Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone connected with sports/football agents?
  • MoreCashThanDash

A guy at work has a lad who is getting approached by football agents, but his dad is obviously concerned at how/if/whether to get involved with them. He’s 15/16 and has just been voted the youngest ever Young Player of the Year for a lower league club, so has some potential, even if maybe not premier league.

Can anyone offer advice or suggest places he can go to look for some, please.

Ta

cchris2lou

maybe see if his local premier league or first divisiob club is interested . they all have academies .

MoreCashThanDash

He’s with a league club already in their academy, but now at an age to be offered pro/semi-pro contracts as he’s only got another year to go.

He was released by the academy of the nearest championship team at 12 years old as he hadn’t grown enough. His own academy have recently beaten the championship teams academy (much smugness on his dad’s part)

And the championship team’s new manager has played alongside him in reserves matches and is well aware of him, hence the need for advice re agents.

Joxster
    Free Member

Email me the questions that you want asking, I’ve got a friend that works for the Gunners and he might be able to find out some answers. I think my address is in my profile.

trailmonkey

I’m not sure why you need an agent at this stage. All the clubs have a network of scouts, covering all areas. If the lad’s got ability, chances are they’ll all know about him already and if they want him, they’ll make contact.

MoreCashThanDash

Joxster – sorry, can’t see your email addy

Joxster
    Free Member

anthony.stirratATgmail.com

theotherjonv

speak to the PFA

I don’t think a lad at this age needs an agent, the PFA should be able to advise whether employing an agent at this stage is a good idea or not. they have their own ‘agency’ representing player interests which might be a better source of advice at this time.

http://www.givemefootball.com/pfa/player-management/player-management-introduction

There a contact number on there.

From that site:

Youth
    Younger elite players receive much attention with people offering them advice and services at a young age and it can be difficult for a player, his parents and family to be able to make the right decisions with so little guidance or information on player representation. The mealy that can surround the race for a youngster’s signature can cause the player to lose focus on what is important; the player’s football development. The PMA has assisted many young talented players through the early stages as they have gone on to have long and successful playing careers.

The PFA’s Player Management Agency will ensure that young players entering the professional game have access to contractual advice and also professional guidance in relation to media training, commercial opportunities, financial planning and education.

– which sounds exactly like the sort of stage he’s at.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone connected with sports/football agents?’ is closed to new replies.