Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • All female cabinet?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Whilst I don’t disagree with the ultimate goal, I can just imagine the uproar if anyone ever suggested an all male group to sort out our countries issues..

martinhutch

The current cabinet is surely gender equality at its zenith?

All utterly useless and self-serving, regardless of gender.

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

imagine the uproar if anyone ever suggested an all male group to sort out our countries issues.

Village People.

Toe tapping if nothing else.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’d take any emergency cabinet to at least give a second referendum or even revoke A50… Within reason.

footflaps

Theresa May / Andrea Leadsom, hardly a great advert for the female political argument…

loum
    Free Member

Anyone who looks at the current lot and thinks that is the problem seems a bit stupid for government.

Would still get my vote as an improvement though

niksnr
    Free Member

Why? Genuine question. Females can be dicks too. Just like Mtbers, drivers, ramblers, horse riders, etc. I think an equal representation would be more beneficial to get a more balanced approach. An all female/male government is a step backwards in my opinion. Also people, whatever gender, have to be interested in politics (or dipping their fingers in the honeypot, whichever way you look at it) to be motivated enough to put themselves out there and gain momentum for a political campaign. Inspiring our youth in the right manner is a must.

scotroutes

Typical nonsense response to the situation from the Green Party. Anyway, as the Greens also support gender self-id who even thinks there would be any change?

bikebouy
    Free Member

No from me.

Needs to be balanced and equitable.

Which means the current crop of self serving narrow minded idiots should all resign today, leaving way for a future of FPTP representation.

IMO

teesoo

This seems utterly nuts to me. Firstly, its sexist, and as has been said above, women can be dicks too (Andrea Leadsom/Esther McVey/Priti Patel to name a few).

doris5000

yeah i like the Greens but they’re wrong on this one IMO.

scotroutes

women can have dicks too

FTFY woke bro

Swelper
    Free Member

Just seen this posted from another site

“If any male politician had suggested an all male Brexit party he would at the very minimum be dragged over the coals and asked to resign?
    Since she came out with this suggestion there has been a flurry of women coming on various radio chat shows in her defence. It’s OK for women to spout discrimination but would spell the death knell if a man uttered the same for a men-only-Brexit cabinet.”

scotroutes

At least the Cabinet room would have nice curtains, though they’d probably spend ages deciding who had to make the tea.

gobuchul
    Free Member

So fringe politician comes out with meaningless sound bite and gets loads of publicity.

Sounds like anyone we know?

dissonance

Why? Genuine question.

My guess would be its the only way she could think to get some attention from the media.

kayak23

Oh. Thought this thread was about gender-based furniture….

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Clearly not a cabinet is it kayak. That’s a wine rack.

leffeboy

sniggers at ‘rack’, I feel a little bad now

martymac

That would make a rubbish wine rack, wooden tit?

handybar
    Free Member

I’d rather there were 20 MPs from the different 20 genders (and counting) – Lucas is a transphobe implying there are only 2 genders at the end of the day!

convert

When you are in a hole always best to stop digging….

It is a generalisation and there are plenty of exceptions, but I would argue, generally and in my experience, women tend to be less tribal and tend to find it easier to establish trust more quickly.

If a male public figure were to say “It is a generalisation and there are plenty of exceptions, but I would argue, generally and in my experience, men tend to be less to catty and get over arguments more quickly” he’d be getting a slap.

Has now apologied for not including any BAME women in her list.

There are women of colour colleagues who are standing up to this government’s reckless gamble with Britain’s future, and it was wrong to overlook them. I apologise to them and all who’ve been hurt by their exclusion.

I suspect there are plenty of recently converted (as seen by their wee spike in popularity) Green voting men feeling a little bit marginalised. I think I might be one of them.

My guess would be its the only way she could think to get some attention from the media.

I fear that might be right – I thought they were better than that. Choosing the right people to do this or any other job should never ever be done by gender or ethnicity and more than a bit depressed that their most visible spokesperson might want to say so.

stevious

All of the people I’ve seen objecting to this idea are men.

convert

All of the people I’ve seen objecting to this idea are men.

When you find yourself using the words of Liz Truss to disprove a comment and because they make sense there maybe a tear in the space time continuum and we are all about to disappear up are own arseholes….

Is there anything more sexist than claiming your gender determines your worldview/behaviour/attitude?

ctk
    Free Member

martymac

Subscriber
    That would make a rubbish wine rack, wooden tit?

LOL

Caroline Lucas has kind of lost her head since Brexit vote, but blatant sexism and borderline racism is still a surprise.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I bet they’d implement Sharia law and force us all to be vegan too

boomerlives
    Free Member

Theresa May / Andrea Leadsom, hardly a great advert for the female political argument…

Unutterably useless and Liz Truss still on the subs bench

eddie11
    Free Member

It’s a nice little sound bite that sheds light on the absurd unrepresentativeness of our current cabinet. And triggered the triggerers. 8/10

kelvin

Also a good list of MPs drawn from across the house. I’d vote for most of them if they were my MP, irrelevant of party. Very mischievous of Lucas to highlight them in the media in this way… canny I’d say.

stevied
    Free Member

Thought this was about a new Orange ladies bike…is disappointed 🙁

5thElefant
    Free Member

Can we clone Maggie (god bless her)? A whole cabinet of Maggies would shake things up. Why stop with just a cabinet…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Can we clone Maggie (god bless her)?

The only cabinet i’d like to see her in is six foot long, made of oak and has brass handles.

5thElefant
    Free Member

The only cabinet i’d like to see her in is six foot long, made of oak and has brass handles.

Misogynist!

convert

I’m surprised to hear you say that Perchy. After all it is a commonly known fact that women find it easier to establish trust than men…..Caroline told me that.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m surprised to hear you say that Perchy

You shouldn’t be. My hatred for the woman is well documented and well founded.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘All female cabinet?’ is closed to new replies.