• This topic has 87 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by hugo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Anyone else melting?
  • Jakester
    Free Member

Working in the spare room, which is the most modern part of the house (was done 2006-ish by previous owners) and therefore the most insulated.

As such, I am properly sweltering in here – a toasty 27deg with the windows open for airflow and blinds all down. Fan going ten to the dozen but just pushing hot air around!

This Grauniad article suggests stripping off – not sure that really works when impromptu video conferences are the name of the game!

Phew!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My office is downstairs in the north west corner, and the window sheltered by a tree. I’ve just made myself a cup of tea, what heatwave?

Drac

Yup been for a walk it’s red hit. I feel sorry for our staff who now have to wear masks while driving about even more so as it’s rare the aircon works.

white101

Had an early ride out this morning and it was 21 by 8.30am, now sat in the north west wing of the castle* working and its betty swollocks weather for sure.

* aka the spare room

dawson

While working from home, my office is in the attic. Currently 31c. Fan not that effective.

I am in shorts and shirtless. Have turned off the camera on my laptop

kentishman
    Free Member

Have a frozen 2l bottle of water in front of the fan. Seem to work a little

iainc

West of Scotland, a pleasant 21 in the house and 22 in the garden. On work Teams Calls with the patio door open.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You, rich and perchy need to look at a map, you’re not in the West! 😂

Spud

Looking forward to open water swimming for an hour later on. In fact it might just be bobbing in the water.

mogrim

Fan on, seems ok. 38C on the bike yesterday wasn’t particularly pleasant, though.

davosaurusrex

South East here. Running a centrifuge plant on a sewage works. Hopper just blocked with dried human waste, had to dig it out with a shovel, no shade. Do I win £5?

mogrim

Running a centrifuge plant on a sewage works. Hopper just blocked with dried human waste, had to dig it out with a shovel, no shade. Do I win £5?

If you do it’ll be via bank transfer, no way I’m getting close enough to give you cash in hand.

iainc

Nobeerinthefridge
    You, rich and perchy need to look at a map, you’re not in the West! 😂

Posted 10 minutes ago
    REPLY | REPORT

my house is west of the University of the West of Scotland 🙂

just not as far west as you !

ThePinkster

Yep, quite warm is sunny ol’ Cheshire too. Was 19 degrees when I went for my run at 07:15 this morning.
    Now stuck in the box room surrounded by laptops pumping heat out. Even with the window open and breeze blowing through it’s not great, not helped by the breeze being warm too. Weather station in the garden claims it’s 32.5C a the moment.

Yesterday evening’s brief ride was rather warm too.

NZCol

Quite nice out there, turbo fan pressed into alternate duties in the office. Down to my pants.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yer in the midlands Clow!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Attic studio is bonkers temps. Iced ginger beer with limes can only go so far. Fridge of beer is calling me.
    Work is calling louder sadly.

Jakester
    Free Member

Sigh. Just finished dealing with a client complaint. 28deg in here now.

Quite nice out there, turbo fan pressed into alternate duties in the office. Down to my pants.

Sounds dangerous!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Local Wunderground station reporting 31C, 27C in our lounge, thankfully a bit of a breeze coming through and the sun has moved round so we can open the curtains… So glad I left the windows open in here last night!

And very glad I’m on annual leave, the poor “late” shift are working from 0830 to 1630 in this today, delivering mail since ~1030-1100 until ~1600+.

I’m trying to rustle up some enthusiasm to head out for a pootle on the road bike, with no plans of any new PBs, but I hate this sort of heat or anything much above ~20C. Out on the road, you cannot pop to the bathroom and soak your head in lovely cool tap water…

trail_rat
    Free Member

im hiding behind my house in the rear garage, abandoned the camper van.

Opened both the front doors and contemplating putting the turbo fans on as the sun creeps over the ridge of the house.

captainclunkz
    Free Member

Just got back from a lovely relaxing swim in the North Tyne.

reluctantjumper

Went out on the bike this morning, 24 degrees with mad humidity and I couldn’t drink fast enough to replace the sweat!

Just about to start work delivering groceries. I may spend a few minutes longer than normal in the freezer bit every delivery!

chrispoffer

I can recommend getting a couple of freezer packs, wrapping them in kitchen roll and putting them under your bare feet.

It’s improved the situation in my home office from horrible to bearable….

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

It’s lovely here – 30C, with a slight breeze. Sat working in just my shorts.

My bar of Dairy Milk is a bit stretchy though.

Alex

The ‘old’ parts of our house have very thick walls. So it’s pretty cool in here. Combination of walls/position relative to sun/small-ish windows.  The ‘newer” part we decided to build with a ‘wall of glass’ is well over 80 degrees in old money. The Shed is heading towards the 90s!

I’m going out riding later. Via the co-op to stash lots of post-ride isotonic drinks in the fridge. Beer is isotonic isn’t it? 🙂

crazy-legs

Out on the road, you cannot pop to the bathroom and soak your head in lovely cool tap water…

I’ve got a photo of a mate soaking her head under one of those village water fountains in Spain in 30+° heat. Spain is much more civilized than us in that respect.

I remember soaking my base layer in the mountain stream on baking hot climb in Italy and put it on again. Worked brilliantly for cooling. In that heat, it lasted about 10 minutes though!

bearnecessities

29 today and tomorrow.

I could have picked a better time to sow a lawn.

Doesn’t matter, the **** holy thunderstorm on Friday will probably wash it all away.

solarider
    Free Member

South facing garden is currently 34 degrees.

North East facing office is currently 18 degrees.

Furloughed wife is in the garden sunbathing. I am in the office working.

F**king coronavirus!!!!

Jakester
    Free Member

Furloughed wife is in the garden sunbathing. I am in the office working.

My wife and son were lying in the paddling pool cooling off not so long ago. Grrr.

Northwind

I just cannot. Usually I’m OK with heat but going so quick from cold to hot has caused my spirit to melt

molgrips
    Free Member

Unusually hot here in Cardiff – normally three or four degrees cooler here than inland but not today.

I love it.

slowoldman

Weather station in the garden claims it’s 32.5C a the moment.

Interesting. Bike computer a couple of hours ago said 33. I thought surely not. It was rather pleasant whilst cycling but as soon as I got home and the airflow stopped I melted.

MoreCashThanDash

A mate has just popped out for a ride. I’m waiting till 7 to see if my motivation will return. Been a shit work day made worse by the heat.

Klunk
    Free Member

went for a road ride, at 9 this morning still had to ease off on most of the climbs to avoid blowing up… felt pretty shit for most of the day sat in front of a fan. shortis 7ish off road ride tomorrow morning hopefully a tad more bearable.

dudeofdoom

I’ve found it pleasant in Bristol but the coding iron seems to be very unhappy , iMac fans continually running and no show of the secondary monitor 🙂

Now the hay fever eyes are what I could really do without, feels like explodedy eyeballs.

fossy

The shedoffice was blooming hot this morning – had to dash out for a desk fan. It’s insulated, so stay’s fairly cool, but early morning sun is on the half glass (perspex) front of the summer house. Both doors wide open and too hot.

ratherbeintobago

Tomorrow is going to be fun.

Into the Zona Corona with full PPE which means scrubs, theatre cap, FFP3, splashproof overalls (yes, really), plastic apron and double gloves. In a unit that opened in 1989 and has celebratedly hopeless air con, and infection control have screwed all the windows shut.

This could be… sticky.

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

#smug alert!

I finally got round to installing the air con in the home office this week, so currently sitting in a comfortable 21c room

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Picked my motorbike up from the MOT this afternoon.

2 piece leathers and full face helmet meant that my drip tray was full by the time I got home. (Was only a 2.5 mile ride home as well!)

God, it’s a wee bit hot here in Devon.

martinhutch

Currently trying to fight fire with fire with a curry with extra chillis.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else melting?’ is closed to new replies.