Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Amazing Coincidences?
  • Bregante

I’ll kick off with a couple.

1. A few years ago, we were on Summer Holiday to Cyprus where we met a family from Sunderland, staying in our Hotel. Never exchanged phone numbers or owt but that winter, we went ski-ing in Italy, and they were IN THE SAME HOTEL 😯

2. My Brother had a 1968 Triumph Vitesse which got nicked whilst in the South of France with his mate.. 20 years later he fancied doing one up and was working down south. Saw one in the local auto trader (a wreck) and went to view it. It was the same car. He was so excited he never bothered trying to claim it back, bought it for £1000 and has now completely restored it again. No idea how it got back from France.

samuri
    Free Member

Everytime I lift my leg over a bike, it starts pissing it down.

Stoner
    Free Member

My first night of a two month inter-rail trip of Europe, met a Canadian in a hostel in Paris on his first night in Europe on a two month trip. We hung out together for a couple of days then parted and went our separate ways around the continent.

Roll forward two months and sorting my bunk out in a hostel in Amsertdam on my last night on the continent, and there in the bunk below is Canadian lad, on his last night before going to Lodnon for a week before home.

Had a great evening swapping tall tales of our respective trips.

wwaswas

amazing coincidence – hundreds of people have made purchases at CRC and subsequently had fraudulent activity on the cards they used.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I often find i read a passage or a few words in a book and at the exact same time someone on the radio or TV will say those exact same words.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

I took the winter tyres of the car 2 weeks ago and it snowed yesterday

Bregante

amazing coincidence – hundreds of people have made purchases at CRC and subsequently had fraudulent activity on the cards they used.

Funnily enough,that’s what made me think of the thread. What a coincidence……

I’ll get my coat

Stoner
    Free Member

I often find i read a passage or a few words in a book and at the exact same time someone on the radio or TV will say those exact same words.

stop reading the radio times.

sor
    Free Member

Not sure they quite qualify as coincidences, but mine are rather “it’s a small world” spooky.

In my last job in an office of only 12 people, I met:
    1. an Australian who was bridesmaid to the daughter of the guy who drove my mum to hospital when she went into labour with me almost 40 years ago, and
    2. shared the same birthday as the Norwegian who worked there.

McHamish
    Free Member

I went snowboarding in Banff and someone who grew up in the same street as me and I hadn’t seen for 15 years was on the plane.

Then they were on the same transfer coach.

Then they were in the same hotel.

racefaceec90

yes (but not a pleasant one).back in 1998 after having a drink with my grandfather in town we waited for the bus (he was going home).i was going to meet some friends in town,so when the bus came i said see you later and went to meet my friends.anyway after meeting up with friends around a couple of hours passed,i started to have a really powerful feeling that i should go home (i lived with my grandfather),it just wouldn’t go away/got stronger.so i said to my friends that i was going home as i didn’t feel very well.well to my horror when i got back my grandfather was having a major stroke in his chair (he had suffered previous strokes before)and a week later he was dead 😥 have always wondered if i had gone back home earlier i might have been able to do something quicker.sorry to put a dampener on this thread (i am ok with it now)but it definitely was a weird feeling/experience.

McHamish
    Free Member

Oh, and I once saw someone who I was sure I went to university with.

I ended up saying hello and asking how he was…after a few minutes uncomfortable conversation during which I realised he didn’t recognise me, he ended up coming clean and saying he didn’t know who I was.

A couple of hours later I realised I didn’t know him from university I just recognised him off the TV.

wwaswas

I just recognised him off the TV.

hopefully not crimewatch 😉

AlasdairMc

I grew up in the house facing my wife’s (back garden to back garden), yet didn’t realise this at all until our parents met after we’d been dating for a month or so.

nonk
    Free Member

my brother had wander up mount temple in canada.didnt see another person all day apart from a bloke on the very top who knows me. 😆

Bregante

…and a lad I know who’s a cop, got involved in a “mid air incident” on an Iberia flight from Cuba to Spain (his wife’s Spanish). He ended up restraining a violent passenger and was in the local paper over there. About 12 months later he was playing Golf here in the U.K and ended up in a group with 2 Spanish guys. One of them was the Pilot 😯

meehaja
    Free Member

my primary school best mate who i’d not seen since I was 7 gate crashed my house party when I was 23, 200 miles north of where we had lived, which was odd..

derek_starship
    Free Member

By sheer chance, I bumped two old school friends on Alcatraz of all places!

iDave
    Free Member

of course the chances of these ^^^^ things happening is 100%

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

friend of mine called up a girl through guardian sole mates, turns out she lives next door to him so he went round and spied an ex hire bike I’d sold to her last year… this is half way across the world as well.

tell me that’s not strange!

Oggles
    Free Member

I had my iTunes on shuffle last night, with no window visible. As one song ended I started singing the words to the next song before it had started.

Bregante

I had my iTunes on shuffle last night, with no window visible. As one song ended I started singing the words to the next song before it had started.

Time to buy tune number 3 then? 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

What a coincidence that, when viewed from the Earth, the Moon is the same size as the Sun. Makes an eclipse worth watching just for that.

orena45

We moved into a new build last year which had been continuously delayed for nearly 12 months so when we finally got to moving in, we got BT to sort come and connect us with our new randomly assigned phone number. The number they assigned us was the exact same phone number that was my Gran’s who died a couple of years previously! Still occassionaly get phonecalls for her from salesfolk which is always a bit weird.

derek_starship
    Free Member

orena45 – that is very, very weird.

*gulps*

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

1 Camping holiday in the North East of Scotland a few years back a Dutch family were pitched next to us. We packed up and were have for a few days then decided to go to Dunvegan on the west of Skye, the same dutch family as well as another Scottish family were already there.

2 On another forum someone from Canada was looking for a specific radio control car to buy. I emailed him with details of one I had. To cut a long story short – he used to race here and knew my cousin really well.

3 A few weeks ago was in an outdoor shop, and as it was -6 outside and I was still wearing shorts, one of the female staff commented and we got talking – it turned out that she was the girlfriend of an engineer that has been coming into our office for years.

The world is a small place.

shmuk
    Free Member

What a coincidence that, when viewed from the Earth, the Moon is the same size as the Sun. Makes an eclipse worth watching just for that

That’s deliberate, not coincidence…

BigJohn

Statistically, coincidences occur at exactly the same rate as they should!

Amazing – what a coincidence!

carlosg
    Free Member

At school one of my best mates (now my brother in law) was 1 day older than me , his mum is also 1 day older than my mum and they were in beds next to each other before and after our births.

lunge

I was in a hostel in San Diego talking to a Kiwi girl who I had never seen or met before. Turns out she had worked in the UK, in the town I grew up in and had drunk in my local pub. Very odd.

Also, had a day trip to london with my then girlfriend and literally bumped into my parents as we walked along the Thames by the London Eye. They had also decided to have a day trip there. Bare in mind they live near Birmingham and I was at uni in Northampton at the time.

Philby

Bumped into a couple who went to the gym I go to in Bristol in the foyer of a very small hotel in Luang Prabang, Laos.

Mate from where I grew up in and went to school with in West Yorkshire came into a pub I was in in a small place in Hertfordshire.

Hairychested
    Free Member

My ex-boss booked herself an apartment in Tunisia lat Winter. Didn’t tell anybody, let alone her OH.
    The day before she was due to fly out she learnt hes sister booked an apartment right next door to hers and was flying the same flight with her seat being next to the sister’s.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I have a few running into people in strange places. More obsucre as the list.

1. Ran in to a freind of a friend in valley on the kings in Eygpt.

2. Standing in a que in a shop in Cairns Australia. Turn round when I heard a voice I thought I knew. A guy I use to work with was standing behind me, not seen him for 5 years.

3. But the best. We were in Peru and get on a bus in Cusco, a couple get on and sit in front of us, he turns out to be a lad I went to school with 20 years ago.

Its a small world.

z1ppy

Not as freaky as most but..once years back, I stopped at a service station late at night, wallet on the floor in the middle of the pumps… no-one around so a subtly swooped it up, paid and left.. Inspected the wallet, it was my best m8’s, who I was on the way to see… (he lived over 10miles away from the service station).

CountZero

Driving into Bristol one sunny afternoon with the radio on, and there was some series about girl groups on, and they were playing the Shangrila’s Leader Of The Pack. Gets to the bit where the bike starts revving, and I’m saying to my mate who’s driving, “what bike d’you reckon they used? A Triumph?”. At that exact moment, and virtually in sync with the record, a bloke on the other side of the road revs a Harley a couple of times! We look at each other, laugh and both say “yup, a Harley”. Love those sort of coincidences.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

Went to an interview at Birmingham uni, was standing in the queue for lunch and recognised they guy in front as someone I’d met on holiday 2 years before.

My daughter made friends with a little girl she met on holiday in Fuertaventura, got chatting with her parents and discovered they lived in the next village from my parents. the little girls mum was about my age so asked if I knew anyone from her school, I mentioned a girl who I was mates with and it turned out to be her cousin!

Was on a 2 week holiday in the Ardeche one summer with my fiancee, we went sport-climbing on one day and ended up parked next to some mates from my Uni climbing club who had retreated from their mountaineering trip to the Alps becuase of thunderstorms.

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

What a coincidence that, when viewed from the Earth, the Moon is the same size as the Sun. Makes an eclipse worth watching just for that
    That’s deliberate, not coincidence…

Its not deliberate and it is only coincidence at the moment. The moon is constantly moving away from earth so there will be a point at which total solar eclipses are no longer possible.

BigJohn

I remember a couple of days after Richard Wright died I got out of the car at home, but the CD was still playing.

Except it wasn’t, it was a bloke in a car with the winddow open, playing the same Floyd track as I had been.

Hardly surprising that a couple of middle aged guys would have the same idea then was it?

Its not deliberate

It is deliberate. I know the chap who did it and you wouldn’t want to get on the dark side of him.

penguinni

A friend and I were reminiscing one evening and he mentioned an old girlfriend of mine. I went on to say that despite living in the same small town I had not seen or heard of her in well over a year. At that exact moment my phone rang and it was that girl. She said she had just been thinking about me and had called for a chat. I was speechless.

Cougar

An old friend who I’ve not seen in, oh, ten years at least, popped up on Facebook a month or two back. We swapped pleasantries, turns out he still lives locally.

A week later, I’m out on the bike down the canal towpath, and bumped into him coming the other way.

Of course, coincidences always seem pretty wild till you think of how many times a coincidence doesn’t happen. The odds of winning the lottery are infinitesimal, yet someone wins it regularly away.

It is deliberate. I know the chap who did it and you wouldn’t want to get on the dark side of him.

God’s to-do list

DAY 1: create light.

DAY 4: create light source.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Amazing Coincidences?’ is closed to new replies.