Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Another good reason for Scotland to gain independence….
  • toys19
    Free Member

Yah yah it’s a joke please don’t get upset. It was to illustrate that this is just a silly thread with lots of faux angst. Even as a dyed in the wool antijock I can see the reasoning behind the financing rules for uni places, if we had a reciprocal agreement with the scots we could get free uni places there too.

(although when I want to ride big mountains I go south, it’s cheaper, the food is better, no midges, and best of all no scots!)

(edit and my kids could go free anyway as they have irish passports, despite living in england)
    (double edit if you weren’t so isolationist you would know that scotland has been experiencing sunshine whilst we down south have had oooodles of rain)

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Maybe should of added a 😉

I’m currently living in a hell of a broken scaphoid and final exams combo so dont even know what day it is, never mind the weather 😛

toys19
    Free Member

Also, it’ s painful to have to tacitly agree with TJ, so I like to offset that with some abuse. 😀

toys19
    Free Member

AA in the interests of fairness your last statement requires either a comma, exclaimation mark or another question mark..

What? Was your PhD in stupidity?
    What! Was your PhD in stupidity?
    What was your PhD in, stupidity?
    Although I’m not sure this is correct, maybe this?
    What was your PhD in? Stupidity?

anagallis_arvensis

I dont do gramma when using my phone. Apart from the odd full . Stop which is on the right page. I think the third option is best though thanks.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

zokes – Member

Of course, you’d never discuss anything to do with things on the other side of the world, such as Argentina’s claim to the Falklands, would you?

Nah, of course not: that would be stupid, wouldn’t it…

No need to get so stroppy mate – I was simply suggesting that it might be another good reason for you to carry on living ten thousand miles away from Britain.

You are offering “another good reason” for Scottish independence, and I’m offering “a good reason” for you not to pay UK taxes, ie, because you don’t like UK taxation, education, and funding policies.

Or have you got a monopoly over offering advice, something which you don’t feel anyone else has the right to do ?

anagallis_arvensis

He doesnt like the welsh either!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Duckman, you are very mich mistaken in the “axe to grind over us” comment. In most cases I am a Scotophile and I personally benefitted from being educated in Scotland and would like my children to follow suit. As I have said before, I think there are aspects of Scottish degree courses that make them superior to English ones. I am also aware of areas of discrimination that affect Scots. Their existence does not justify each other. They are both wrong and should be criticised for what they are worth or not worth in these cases, The log in the eye comment is frankly absurd.

But if you take the worst of EU legal definition BS and that of your Dear Leader perhaps you should not be surprised that you end up with a bu&&ers muddle with lots of unintended consequences.

Funny that in England, there was a strong concern that Edin Uni would be descriminating against English students when to the dismay of the Nus rep, they do the opposite and follow the purse! Funny that, when the second best Uni in Scotland ( 😉 ) illustrates the follies here better than any of us Southern observers! But Northwind has outlined the reasons well.

toys19
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member

He doesnt like the welsh either!

Does anyone? 😀

But that’s no excuse to use one legged arguments, try harder Zokes. If you want to do some scots bashing think a bit harder.. 😆

anagallis_arvensis

So does anyone know if the situation is the same in Wales, it was mooted when the increased fees came in but I’m not sure if they were able to follow it up.

toys19
    Free Member

Doesn’t wales have a different type of devolution to scotland and hence a different budget structure which limits the types of things they can change?

zokes
    Free Member

Thread title is: “Another good reason for Scotland to gain independence….”

Yet strangely, it seems to be the Scots (with the exception of A_A as per usual) who are getting most stroppy. I could understand if the thread title was “Another bad reason…” 🙄

What was your PhD in stupidity?

And given the fact that I’m successfully pursuing a career that requires my PhD; whereas you, I recall, did a postdoc for a bit then became a teacher (a career not requiring one) indicates who might or might not have a PhD in stupidity.

Or have you got a monopoly over offering advice, something which you don’t feel anyone else has the right to do ?

I’m only trying to fit in round here 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Yep but pretty sure they said they would pay the higher fees. I would assume they would have to do the same for eu students as in scotland.

anagallis_arvensis

And given the fact that I’m successfully pursuing a career that requires my PhD; whereas you, I recall, did a postdoc for a bit then became a teacher (a career not requiring one) indicates who might or might not have a PhD in stupidity.

thats it love make it personnel that way you can cry to the mods if you get called a ****.

zokes
    Free Member

thats it love make it personnel personal that way you can cry to the mods if you get called a ****.

Says the person accusing me of stupidity 😕

(oh, and FIFY)

trailmonkey

**** me do you two really have a phd ?

what discipline ? internet bellendry ?

anagallis_arvensis

Says the person accusing me of stupidity

the premise of your whole thread is stupid in the extreme, thats not about personality just the facts.

what discipline ? internet bellendry ?

Bullshit actually, no really its true!!

toys19
    Free Member

trailmonkey, being on the internet, making comments on threads, defines you as an internet bellend..

zokes
    Free Member

the premise of your whole thread is stupid in the extreme, thats not about personality just the facts.

Not sure I agree. I am highlighting another reason why the rest of the UK might be better off if Scotland gains its much coveted independence and membership of the EU. As it stands, such a move would reduce the costs of tertiary education for anyone in England or Wales who wished to study there. Which sounds pretty positive from an English (and Welsh) PoV.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Duckman, will you be using the same arguments re Murdoch. Since an English government is behaving inappropriately, the First Minister should do exactly the same and reject an enquiry. The logic is really compelling?!?

anagallis_arvensis

Well if your not sure maybe you should listen to the others? Completely unfair Tory changes to education, dressed up as money saving changes, but in reality ideology based changes being mitigated by the Scots is a reason for independance? Thats just stupid. Almost as stupid as the Tories not realising what would happen.

nealglover
    Free Member

thats it love make it personnel

It think the more widely used term these days is Human Resources ?

anagallis_arvensis

It think the more widely used term these days is Human Resources ?

just pass me my P45!

duckman

teamhurtmore – Member
    Duckman, will you be using the same arguments re Murdoch. Since an English government is behaving inappropriately, the First Minister should do exactly the same and reject an enquiry. The logic is really compelling?!?

Posted 28 minutes ago # Report-Post

Yawn; again, you seem to perceive that us uppity Caledonians should have to dance to your tune and do what is convenient for England. Bit like Boris and the aqueducts really. The logic(sorry your logic)is only compelling if you believe that there is any form of fair national government in the UK. Still could be worse, three pages and Zokes han’t started screaming about Anti-English racism.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yawn is a bit of a tepid excuse. It’s nothing to do with “your tune” whatever that is. I would expect Scots to aim higher than merely copying the dregs of what the English have to offer. But if you really think its ok do do something badly just because others do, well enjoy the race to the bottom. I had expected better from Scotland but perhaps my education there made me biased!! 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

internet hardmen, academic willy wavers and jingoistic sweatys 😯
    shudders, closes laptop and retreats to the real world.

zokes
    Free Member

Still could be worse, three pages and Zokes han’t started screaming about Anti-English racism.

I think I covered this at the start – do try to keep up.

Though if you want, I could generalise that all Scots are tight fisted and the welsh are particularly fond of sheep, and I’m sure someone will scream racism soon enough.

duckman

teamhurtmore – Member
    Yawn is a bit of a tepid excuse. It’s nothing to do with “your tune” whatever that is. I would expect Scots to aim higher than merely copying the dregs of what the English have to offer. But if you really think its ok do do something badly just because others do, well enjoy the race to the bottom. I had expected better from Scotland but perhaps my education there made me biased!!

You may have noticed, we have done something better….free education for Scots,and people we like. Maybe that will be extended to include the English someday, but just now..why should we pick up the slack for you lot? (your tune bit)I fail to see how that SNP policy is copying the dregs of Westminster.Indeed I see it as an enlightened practise. But still we get these outranged of Surbiton Sydney threads about sponging ,ungrateful,Jocks.

anagallis_arvensis

Is that the fact you cant be racist against whoever you choose tobe racist to that day because they are not a race? More demonstration of your intellect imo.

duckman

A-A; Don’t mention the England rugby team….

anagallis_arvensis

I see the sensible Waikato coach turned down the mighty england yesterday and some SA fella has the job of backs coach.

duckman

RACIST!

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Another good reason for Scotland to gain independence….’ is closed to new replies.