Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone know any bargains on 26" FS frames?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My lad’s looking for a full suss frame but he’s hard up, Any cheap deals come to mind on various sites?

grtdkad

Check Pauls Cycles. Bikescene, Mountain Trax as a starter for ten.

Good luck.

ajantom

How cheap is cheap? Is he looking for new or second hand? What type of riding does he do?

In the spirit of STW (i.e. recommend what you ride) There are a couple of good deals on DMR Bolts around.

Winstanleys have brand new frames for £700 (reduced from £900)
    …and Upgrade Bikes have a new, unridden frame with a small paint mark reduced to £499 – DMR Bolt frame ……now that is a bargain!

Northwind

A mate of mine is selling a Marin Wolfridge for buttons on Pinkbike just now… It’s well used and he’s convinced the frame is a little out of alignment (I’m not) but it’s a brilliant wee bike, 140mm but with the heart of a 160mm.

Ambrose

Northwind- can you give a link please? No 2 Boy is in exactly the same position.

Northwind
    Ambrose

What a shame- he needs a large not a medium. Oh well.

speedstar

Hi Ambrose,
    Can I ask how big your mate is? I am 6’2″ and have an XL Heckler frame i’m thinking of changing out for a HT. It’s a 2009 but got an RP23 on the back and has been excellent, just a bit too much for what i’m riding right now. Santa Cruz always come up a bit small FYI. Was thinking £400 for a piece of beauty!
    Speedstar

speedstar

Sorry just realised you said your lad! Anyway let us know.

VanHalen

140 for a bent frame with no shock is not ‘buttons’… In my opinion

Ambrose

Thanks, he’s 6’1″, but needs something a bit less than a Heckler. Plus he can barely stretch to £200 at the moment 🙁

nick1962
    Free Member

Has he had a look at the numerous bike sales groups on Facebook,plenty of stuff on there.
    Try here http://flatoutcycles.co.uk/frames/full-suspension

matt_outandabout

Get a HT?

nickdavies

Mods tell me off if this breaks the rules here but i’ve got a 19″ Large 07 stump jumper FSR sat around waiting for me to stick it up on classifieds – Birmingham & I was thinking £175 would let it go considering it’s just had a full bearing rebuild and shock service costing best parts of that.

Drop me a mail in my profile if interested.

1981miked
    Free Member

That Santacruz Nickel on flat out cycles looks a bargain! And it’s my size!

Moses

I’ve got a Litespeed Niota (in Al) which says its a medium but is more like a large- too big for me anyway. Recently serviced, but little used anyway. £180 including shock?
    Oi’m based in Bristol, but travel around a bit and can post.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Thanks for the answers folks, he’s about 5’6″ so probably needs a Small in anything.
    He has a HT which is ‘getting there’ as far as upgrades go. He’s fancying putting the good bits on a FS & using the HT with the original bits, for round the doors etc.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know any bargains on 26" FS frames?’ is closed to new replies.