Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • Another daft colour scheme……
  • nickc

seatpost is a bit rare, but I love the colour scheme

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have the same seatpost on my gnarmac bike. It’s excellent. (assuming it’s the S-works version!)

stoney
    Free Member

I know where what you mean nickc… It looks odd but it is supposed to work for shock absorption, again, I`ll give it a go…..

CFH, It is the S Works…..

pictonroad

Bloody hell.

No wonder I never signed up for PPI, what with my eyes working properly. 😉

cheekyget
    Free Member

stoney
    Free Member

Eh!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dont like shimano? Bizarre.

Daffy

I can only assume that you’re red/green colour blind?

stoney
    Free Member

Non of you took the piss out of Zden?k Štybar’s Pink Specialized Crux did you ?????

Pro Bike Profile: Zdeněk Štybar’s Pink Specialized Crux Cyclocross Bike

That`s where the idea came from…..

stoney
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge…

Shimano….. you cannot buy any spare parts at all!!!!. + I have always preferred Campy, with the Solid Brake lever and separate lever, button press……

So there!

stoney
    Free Member

Daffy , No not colour blind… I like pink…. Is that OK?.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

you cannot buy any spare parts at all!

Erm….
    Ever seen the Shimano spares list?

andylc
    Free Member

At least it won’t get stolen.

Daffy

stoney – Member
    Daffy , No not colour blind… I like pink…. Is that OK?.

I have no particular problem with your preference for pink, what bothers me is your apparent abundance of funds and paucity of taste.

njee20
    Free Member

It could have been ok, but the hubs look ridiculous, the EPS ‘shut off’ (WTF?) ruins the down tube and the V-Twin looks shit. IMO.

russyh
    Free Member

Well I like it, it’s individual and its unique.

matt_outandabout

I like it too. Not because I would have that colour scheme, but because he does and it’s always good to see bright, different, fun or just daft colour schemes rather than corporate and on trend colours.

Nice one.

rodderz
    Free Member

Pretty cool. Wheels could be better but I like the idea.

I’d ride it and love it

jools182
    Free Member

On a positive note I like that you’ve done something individual

From a personal perspective – throwing loads of money at something and making it look like it’s a parts bin special

Solo
    Free Member

OP.

Good effort, however, I believe you’ve chosen the wrong shade of pink. Although, looking at the complete build. If you had left the frame in white, your bike would now look like an entry level Genesis.

Perhaps you might have considered consulting one of these, before you settled on your current colour combination?

Yeap, that seat post looks very nasty, I can only hope you get some tangible benefit from it and lets face it, you wouldn’t usually see the thing while riding it, although Cafe stops might provide a somewhat interesting experience. Just sit far enough away from the bike so that should it bring on a flurry of pavement pizza from passers by, at least none of it should splash your shoes.

As for Shimano Vs Campagnolo. Totally differing attitudes to the same solution. I believe the reason Shimano don’t readily make spares available is that in their eyes, when a part of the system fails, it should be replaced rather than repaired.
    As for Campagnolo, I genuinely couldn’t see any justification for the price premium and after speaking to a few folk, who’s knowledge and experience on this subject, I respect. I’ve come to conclude that Campagnolo is purely about choice and personal preference based on nothing else than a desire to have Campagnolo for the sake of having, Campagnolo.
    Personally? I can’t stand the gear shift of Campagnolo, so I’m afraid I can’t join the gang and if that wasn’t enough cycling heresy for you.
    I feel the Shimano split lever system is a better solution.
    Just my opinion.

But, look at it this way, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if nothing else, that colour scheme should act as an effective deterrent against theft.

Enjoy.

Klunk
    Free Member

Perhaps you might have considered consulting one of these, before you settled on your current colour combination?

I think he did and took the complimentary colour wheel quite literally!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Should’ve gone shocking pink, if you were doing shocking pink you’d ve needed MOAR green. It’s a bit like you were scared to commit to really garish and ended up with the most expensive ‘spares’ bike the world has ever known.

4/10.

pictonroad

Forgive my ignorance, what’s an eps and why does it need a shut off?

TiRed

It’s a cross bike – colours are normally a little bright. Looks great 8)

ferrals
    Free Member

I liked the base colour better! The mauvy pink reminds me of those love heart sweets!

But whatever floats your boat…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Stoney –

you cannot buy any spare parts at all!!!!.

drivel.

stumpy01

Looks alright to me. Wouldn’t choose it, but I didn’t so that’s fine.

Not sure on the wheel logo’s, the white bar tape & all that hydraulic brake gubbins.

As someone said above, if I was going for pink I’d have gone for shocking fluo pink, rather than Strawberry Angel Delight.
    Hmmmm, fluo pink with gunmetal grey decals would have looked ace.

Solo
    Free Member

Hot pink, with metalic blue decals and hubs, etc.

warpcow
    Free Member

Meh, I like it. Would’ve gone a little more green though so the hubs looked more ‘integrated’. Maybe something like the seatpost clamp and bartape. Ooh, or green fork with pink front hub!

binners

As a graphic designer with delicate aesthetic sensibilities, who spends a lot of time thinking about the issue of colour, and colour combinations, there really are no words to describe that abomination.

Simply…..

edhornby

I would go black tape and desticker the wheels to tone it down a tad also

please don’t wear a pink jersey – you’ll look like a Giro d’Italia Maglia rosa wannabe

hooli

😯

Yak

Stybar’s is turned up to 11. You are at 9ish. You need Moar. Go big.

dufusdip
    Free Member

I’d swear you had the photos the wrong way round.

Admire the desire to personalise, but it’s a bit insipid. Think you could have done the pink/green stronger and it might have worked.

Like the seatpost, but that is small consolation. Sorry.

But you must have known that it would be marmite before you started and certainly before you posted!

jools182
    Free Member

Yes, a stronger pink would have worked better

That powder pink reminds me of that Nissan micra colour

Daffy

I’m 100% with Binners.

andyl
    Free Member

OP?

rollodes
    Free Member

love it!

noltae
    Free Member

A couple more green details would work – those hubs looks sweet as hell!

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I can’t believe Hope would even offer that colour for the hubs let alone that anyone would actually want to pay money for them. Same comment for the whole bike really, it just looks like a dog’s breakfast.

To quote Dolly Parton “It took a lot of money to look this cheap”.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Another daft colour scheme……’ is closed to new replies.