Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Any graphic artists in? Logo Design….
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Actually he better not put it on his bike.

I can imagine him being run over by an Audi estate with an irate graphic designer at the wheel in a trail centre car park.

chewkw
    Free Member

It's not about the logo, it's about the product or service that you offer.

Excellent logo -> shite product or service = shite.

Shite logo -> excellent product or service = Brand (Yes, it's called a brand now… even with shite logo).

Bottom line, even if your logo is shite and your product or service is excellent … your shite logo will be perceived as unique.

Therefore, only successful product or service can have a Brand (called it brand) and not the other way round. You can spend all you have on a logo but if your product or service is shite then you will be shite.

So once you have accumulated all the success then perhaps it's time to upgrade your logo but then why would you do that?

😈

glenp
    Free Member

A smooth or polished or flash logo is not a good logo if the ideas it is supposed to convey aren't smooth, polished, flash. You don't redesign Aldi to look like Audi for example. Wiggle is all blobby for a reason. And so on.

So it is perfectly possible for the flaming Stratobiker logo to be "good", and perfectly impossible to judge it without knowing what the intention was.

Think about it like writing. If you want to write a fast-paced thriller for the masses you don't go about it using impenetrable language that would only appeal to the most erudite and learned professor. In other words your writing could be "better" but actually be much worse. Same for design.

geoffj

JoB – Member

"What is your hourly rate?"

less than a plumber, and that's simply joining pipes together, right?

No, that's a frame designer.

M6TTF
    Free Member

nice little piece on the evolution of a logo here

Greenpeace Airplot logo

redthunder
    Free Member

Post the brief.

headfirst
    Free Member

8)

EDIT: This is my last free sample…

Supafemale
    Free Member

Stratobiker if you're serious about needing a logo designed – I wouldn't bother asking professionals to do it for £50. Why not go to your local Art College and supply your request as a competition brief/live brief for their design students to do? That way the professionals don't feel insulted, the students gain experience and something for their portfolio and you don't get one design, but a range to select from and within your budget?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As a professional who spends time working with two local colleges (yes, I do things for free – it isn't all £5k brands you know 😉 ) that could work if you get an enthusiastic student or two – I have been rather underwhelmed by *some* students application in recent years.

Supafemale
    Free Member

Actually what you said echo's at the college where I work. I do find it really hard to understand – when I was at college, it was the best years of my life and I know a lot of my fellow students felt the same 😕 I guess times are changing…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah I do find it very odd. We often have walls of silence and blank looks. Until their mobiles ring then they just get up and take the call. Saying that, we soon see who wants something and they normally go on to get it. We employed one ex student and he is great.

satsoma
    Free Member

Sometimes I can't believe people on here. Stratobiker just wanted a quick logo for £50.

This is obviously not aimed at the designers that are able to charge lots of money for their work.

I have a full time job, but I do design work on the side, usually for friends, as I've found that I'm alright at it. I'd be more than happy to get paid £50 for a couple of hours of enjoyable 'designing'.

I think if people had taken a bit of time to think about it, they might have realised that it wasn't aimed at designers who can command far more money than £50.

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Any graphic artists in? Logo Design….’ is closed to new replies.