Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone been to Mias or fuengirola?
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

I’m off to spain with the family in the 1st week of september staying in a great villa in mijas.

I’ve done a bit of research and notice sierra cycling is close by in fuengirola (I have been to spain 3 times with ridesierranevada and joyriders so have ridden a lot of the terrain)

I’ve heard you can get a gondola lift + mountain bike in benalmedena where there are some great xc/downhill runs

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yep – there is both XC and DH at Benalmedena.

Mijas has two cracking routes,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/sets/72157609067194407/

Mijas Bixfax Route2 001

and you also have stuff like Torecilla and much much more around Sierra de las Nieves, Montes de Malaga and El Chorro.

Ronda

You should get the Mountain Bike Southern Spain book which has all these routes in.

Costa del Si

MrAgreeable

Second Si’s recommendation for the Mijas route – lots of up with some really nice singletrack descents. One of them is available free online if you Google.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Thanks guys. You think it would be easy to follow or do i need some gps jiggery pokery.

Or are you around 1 day perhaps Mr rallli in exchange for beer/wine and food 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

Trickydisco – your best bet is Roper. I will be doing my MSc and joining Sharki and co in Devon by then 🙂

However, after saying that the Bikefax instructions and maps are pretty much spot on.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Cheers Simon.I’ll get that book on order and check out ur photosets.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am just back from a week with Sierra Cycling. Some lovely riding.

simonralli2
    Free Member

No probs

My MTB collection of photo sets is here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/collections/72157609685531106/

With quite a few more slightly further afield from Mijas, i.e. Marbella down to Tarifa, El Chorro and behind Estepona.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

And a drive up to Ronda if you’ve not been before.

It’s surprisingly difficult to get someone to do you an authentic Paella, but a place in Mijas did, but you had to order the day before(over 20 years ago that was).

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve been to both estepona and cerro macho (nr cordoba) with joy riders and ride sierra nevada nr granada. Both had exceptional riding. This time i’ll be on my own though So either thinking of contacting sierra cycling for a day or 2 or grabbing some maps and doing it by myself

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I

o

s riding.
    Any reccomendations for bike hire in the area?

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Trickydisco, We do bike hire if we have spare bikes. also why not join us for a day tour early in your holiday & we can point you in the direction of some good routes if you want to be independant.

Cable car more for DH bikers & about 10€ an uplift, they don´t do a day pass unfortunately.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Hi Alan,

I’ll be in touch about joining you. So there are no xc trails around benalmedena from the cable car?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Mias or fuengirola?’ is closed to new replies.