• This topic has 106 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)
  • Another cyclist assualted….
  • dooosuk
    Free Member

It’s quite straight forward:

1) She asks him not to knock her off

2) He replies to her request with some stern words

3) She flicks a finger(s)

4) He says how dare you

5) He pushes her off

moose
    Free Member

@hilldodger; If she was rude as some believe, she was indeed asking for retaliation. However that retaliation should have extended to nothing more than harsh words. What he did was an unnecessary and illegal escalation.

DezB
    Free Member

All I’m saying is, this is a woman, a female being ATTACKED by a man. A man shouting “COME ON! COME ON THEN!” and this is what we should focus on, whether she wheelied over his pathetic little penis or waved a knuckleduster in his face matters NOT A JOT.

These are the only comments worth anything

he is an irrational violent thug
    Flipping cowardly eejit
    shoving someone when they are on there bike is a dick move
    he is a thug looking for an excuse to bully someone weaker
    hideous & cowardly attack

Unless that kind of violence against women is in any way justifiable in your world.

MSP

But you left out any reference to his words about her giving him the finger……or did he imagine it?

Do you think the rantings of a violent man winding himself up to assault someone should be treated as an accurate portrayal of events?

dooosuk
    Free Member

If only she’d had a bell to ring in the first place!

jekkyl

lol@dez, easy now, people will take you literally.

teasel
    Free Member

Unless that kind of violence against people is in any way justifiable in your world.

Fixed that for you. And no, it’s not.

stretchtoo
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have got involved with the first comment, it was hardly worth it, and pedestrians are quite often already wound up by the shitty infrastructure they have to put up with.

It sounds from his comment, as he was assaulting her, like he while was already overreacting badly to her first comment she gave him the finger.

He’s an arsehole, he’ll be up on assault, if she did give him the finger he’ll get off more lightly.

“Smile and Wave, Boys, Just Smile and Wave.”

moose
    Free Member

Unless that kind of violence against women is in any way justifiable in your world.

I have a friend who is partially sighted due to his refusal to appropriately deal with a violent woman. An acrylic nail can do a great deal of damage to an eyeball.

Violence and confrontation from any gender must be addressed and challenged in an appropriate way. being of a particular gender does not give you a free pass to act like an animal.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

A man shouting “COME ON! COME ON THEN!” and this is what we should focus on, whether she wheelied over his pathetic little penis or waved a knuckleduster in his face matters NOT A JOT.

So, according to you……

If you’re a woman you’re above the law & accepted normal levels of decency & good manners?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus, did she have acrylic nails too?

I’m slowly coming round to the bloke’s point of view.

convert

Dez – I’m not sure anyone is saying what he did was very wrong – you’d have to be kind of weird not to. He was probably just a little ball of impotent anger waiting to explode. Just trying to work out why is exploded right at that moment.

spchantler
    Free Member

I have a friend who is partially sighted due to his refusal to appropriately deal with a violent woman. An acrylic nail can do a great deal of damage to an eyeball.

and whats an appropriate response?

DezB
    Free Member

Dez – I’m not sure anyone is saying what he did was very wrong

Well, using the word “clearly” which I’ve seen a few times on this thread: Clearly mrlebowski thinks she deserved something.

moose
    Free Member

Jesus, did she have acrylic nails too?

I’m slowly coming round to the bloke’s point of view.

Haha, I think she also had a stiletto she was going to hit him with.

He was clearly already an angry man, if it wasn’t that cyclist, I’m sure someone would have copped that rage at some point that day.

DezB
    Free Member

Violence and confrontation from any gender must be addressed and challenged in an appropriate way. being of a particular gender does not give you a free pass to act like an animal.

Wow. Ok, I exaggerated! I guess that doesn’t come across in forum font to some folk!

Northwind

Way I see it… If you take the very worst version of events that the victim-blamers can come up with, he’s still absolutely a total **** assaulting someone without good reason. So blame away, it makes no difference whatsoever, you’re just rearranging deckchairs on a total ****.

nickc

Just trying to work out why is exploded right at that moment.

because she was a target he knew that he could attack with impunity?

teasel
    Free Member

Clearly mrlebowski thinks she deserved something.

Eh…?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So, according to you……

If you’re a woman you’re above the law & accepted normal levels of decency & good manners?

Yes, yes, yes!

That’s exactly what DebZ is saying.

…clearly.

ransos
    Free Member

What he’s done his wrong make no mistake – but lets be honest & look at what we are presented with

A man pushing a woman into a road full of traffic.

moose
    Free Member

@spchantler

That would depend on you. I’m fairly large and have a significant weight advantage to the woman in question. A good arm bar until the police arrive would probably suffice.

What he did was ignore an increasingly violent woman after she had already assaulted him, she then attacked him from behind and got his eye as he lost her shit. He regrets his lack of action, unfortunately hindsight is 20/20, well, not in his case but you get my meaning.

MoreCashThanDash

Having once mouthed off at an impatient driver and then been assaulted, I’m in the “What he did was totally wrong but never antagonise a stranger ” camp with this one.

That in no way undermines the seriousness of what the guy did, but hindsight taught me a valuable lesson.

My driver got a caution for the assault btw – the other thing I learnt that day was that if I was going to assault someone, I wouldn’t have a short and memorable personalised plate on my Audi A3 car.

moose
    Free Member

The guy was an arse. I was bored the other day at work and watched a load of those road rage compilations on YT. Made me realise there are a lot of angry and frustrated road users out there. But the level of violence they go to for the most innocuous incidents is pretty scary.

convert

because she was a target he knew that he could attack with impunity?

In that part of London you could have your pick of vulnerable female cyclists if that was your thing, and just wait there for them to go past and not go to the trouble of running after one! So no, that’s not a good enough reason.

ransos
    Free Member

Having once mouthed off at an impatient driver and then been assaulted, I’m in the “What he did was totally wrong but never antagonise a stranger ” camp with this one.

And that’s your right, but equally, it’s entirely wrong to criticise someone for standing up to a bully.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Clearly mrlebowski thinks she deserved something.

Oh FFS I’ve never said that!

In fact I’ve repeatedly stated my disgust at his actions.

What I have said or roughly is this:

1. It seems he was provoked?
    2. What was it that happened to provoke him?
    3. Be very wary of idling telling someone to F off as you don’t know how they are going to react, if that is indeed what occurred.

At what point does that insinuate I think she deserved to be pushed off her bike?

In fact just to be clear, I’ll say it one more time just for you:

HE’S A SCROAT.

moose
    Free Member

@Convert, most cyclist are vulnerable, unless they can get the drop on an individual and dismount the bike before an assault occurs, you just end up on your arse. SPD/Road shoes are not the best footwear to stand your ground in either.

Clearly he’s someone who will escalate to violence every time he has a confrontation.

letmetalktomark

Two pages and no a single mention of “it could have been a child’s face

Is disappoint.

Even flipping the bird in retaliation to “shut up you mug” really doesn’t warrant pushing a cyclist off into oncoming traffic.

I hope the police are able to have chat.

teasel
    Free Member

I learnt that day was that if I was going to assault someone, I wouldn’t have a short and memorable personalised plate on my car.

🙂

Even flipping the bird in retaliation to “shut up you mug” really doesn’t warrant pushing a cyclist off into oncoming traffic.

Agreed. And I don’t think anyone on this thread has claimed that, though I believe that’s how some sensitive souls have interpreted some opinions.

DezB
    Free Member

HE’S A SCROAT.

It’s spelt SCROTE.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

And that’s your right, but equally, it’s entirely wrong to criticise someone for standing up to a bully.

Thats a good & brave point – but you’d better be able to deal with the consequences of your actions.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Clearly he’s someone who will escalate to violence every time he has a confrontation.

Helmet cam. Asking him to keep out of the way. Possible acrylic nails.

Clearly, this kind of thing would drive the most easy-going guy to push a girl off a bike.

moose
    Free Member

Helmet cam. Asking him to keep out of the way. Possible acrylic nails.

Clearly, this kind of thing would drive the most easy-going guy to push a girl off a bike.

Most definitely.

BoardinBob

The guy in the video is scum.

This is funny however

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIOY2ezMy9A[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

Having watched it again it does seem she gave him the finger….cant see why folks can’t just ride/walk/drive away from trouble rather than go looking for it?

Seems to me you are looking for trouble by simplying being here

No one ever says please dont knock me off then flips the bird.

I assume she waived her hand /arm dismissively and angry man assaulted her.

The only possible interpretation here is he committed an assault and STW has more than its fair share of dicks. Who should be hit repeatedly, in an attempt to knock sense into them, as we all chant well you should have said nothing to justify it . they will nod in agreement about how they provoked the situation as they go off to hospital.

you’d better be able to deal with the consequences of your actions

Yes its definitely the consequences rather than someone going unpredictably apeshit, committing assault and then breaking the law

Can we meet up so I can deliver your consequences? you will agree you have deserved it for your views I assume 🙄

GrahamS

He’s a bloody coward and will no doubt be arrested and prosecuted for assault.

[quote]He’s an arsehole, he’ll be up on assault[/quote]

If she was a pedestrian or a driver then maybe.

But she is a cyclist so it will be the bottom of the heap.

Note that this took place on the 1st of May, nearly four months ago, and the police just released the footage today.

Compare that to the guy scratching the Aston Martin where the video was made public after less than two months and the bloke swiftly arrested.

MoreCashThanDash

If I was better with words I might be able to draw a comparison to some people’s over heated reaction to some of the posts on this thread and shoving a woman off a bike for flicking the finger….

convert

STW has more than its fair share of dicks.

Do I get to push you off the internet now? I have been provoked and all?

teasel
    Free Member

Who should be hit repeatedly, in an attempt to knock sense into them, as we all chant well you should have said nothing to justify it . they will nod in agreement about how they provoked the situation as they go off to hospital.

Anyone care to interpret that for me, it’s a tad too Yoda…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Another cyclist assualted….’ is closed to new replies.