Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any NHS.net mail users with Android out there…?
  • DrP

Having got the Nexus 4 up and running, I thought it would be worthwhile syncing it with my nhs.net account…

Jeesh – the security features look scary!
    Wiping the whole phone if there are multiple incorrect password tries – that’s my son’s evening entertainment filled…
    Encrypting the whole phone for me…sounds ominous…

Has anyone actually clicked on the ‘yes’ button and survived this? I’m thinking it’s probably more faff than is safe/worth doing….

DrP

Drac

I never use my nhs.net account I just use my work one, pleased to be of help.

ratherbeintobago

Has anyone actually clicked on the ‘yes’ button and survived this?

Yes. YHM.

Andy

scaredypants

nhsnet security is a pain in the bollocks – forces me into totally forgettable passwords that I, like, totally forget, maaan

… so I get to send the password to a non-secure email account 🙄

JRTG
    Free Member

If its anything like the iPhone, its an exchange account and takes seconds to setup with no scary features…..

DrP

JRTG – the list of “click yes and you agree to let this account do ‘this’ to your phone” was one of the most brutal I’ve read!!

Disable camera..wipe without warning…brick your phone…. eek!

Think I’ll keep my phone just for me and my gmail spam it seems….

DrP

peachos
    Free Member

yeah we have all those crazy security features at our Trust. not many use their mobile to access their email!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I use the nhs.net email account on my iPad as it’s pretty straightforward.
    I dont’ bother with it on my Android phone as it looks like a pain to set up and I keep forgetting the password 😀

JRTG
    Free Member

Sounds like the android version is a nightmare! Have it on my ipad and iPhone with no such messages, good luck and take a back up of your phone!!!!!

grilla
    Free Member

It’s a pretty typical exchange activesync config from the sound of it, with the ‘require encryption’ option set. On Android this means the device has to go through the encrypting process, and you’ll probably find that you’ll have to set up a password an none of the picture, swipe a shape type stuff will work.

On Apple iOS all devices are already encrypted so it is less of a big deal.

Many corporate companies have much worse security lockdown policies, Good Technology being one of the worst culprits, no copy/paste etc.

rOcKeTdOg

i try not to read my NHS mail, makes life much simpler

“did you get the email?”

me: *shrugs*

deviant
    Free Member

My NHS email address ends in .nhs.uk

I dont have it synced, instead i access it through Chrome by putting in the full http:// address….works fine and i just have to enter my usual email password.

Pyro

I don’t access NHS.net outside of the office. I looked at syncing my phone, but decided nothing I do was actually important enough to require my attention outside office hours.

clubber
    Free Member

deviant – Member
    My NHS email address ends in .nhs.uk

I dont have it synced, instead i access it through Chrome by putting in the full http:// address….works fine and i just have to enter my usual email password.

How does that work – would make Mrs Clubber’s life easier if she could access email at home without having to take her laptop home…

say she’s on mrsclubber@xyz.nhs.uk what web address would she go to to access email online?

bails

Yuor organisation should have a webaddress for webmail/VPN.

@nhs.net is different to a @localhospital.nhs.uk address.

clubber
    Free Member

found it – webmail.xyz.nhs.uk

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any NHS.net mail users with Android out there…?’ is closed to new replies.