Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Another “what tyres” question!
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

So, in the Alps, tubeless (stans) compatible, large volume, less that 1 kg to suit a 6″ AM type machine ridden more trail than DH (75/25 split).

Thoughts? I’m really liking the ADvantage on my HT at the moment. The tyres I’m looking for are to replace a Kujo/El gato combo (which don’t work tubeless)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone tried the Maxxis High Roller DH? I know some of the older Maxxis tyres come up slim and the newer ones, quite generous. Which side of that does the 2.35 HR fall?

bristolsurfer
    Free Member

They are pretty small – a 2.35 High Roller is smaller than a 2.25 Crossmark for example. I use the LUST 2.35 HRs on my trail bike (Prophet) & am pretty happy them – worth a look I reckon.
    I’ve got 2 ply High Rollers on my DH bike & they are very very slow if you are not heading downhill – 1.3Kg as well.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback. Wish they made a wide UST Advantage or Ardent

genghispod
    Free Member

Bristolsurfer – what do you think of the crossmarks in that size? I’ve had a couple of rides on mine (rear); they are fast but are they tough enough?

james
    Free Member

2.5″ HR single ply 60a = 880g (2.25″ advantage size) work well. Slowest tyre I ever used though. They do a supertacky too

2.4″ Advantage (although massive) folding is 845g?

UST advantage

High Rollers, Minions, Larsens, Ignitors (And others) are old tread maxxis and come up small

Crossmarks, Advantage, Ardent plus a load of new XC tyres are new tread and come up big

Onzadog
    Free Member

cheers for that. wish there was a 2.25 LUST advantage. I’ve got the 2.1 Advantage on the HT but fancy something bigger for the Alps.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Another “what tyres” question!’ is closed to new replies.