Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • A Trike/Buggy for Yummy Mummies – what do we think of this then?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Saw this reviewed in The Observer yesterday? Apologies if it’s been done already and not sure it’s for Chat or Bike Forum. Anyway, from our dutch friends, I give you the Taga; converts easily from stroller to kid-carrying trike. Sort of wonder why it’s not been done before…apart from in someone’s shed. And if you’re wondering why I’m saying it’s for Yummy Mummies, the Observer said that for me. All your for £1695!!

Linky

falkirk-mark

Could think of lots more to do with £1700

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, me too…how long before we see them in Richmond Park, or Wimbledon Common though?

It’s not a lot of money to some people. I kinda like it…silly price apart.

samuri
    Free Member

Seat’s too low.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

LOL! Let’s try and keep it constructive now…oh, you did!

falkirk-mark

Do you think if you pulled the brake hard enough you could do an endo and scare the cr&p out the kid?

callous
    Free Member

There was a very similiar bike/pram at the Cycle show about 2 years ago but the ‘pram’ was actually a proper enclosed pram made from moulded plastic.
    It was a cracking idea but did cost a grand, the good thing was the bike and pram did a ‘starship enterprise’ type seperation so you could cycle to the shops, park the bike and push the pram around.

aracer
    Free Member

Borrowing ideas from
    http://www.bakfiets.nl/eng/models_cargo_bike.php – but making it a bit more trendy. The idea of converting into a pushchair is quite cool, but it’s got to be a bit of a cumbersome pushchair (ie harder to get up steps etc.) So I think the idea of actually separating off the pushchair bit has to be better.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Looks like a neat idea!
    Though I wonder how easily it converts, and what sort of weight it is.
    Oh and I wonder what the steering feels like too 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

if it means they use that instead of a range rover to cart the kiddies around then i’m all for it! i imaginge youngsters would love riding around in it as well.

chewkw
    Free Member

That looks similar to these? 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m not surprised there have been similar ideas but I’m assuming it wouldn’t have gone on display in The Design Museum without a patent…which, again, I’m assuming is for the function whereby it switches from a trike to a buggy. It’s made from 6061 aluminium so can’t be all that heavy I guess.

Still think it’s a reasonably neat idea and if I had the money to chuck away and the need, I might have one. Looks like you get up some decent speed on it too.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Looks like you get up some decent speed on it too.

i don’t know how fast i’d want to go with my offpsring acting as a crumple zone!

aracer
    Free Member

It’s made from 6061 aluminium so can’t be all that heavy I guess.

http://www.austal.com/index.cfm?objectid=445790F8-A0CC-3C8C-D977A8769200300A is also made of aluminium.

scruff
    Free Member

Makes the kid look a bit special though dunt it.

-m-
    Free Member

Oh and I wonder what the steering feels like too

Looks kind of un-natural, but I suppose you’d have to try it.

It would be interesting to see how well those long, unsupported ‘steerer’ tubes work. It looks like they could be pretty horrific if badly engineered…

chameleon78
    Free Member

Did someone say ‘Yummy’ Mummy? judging by that photo I think not!!

joemarshall
    Free Member

There is a Danish one, where the pushchair bit detaches, leaving you with a bike to ride too.

Ah, http://www.triobike.co.uk/default.asp?clicked=359

Joe

Oggles
    Free Member

Ridiculous pricing. 🙄 You could buy a bike frame for that sort of money!
    Needs more yummy mummy content!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Now you’re just being obstreperous! 😛

theflatboy
    Free Member

There is a Danish one, where the pushchair bit detaches, leaving you with a bike to ride too.

Ah, http://www.triobike.co.uk/default.asp?clicked=359

i see how the pushchair bit clips onto the fork mounts, but what happens to the spare front wheel from the bike when you do that?

epicyclo

Price is worth it if you knock out a few sprogs to make it worthwhile. Still saleable at the end too…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Also can be used for children up to 6 (or 3 in America 😆 ) so over time, doesn’t seem too bad.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Anything that gets Yummy Mummies out of their Chelsea Tractors, and onto bikes, is a winner, imo…. 😉

montylikesbeer

camera in shot and grass cut too short…………..school boy errors.

Nice idea though……………..but over £1600 !!!!!

Haze

Only 1 at a time though?

theflatboy
    Free Member

grass cut too short

😆

Smee
    Free Member

Yummy Mummy – is that just a middle class way of saying MILF?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes Smee…I believe it is, also a phrase that can be used in respectable print…but in essence, we all know what it means.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘A Trike/Buggy for Yummy Mummies – what do we think of this then?’ is closed to new replies.