HTH

richmars

Try this lot:
    http://www.protolabs.co.uk/?s=PM
    Nice thing is you can get an online quote (just upload a cad model) I’ve used them a few times for plastic parts, and seem ok.
    Maybe better for smaller numbers if you need 100’s.

mmb
    Free Member

hi, i am a manufacturing engineer based in poole dorset and my employer bailey wareham does exactly the kind of work you need done, we have 3 cnc mills and 5 lathes, have given your e-mail addy to my superiors so you may get an e-mail shortly, hope that helps you!.

woody74

Wow thanks guys for all the responses, I thought I would get one or two. A lot of these seem perfect and always good to go via recommendation

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know any good CNC or machinists’ is closed to new replies.