Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone been to a gig at Wembley? Easiest way to get there from not London?
  • IHN

There's a few of us going to a gig soon, driving from Cheltenham. It's a Friday night, so people are working out whether they need to arrange to leave work early (well, they know they will, it's a question of how early).

Is it possible to park anywhere near? If not, what's the best tube/rail station to dump the car near?

vinnyeh

Drive to Watford Junction- there's parking and easy trains from there.

willard

Speaking of which… What tube/train station is nearest to Wembley for gigs? Wembley central, or Wembley park?

The missus and I are heading there in a couple of weeks and need to plan our journey…

jimster
    Free Member

I used to drive to Pinner, park at the back of Sainsbury's and catch the train in.

4ags4
    Free Member

Park in Uxbridge, get the Met line to Wembley park, then walk

Ti29er
    Free Member

If it's Wembley Arena, stay at home, the acoustics are horriffic.
    Last gig I went to was a long-awaited Faithless concert and I lasted under an hour and walked out it was awful.
    If I am correct in saying, JK walked off stage a few years back as he'd recognised it was not good enough, and that's from up on the stage.

stumpy01

As suggested….I'd try & park at one of the outer train stations & get the tube in. Watford Junction (not tube) to Wembley Central is pretty good, but I know they are doing lots of work at Wembley Central at the moment (to the station & surrounding area) so check for disruption (I'm originally from Wembley).

Wembley Central to the Stadium is about a 20 min walk, either go:
    all the way up the high st (right out of station) all the way to the 'triangle' junction with a crappy clock in the middle of the road then turn left.
    or, right out of the station, then left at the junction opposite 'The Bear' pub (I think it's called). Keep going straight to a set of lights. Straight over there & you'll end up at Wembley Park station (it's a more residential walk with no pubs/food choices), right at the top of the pedestrian bit you see on the TV leading to the Stadium.

OR get to Amersham or Uxbridge & get the tube on the Met line to Wembley Park – the Stadium is just over the road. Last time I was down that way, there was weekend work on the branch that goes to Amersham on the Met line, so best to check that.

The only other thing I can think of, is giving a pub called The Green Man a ring. It's on Dagmar Avenue in Wembley & they used to do 'event day' parking. You could call in advance and see if they will reserve you a space. It's a decent pub only 10 mins walk from the Stadium. Not sure if they'll go for it, but worth a ring. Only problem might be traffic getting back out again.

If you haven't arranged parking in advance – don't bother driving. It will give you major stress!!

simon_g

Park at Hillingdon station – it's just off the A40, only a couple of quid all day and a few stops down to Wembley.

willard

No driving here… We're going to be letting the train take the strain!

We've also got to go and dump bags for the weekend somewhere first, so will b coming out of town, unless Wembley has a bag drop or something that we can use. Anyone know?

stumpy01

simon_g hillingdon station is a much better idea than Amersham or Uxbridge. About 25 mins to Wembley park from there.

Willard….if you're coming by train, then I'd definitely get on the Met line to Wembley Park, rather than Wembley Central unless you wanna grab some food/drink before you go in. There's more choice down near Wembley Central (although there's still places to go up near Wembley Park).

willard

Cheers for that Stumpy.

And to think, a few years ago all these questions would not have been needed. Four years living in Uxbridge, Hayes and Hillingdon. Wasted I tell ye, wasted.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to a gig at Wembley? Easiest way to get there from not London?’ is closed to new replies.