Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Any Spurs fans about??!!
  • shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

What 'arry said about the match tonight:

"We'll be favourites, obviously, but we have to give Young Boys the utmost respect," Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp told the club's official website on hearing the draw.

Lol!!

Jase
    Free Member

Not a Spurs fan but I would have liked seeing a different english club in the champions league this year.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Crooked arrogant bastard. While I'd like to see Spurs doing well, Redknapp won't be getting much sympathy.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

3-1 now…maybe not done and dusted yet.

Ed2001
    Free Member

Young Boys 🙂

LycraLout
    Free Member

Young Boys 😉

badnewz
    Free Member

Careful ed and lycra, declaring your love for young boys publicly – there are laws against that kind of thing.
    Saying that, I'm wishing there had been a law against me being a spurs fan.
    Defoe better start banging them in second half.

supinerider
    Free Member

Another Spurs fan here. Watching them defend this ineptly certainly brings back memories. 😐

tonto
    Free Member

COYS!

Jamie
    Free Member

As an Arsenal fan I am gutted for Spurs.

*snigger*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

FOYAF!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Redknapp is a ***t

badnewz
    Free Member

well the hotspurs are back in it. Like Bob Marley (a spurs supporter) we need to be back on grass to perform as we should.
    We shall learn them at the Lane.

jimster
    Free Member

Return leg next week?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Redknapp is a ***t

Succinct. To the point. True.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

2 away goals means just a one-niller will do in the return. European football isn't as easy as some people think. Spurs have very little experience at this level. Has Harry ever managed a club in a European competition? And the artificial pitch has to be taken into consideration (shouldn't be allowed really, should all be grass pitches; even the Norwegians manage this). I think Spurs will do the job at WHL. I'm not sure if they'll progress much beyond the group stages though, even if they get there. It's another level entirely. Be good to see another English club do well though.

As an Arsenal fan I am gutted for Spurs.

If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd be looking over my shoulder at Spurs, tbh. Because Arsenal are in danger of dropping down the table, with Spurs and Man City rising. Arsenal were gifted a point at Anfield, against 10 men who outplayed them for sections of the game. Liverpool could possibly have been 3 up not long after half time. With a fully fit Torres and J Cole on the pitch for the whole game, Liverpool probably would have won easily, let's be honest. Arsenal were quite poor. Without Fabregas, Arsenal will struggle I think. They simply don't have the collective spirit to drive through and get result when things aren't going their way. And if they aren't in the hunt after Christmas, Fabregas will be gone come January. It's only a matter of time.

I think it will be a race between Man U and Chelsea really. Hodgson could pull Liverpool back into a CL spot; last year was just a blip for them. They showed more fight against Arsenal than they showed for most of last season. Still 3 or 4 top players short of a EPL winning team though, I think. Don't think Villa will feature in the top 4, not enough stability at that club. Can't attract or keep the best players. Man City will struggle to contain the egos in the squad, but are undoubtedly a force. They'll have some great results, but also crack under pressure. Spurs are possibly the biggest threat for a CL place.

Of course, everyone's forgetting Blackpool. Great to see Ollie in the EPL!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Maybe I was a little too quick in singing too the man city fans on saturday

"Thrusday night, channel 5" (too the "champion league, you aving a laugh" tune)

Nah, we should be OK.

But it's not been the best start to the season.

Disappointed and frustrated……. what's new.

badnewz
    Free Member

Like Redknapp said, its a great defeat. After 3-0 down I went into habitual spurs self-bewailment mode – why are they so spineless, why do they chuck it all away like this, why did my dad take me down the lane all those years ago.
    But the bounce back showed character, and that's what makes this side different from any we've had for a long time.
    Plus history is cyclical, what goes up must go down (arsenal), what was down can go back up.

badnewz
    Free Member

Comeback complete. An inspiration to all habitual losers.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeahp. I'm almost certain we'll go on and win the thing now. If we can just make a couple of audacious signings. Or at least have a few good rumoured almost signings, then it's ours.

badnewz
    Free Member

We'll sit down, we'll have a look at it, set our stall out, we'll have a go at them, why not, we've got a great team, who'd want to come ere, i just need that one extra playa.

Sawyer
    Free Member

I can't wait for them to finish bottom of the group and miss out on the Europa League.

trailmonkey

Excellent performance, from 3-0 down in the tie you've got to give Spurs credit.

Personally hoped my team would make the ECL but we didn't, more than happy to see a team that plays decent football in there.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Any Spurs fans about??!!’ is closed to new replies.