Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any Goyt Valley route suggestions (+surrounding area)?
  • itsonlymelee
    Free Member

Was out walking at the weekend in the Goyt Valley, what a stunning place!! Helped by the amazing sunshine no doubt! Any suggestions for good riding routes/loops in and around the area?

I moved to Chinley 18 months ago and so have had plenty to go at more locally with my usual haunts being Chinley Churn, Beet Lane, South Head, Mount Famine, Roych, Hayfield etc. and of course further across to Edale/Hope Valley. Before I moved out here from Manchester I got to know the Roman Lakes/Marple/Mellor/Rowarth area quite well. So decided it was time to explore the Goyt direction a bit more, Whaley Bridge, Chapel, Buxton etc.

Thanks in advance!

jekkyl

There’s no good routes around the goyt, none at all, you’re best off looking elsewhere for lots of excellent cheeky trails coz there’s none there, no sireee bob. 😉

M6TTF
    Free Member

lots of cheeky stuff, and a few legit. berry clough is a great descent 🙂

jekkyl

If one were so inclined to find cheeky trails one might use the explore feature of Strava! Any track’s fair game is my approach. Any track leading away uphill or downhill might prove fruitful, go and explore yourself and report back, there is some right crackers!

Garry_Lager

Goyt valley is indeed a great place, always feels a little disconnected to the rest of the Peak to me. Anyhow, you’ve got to get on the footpaths so fire up the heatmap and see what’s what.
    Stuff around the hills directly onto the reservoir is popular with walkers, so hitting it at the weekend will probably draw a comment or two.

Stainypants

Some of the cheeky stuff can get a wee bit muddy at this time of year. Wait for nice frosty morning and head out early

itsonlymelee
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies and tips 😉 Thought that might be the case, had quite a few virtual handlebar moments and a couple of games of guess the tyre on our mostly FP route.

I’ll have a cheeky mooch back one midweek morning soon.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Some great bits of track. Most are not too great after lots of persistent rain though. Some good cheeky stuff in Macc forest too if you fancy going on a longer loop.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

If you come up from the Goyt valley and go across road onto BW by cat and fiddle and head over there and down to Three shires head very nice around there pretty rocky in places also you have the old Macclesfield road out of Buxton.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any Goyt Valley route suggestions (+surrounding area)?’ is closed to new replies.