Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Aggressive tread 650b plus tyres
  • stevedoc
    Free Member

Now I’m well aware there are those who thing 27.5 fat, 650b plus or what ever you call it is another passing fad but I sold.
    Im looking for an aggressive tread patterned tyre, I running the pacestar Nobby that came with bike and while tyre are ace in he dry they are a pain in the mud, other than the Maxxis cronical is there anything else out there that would cut the mudsterd (sorry bad pun) In an Ideal world maxxis should do a 27.5×3.2 shorty

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    This may or may not help you but I was in Bikescene in guisborough last weekend and was looking at a stump jumper 650b+ Demo bike and Andy said they had replaced the standard rear tyre withe something more aggressive.
    Didn’t take any notice of what it was but you could give them a call
    Cheers
    Steve

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ignore that, I missed the fat bit.

benpinnick

The NNIc is the most ‘aggressive’ tread I found when testing out +. Alas, it only lasted about 50km before I destroyed both tyres, but it was good while it lasted.

pigyn
    Free Member

WTB Bridger, bar far the most aggressive B+ rubber

stevedoc
    Free Member

Went looking and found this http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-gear/maxxis-adds-new-fat-bike-27-5-and-trail-tires/

Maxxis may have done right here , will have a look at the Specialized pergatory 3.0 aswell , just spoilt with a shorty ancor up front on my Full suss

singlespeedstu

Got a 2.8 Maxxis Rekon and I’d say it’s not any better in the mud than the 2.8/3.00NN’s i also have.
    There’s a Maxxis Highroller2 and another Maxxis + tyre on the way.
    Have you looked at the Duro Miner or the Vee Crown Gem?

sillyoldman

Not convinced there is a good mud plus tyre possibility. Too floaty due to the width, and if the knobs are spiky enough to work despite the float, they’d drag like hell.

Ride my plus bike when it’s dry enough, and love it is off camber woodsy stuff, but it’s hopeless in the wet – just ride 29er wheels with Conti Barons then.

Waiting for a plus tyre with a more supportive sidewall and a decent edge to it – then it’ll rock. Still only in drier conditions mind, but my god – it’ll rock!

I know it’ll weigh ~1300g+ but don’t care.

roverpig

If you think NN are bad you should try the WTB Trailblazers 🙂 Coming from the Trailblazers I found the NN had much better grip in the mud but much more drag. Mind you, we don’t really get proper mud up here.

How about the Surly Dirt Wizard

Never ridden one, but there is a pretty positive review here

variflex
    Free Member

sillyoldman…. I think u may be right. b+ works well up to about 2 inches of slop and then washout becomes a problem and normal tyres fair better, hence why I still think a 29er frame with two sets of wheels works best rather than a dedicated plus bike. just my opinion

singlespeedstu

Agreed.
    That’s why I’ve just had some 29er wheels built for this.
    With the adjuster chip and two sets of wheels it’s a dedicated B+ and 29er. 😀

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FhAJM9]IMGP0604[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

davros

WTB trail boss on CRC for £20 here

Cheap for b+

boxelder

Those Trail boss only show in stock in the clearance section. Ordered, but suspect out of stock.

boxelder

Kenda Havok?

stevedoc
    Free Member

Cheers for the advise , i think the Rekons have it ,just got to find em now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Aggressive tread 650b plus tyres’ is closed to new replies.