• This topic has 87 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by hugo.
Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Anyone else melting?
  • iainc

26 miles from home to and round some lovely tracks at the local Windfarm. Out at 10, back about 1230 by which time it was about 27 degrees. Bumped into a couple of older chaps early in the ride, on ebikes, who were keen to know the best route in and around so I gave them a tour. Just about bloody killed me and my HR was doing things the cardiologist says I’ve to avoid… it is only now back to something approaching normal !

I was on my Genesis Fugio, shoulda taken the ebike too !

kcal

@crazy-legs – I recall doing a handful of Munros by Crianlairich with @donald, weather was stonking so it was a full day of heather bashing. On the way back, roasting hot, passed a low capacity burn gurgling past. Were both down to t shirts and shorts anyway, t shirts off, lying face up in 1′ of tepid water, magic. Then some other walkers headed past, rather quickly I thought.

MrOvershoot

Main job today was changing a large motor in the blower room, which is pretty warm in the middle of winter.
    Took the thermographic camera in and the 12 blowers in there were all over 80C 😮
    3 hours later in full PPE & masks we were finished and I mean finished!

All my clothes were sodden and my eyes sting from the sweat dripping in them, to cap it all i’m on call this week 🙁

Jakester
    Free Member

Ah, after a scorching morning, the heat has broken and we’re at a balmy 25deg. Perfect.

reluctantjumper

Got out early today as it was overcast with a bit of wind. Still very muggy but comfortable enough on the bike. Been back an hour now and the cloud has gone so the temperature is rising up again.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I had a moment of inspiration this morning, after two days of insane heat… I set up my Honeywell E900(?) turbo fan by the pc! 😆

globalti
    Free Member

Has anybody installed a split AC in the upstairs landing so as to cool the whole house? With decent insulation and DG windows I reckon it ought to work pretty well.

hugo
    Free Member

I live in a hot country so split ACs in every room. In fact our open plan area has four!

My experience is that they generally only work properly for the immediate area they’re actually in. Don’t expect satellite rooms to be cooled (without making the hall a fridge and still not great) or even a larger open plan to be uniform. The cool area doesn’t really spread out much unless you get a fan involved.

Best to pick a living space, eg an open plan living room or kitchen diner and have this as the cool space. Basically, you’ll end up with a lovely cool landing and an OK hallway. Probs not the priority!

Works surprisingly well with a curtain across and open door to outside if you want kids coming in and out. If that makes sense.

If sleeping is the issue then it’s tricker. Making sure the room, and everything in it, doesn’t heat up during the day helps. Doors, curtains, windows closed. Then open windows at night with a fan to get cool air in and give a breeze.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else melting?’ is closed to new replies.