Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone bought a cheap Zesty 214 and swapped bits across?
  • Toasty

Pondering a frame to replace my Mojo, it was just a bit too short in the top tube. Everywhere seems to have suddenly clicked into 2010 bargain prices over the last month, so there’s a few things about.

Has anyone gone the upgraded 214 route? Any opinions or photos? 500g heavier than the carbon one sounds like a mighty mass of aluminium on the back end. Yetis claim about 200g for carbon rear ends, Commencal claim the same, yet Lapierre claim more than double?

Failing that, it’s looking like a 2010 Meta frame kit. I’m very paranoid of claims they’ve got shorter though, has anyone compared a 2008 to 2010 in top tube or wheelbase?

Or a Yeti 575.. which conversely I’m paranoid will over compensate and be massseeeev.

Cheers

spinout
    Free Member

Upgraded a 314 with hope hoops/stans crests and Fox Float 15mms. Sold the other parts on ebay.

Very happy.

Seen a few people claiming to have issues with carbon rear frame.

Toasty

Yeah, I liked the look of the 314s. I think I’d have done exactly the same, sadly I think all the bargain 54cm ones have gone now.

There’s lots of 214s going cheap though, most likely because of the colour.

Does the 214/314 come with an open valve shock by the way, or has it got pro pedal?

flyingfox
    Free Member

The 514 and up only have Propedal. I love Propedal but I don’t feel the need on the Zesty anyhow so it’s not a big issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought a cheap Zesty 214 and swapped bits across?’ is closed to new replies.