Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone cheaper than Crucial for RAM?
  • tails
    Free Member

Such an interesting question I know! I want to put 8Gb in a 2009 macbook pro.

creamegg
    Free Member

probably. have a look at http://www.overclockers.co.uk

geoffj

I usually use the Crucial checker and then google the same spec ram.
    Play.com has been cheap for me in the past.

Cougar

Scan, though you’ll probably lose the advantage on P&P. (Cheaper for me cos it’s within driving distance)

sharkbait
    Free Member

I use Crucial to check which ram it need then buy it used off eBay.

simon_g

Sometimes you might save a quid or two. I consider the small premium worth paying, because if it doesn’t work in your system, Crucial are very good about taking it back and swapping for another.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I usually use the Crucial checker

Dont trust that checker its been wrong twice in the past for me.

cp

7dayshop.com

mrmemory.co.uk

Have used both for memory in the past, very good service, and decent memory.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

as above mrmemory is good

euain

I’ve just taken 8GB out of my MBP and put 16 in. I’ll sell you the 8 that came out for something sensible?

Hmm.. if it’s compatible? It’s crucial memory, DDR3 1333Mhz..

Euain

DrJ

Amazon – because of the free postage, they can work out cheaper.

tails
    Free Member

Hi Euain what MBP do you have I thought they only went to 8Gb, is it 2 x 4Gb? Anyway yes I’m interested. How much? and do you still have the fancy padded box the 16Gb came in as it is fragile or so I’m led to believe.

euain

Sorry for the delay – was away for a day and these topics disappear onto page 5…

I’ve got the early 2011 15″ MBP (2GHz). It takes up to 16GB (though Apple don’t supply it with this). Makes Parallels fly!

Old memory is 2x 4GB. I don’t have the crucial packaging – but I do have the anti-static bags and the bubble pack thing the new RAM (Corsair) came in.

The old RAM is:
    Crucial 8GB (4GBx2) – part number CT1895128

It’s yours for a tenner and a couple of quid postage – so £12? Email me if you want efd_public at mac dot com.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone cheaper than Crucial for RAM?’ is closed to new replies.