Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Anyone else taken advantage of all the ‘only ridden once’ bikes around?
  • paulneenan76
    Free Member

I can’t get a decent stem, Renthal/Raceface stem with a 35mm clamp and a sub 40mm reach for much under new prices.

kerley
    Free Member

Bikes will always sell for less going into winter/during winter and then go up again in Spring. I tend to get my good deals in December and January. Does seem different now though as prices are not dropping and anything I watch is going for more than I think it is worth and more than it would have sold for last winter.

Guessing Binders lives in a very affluent area where people have no care about money.

binners

Guessing Binners lives in a very affluent area where people have no care about money.

Have you ever been to North Manchester/East Lancashire? ‘Very affluent area’ aren’t the first words that spring to mind when you look at places like Burnley, Oldham or Rochdale

My personal thinking is the opposite of that. Its an area with an extremely high population density and after only being out of lockdown for a total of 3 weeks since March, I’m guessing a lot of people are now in such serious financial strife that, as Christmas looms, they’re flogging bikes and anything else they can for as much as they can get for them.

If you think about it, I bet there was a lot of people happy to spank 800 quid on a new bike in March, who are now in a very different position, financially.

nstpaul

Just in case anyone is interested, the Specialized Turbo Kenovo mentioned up thread is actually located in Biggar not Dundee. Was interested in it myself and was messaging seller but too far away from me to travel.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else taken advantage of all the ‘only ridden once’ bikes around?’ is closed to new replies.