Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone else enjoying the TT?
  • dogbert
    Free Member

I know I am, although from the comfort of my sofa rather than the Isle of Man (loaded with the cold so it’s been perfect viewing)

I will make it there one day……..as a spectator.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5-khL_Y230&feature=related[/video]

Not bad considering Keith Amor is nursing a pretty knackered shoulder

rkk01
    Free Member

Oh yes.

Massive respect for Amor. Guy Martin worries me though.

dogbert
    Free Member

oh yes, that guy seems to hang off the ragged edge, but what a talent…..and a proper down to earth sort. An interview with him earlier showed him to be a proper good bloke (not seen the TT film yet)

stevio

its alright as long as you’re not stuck in an office in Douglas all week because you’re off to Canada for month in August and feel duty bound to stay and provide cover.

Seriously come over (and don’t forget ITV 4 coverage @ 9….) enjoy the atmosphere, the bikes and bring an MTB to enjoy our ace pacey trails on non race days, or access the best viewing spots by bikes…

oh, and watch the TT3D film if you can find it – its ace. Spent Saturday watching the helicopters chasing the big boys around from my garden above the Quarterbridge turn…

rkk01
    Free Member

My first visit to the TT included watching the Senior at Quarterbridge. Shat myself when one of the riders missed a downshift entering the corner. Piled straight across into the straw bales where we were standing. Luckily no one hurt except pride.

Did I hear that the pub has gone to make way for a new roundabout?

cupra
    Free Member

It is great viewing. Rained off this morning so far. Currently planning to go in 2012 and take the mtbs with us for the non-race days. I’ve been to the islabd before but not for the racing.

uplink
    Free Member

Due to start 11:45 if things improve as forecasted

skiprat
    Free Member

Got back on monday night after spending 4 days there….loved it.

My mrs used to live there so we have friends over there and head out a couple of times a year but this was my first time when the TT was on and its just mental. Plenty of stuff going on all day and after seeing the bikes on TV, seeing them going past you only 6ft away doing close to 190mph is awsome. The smell and the sound of these things can’t be experienced on the TV.

Only thing we found odd/felt wrong was on monday when one of the riders crashed on lap 2. We saw the helicopter come over the mountain and land in the hospital. Race was off for 1hr 15min, then started again. While the riders were on lap 1 they announced on the radio he had died. Just very strange that it all just carried on.

Other than that, cracking weekend and we’ll be back next year.

maxray
    Free Member

TT week is the only week that makes me pine for home 🙁

Currently planning to go in 2012 and take the mtbs with us for the non-race days.

I had that sort of thought, loads of potential for combining a ride with some viewing too.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Guy Martin…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTbcV8PWjoM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

uplink
    Free Member

1 minute to go and the riders are not happy about going out due to wet patches under trees

EDIT: They’ve started [reluctantly]

uplink
    Free Member

Red flag on lap 2

It was only the Dunlop brothers that looked they were trying hard anyway

IanMunro
    Free Member

On a slightly different note, we’ve just had this installed at work, and I’ve just been playing on it. Still buzzing 😀
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqOEW1TUVdU[/video]

Muke
    Free Member

“I think I’d rather wipe my backside with a broken bottle than do that again.”

John McGuinness after riding the damp course today 😀

freddyg
    Free Member

Just got home after being there since Friday. Had a great time, saw some great racing and met some great people. Have already booked the ferry for next year 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else enjoying the TT?’ is closed to new replies.