Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Any Rozzas on here?
  • ShoePolice
    Free Member

Thinking of joining tha Polis, innit. Would you recommend it?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Given your level of literacy you will ace the entrance exam 😉

Houns

Doubt if you’ll find any force at the moment recruiting

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Beaten to it by Rorschach!

Damn your eyes and damn your breeches, Sir!

Gary_C

Thinking of joining tha Polis, innit.

LOL. Are they recruiting 12 year olds now ??

hh45
    Free Member

not very likely, they are all too busy harrassing innocent cyclists – gits.

I know that after the riots we are all supposed to feel sorry for the boys in blue but its pretty hard for me until they take the same attitude to motorists breaches as they do to a cyclists.

One of the best overtime deals going, great pensions and you can retire at about 45 so for a career it maybe has somethings going for it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

S’wicked* blood, well recommended aye.

*This might not be true.

Bregante

One of the best overtime deals going, great pensions and you can retire at about 45 so for a career it maybe has somethings going for it.

Not for much longer

easygirl

For the things I’ve seen over the years and the problems it’s caused me ,the pay is miserable, but would I join again
    Yes, in a heartbeat

CaptJon
    Free Member

Heartbeat – i see what you did there.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Flash…you snooze-you looze (sic).

donsimon
    Free Member

I think you’ll find it’s not as Rosie as it used to be easygirl.

ShoePolice
    Free Member

Not very positve so far, huh?

keavo
    Free Member

there are lots of easier ways to earn a similar wage. did it and wouldn’t go back or recommend it, innit.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Joking aside, some days it’s a great job, some days it’s hideous, some days it’s neither here nor there. Some people are well suited to it, some aren’t particularly but manage it, some should never be let near it.

Perhaps consider the specials to find out if it’s for you, and you’re for it?

mildred

Really?

Pay freeze for 3 years, mass redundancy for civilian staff, loss of overtime rates in time for the Olympics, very high chance of injury on duty, enforced retirement at 30 years service (reg A19), enforced medical retirement if injured and cannot work front line (reg A20), non-existent support from senior officers; your actions and split second decisions will be pored over and examined for years after the event, which can lead to your dismissal and treatment as a criminal even if there have been no offences committed. If you do commit a fairly low level offence that any other member of society would receive a caution for, you stand a VERY real chance of going to prison…

Yup, there are worse careers out there.

keavo
    Free Member

thats what i meant mildred, well written. i don’t have to take care with what i write anymore:-)

robbo1234biking

Heartbeat – i see what you did there.

That brings back memories of Nick Berry singing that themetune….

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Really?

Pay freeze for 3 years, mass redundancy for civilian staff, loss of overtime rates in time for the Olympics, very high chance of injury on duty, enforced retirement at 30 years service (reg A19), enforced medical retirement if injured and cannot work front line (reg A20), non-existent support from senior officers; your actions and split second decisions will be pored over and examined for years after the event, which can lead to your dismissal and treatment as a criminal even if there have been no offences committed. If you do commit a fairly low level offence that any other member of society would receive a caution for, you stand a VERY real chance of going to prison…

Yup, there are worse careers out there.

Still, somewhat bizarrely, the Police Service are one of those rare employers that don’t seem to mind if you have a criminal record upon joining, even for fairly serious offences.

thegreatape
    Free Member

What’s the story there Tucker?

tazzymtb

if you are a violent sociopathic misanthrope you have to options, join the filth or become a PE teacher. 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

although you may still be eligible to join the police service if you have minor convictions/cautions, there are certain offences and conditions that will make you ineligible. If you are at all unsure, contact your chosen force for more information

from
    http://policerecruitment.homeoffice.gov.uk/police-officer/am-i-eligible/index.html

winterfold
    Free Member

successful troll is successful

donsimon
    Free Member

Still, somewhat bizarrely, the Police Service are one of those rare employers that don’t seem to mind if you have a criminal record upon joining, even for fairly serious offences.

I had always assumed that you had to join first.

mrchrispy

That is utter boolacks Tucker.
    I was police staff and I know I’d have lost my job for even minor offences and the vetting was pretty strict.

To the original OP – best chance of getting in now is to join the specials and wait.

Edric64
    Free Member

Most cops you hear cant speak English well have few qualifications and loads of shit tattoos (exageration ) If the entrance requirement was raised to degree level maybe they would command more respect

donsimon
    Free Member

Most cops you hear cant speak English well have few qualifications and loads of shit tattoos (exageration ) If the entrance requirement was raised to degree level maybe they would command more respect

I could see that working here too, stop some of the less intelligent posting, no?

TenMen
    Free Member

I would recommend it, but – not knowing anything about you – I would either get a few years life experience if required, or as suggested above, try the specials first, especially as I can’t see any full-time recruitment in the next few years. More than two-thirds of my intake were graduates, but that won’t make any difference to your career path if you join. But I can see a lot of forces making time in the specials compulsory before joining full-time, if only for cheap labour!

TenMen
    Free Member

And it would help if you didn’t refer to us as ‘Rozzas’ in any application form

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Any Rozzas on here?’ is closed to new replies.