Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 226 total)
  • A serious question for ernie lynch.
  • surfer
    Free Member

There is after all, a difference between between being 'clever' and being 'correct'. I know which one I prefer to be.

Once you have responded to Ton's request above we can all make up our own minds. You have made unsubstantiated assertions from what I can gather and you have refused to provide evidence.

Maybe you can ask Barnselymitch why he said to you "Back under your rock you nazi c*ckmonkey" ?

This is not evidence in itself. Are you happy that this provides sufficient proof?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

There is after all,
    a difference between between being 'clever' and being 'correct'.

yes, intelligence can be roughly measured, whereas opinions of correctness are wildy divergent!

In your case enfht, I think you are probably a bit thick

you seem very free with this judgement on people, particularly when it's not strictly relevant – is there any evidence that clever people are any more consistently right than normal or dim ones ? They might actually be more prone to flights of delusional fanatsy or idealism…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Once you have responded to Ton's request above we can all make up our own minds. You have made unsubstantiated assertions …..

Surely the fact that I have made "unsubstantiated assertions" as you claim, is sufficient for you to "make up your mind" ? 😕

I think you might have missed the point surfer. It is whether I consider I am right which decides whether I am content or not, not what you think. I am perfectly happy with the thought of you thinking that I am talking bollox
    ……why should it be a problem for me ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

is there any evidence that clever people are any more consistently right than normal or dim ones ?

No.

Well not concerning the things which tend to matter to me anyway.

you seem very free with this judgement

I'm fairly sure enfht was passing judgement on my intelligence – I simply returned the favour. The only difference is that I said I wasn't sure……….furthermore, I don't really care 🙂

MKCHRIS
    Free Member

You guys are fantastic.

When are you on Question Time?

surfer
    Free Member

Surely the fact that I have made "unsubstantiated assertions" as you claim, is sufficient for you to "make up your mind" ?

I think you might have missed the point surfer. It is whether I consider I am right which decides whether I am content or not, not what you think. I am perfectly happy with the thought of you thinking that I am talking bollox
    ……why should it be a problem for me ?

Not really, they may become substantiated and then my opinion may change.
    There are several points however you seem to manipulate arguments simply due to the fact that you post often volumous responses with regularity. It reminds me of the Woody allen (sp?) quote, and I paraphrase, 90% of success is turning up! its a quote I use occasionally when I pick up prizes, although not as often as I would like!
    A point that many consider important is the assertions you made earlier and whilst i enjoy your posts and often agree with them you do go to far and then ignore/refuse to substantiate what are occasonally spurious accusations.
    To get back to the "point" do you have evidence or are you just waiting for everybody to get fed up and then you can move on?

enfht
    Free Member

Ernie when you disagree with people you feel it's your right to insult them. RudeBoy was the same and we all know where that got him. Do you really want to end up naked, drunk and making a twit of yourself infront of your peers?! 😆

Is it any coincidence you being both blinkered AND a marxist?!?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

To get back to the "point" do you have evidence….

Well let me try to help you with that one. According to you I haven't. So perhaps you can come to the conclusion that I am talking bollox and bombadillo did not make a single racist comment ?

How's that ? Does it help ?

RudeBoy was the same and we all know where that got him.

Yeah, he got banned. Are you worried that I might get banned then ?

enfht
    Free Member

I assume you feel that the term "racist" is highly derogatory, no?

If you can't substantiate your claim that Ton is racist then given the gravity of the accusation you could indeed qualify for a ban imo

But hey don't worry Ernie, you won't be subject to a kangaroo court and summary execution even if that's how your idol dealt with things "back in the day". 8)

surfer
    Free Member

To get back to the "point" do you have evidence….

Well let me try to help you with that one. According to you I haven't. So perhaps you can come to the conclusion that I am talking bollox and bombadillo did not make a single racist comment ?

I think your clear inability to substantiate your assertions and your subsequent attempts to obscure the "point" would lead many (including myself) to conclude you have no evidence. I think the appropriate action is for you to apologise.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think the appropriate action is for you to apologise.

LOL ! Thanks for the advise …. it genuinely made me laugh out loud ! But no, I won't be doing that 😀

BTW surfer just out of interest, since bombadillo said, and I quote :

"i was however called nasty names by ernie, simon, barnsleytmitch, junkyard and quite a few others."

Do you think there should be a long queue of people waiting to "apologise" to bombadillo ? 😀

enfht
    Free Member

surfer
    Free Member

BTW surfer just out of interest, since bombadillo said, and I quote :

"i was however called nasty names by ernie, simon, barnsleytmitch, junkyard and quite a few others."

Do you think there should be a long queue of people waiting to "apologise" to bombadillo ?

Obfuscation, we have come to expect nothing less.

Glad I cheered you up.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Sorry, wrong thread!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

So perhaps you can come to the conclusion that I am talking bollox and bombadillo did not make a single racist comment

I suppose it all depends on whether you choose to use the "Clapham omnibus" definition of racist comment, or your own special definition of racist comment – ie. anything that ernie_lynch disagrees with…

Given ernie's recent performance, I'm wondering if he now has a selection of "boo" words/phrases that he thinks will negate any argument or discussion from someone who disagrees with him on any subject
    "Right wing nutter"
    "Racist"
    "Fascist"

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Do you think there should be a long queue of people waiting to "apologise" to bombadillo ?

well I did, for my unkind fattist remarks, which I hadn't realised he was taking to heart. However, on the racism front the situation is less clear – certainly ton has posted several threads complaining about foreigners pestering him at work or taking phone centre calls, but perhaps it's some lesser form of grumpy xenophobia ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FFS. This has to be the saddest thread ever produced here.

Kit
    Free Member

Good Lord, what a depressing thread 🙁

MrNutt
    Free Member

boring.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

However, on the racism front the situation is less clear – certainly ton has posted ……

I said to you before SFB, when you said ton, quote : "makes me wince with his undercurrent of racism"

#
    ernie_lynch – Member

Well I don't detect any 'undercurrent of racism', and I have a fairly low tolerance threshold when it comes to racism.

What I do detect, is someone refuses to comply with political correctness requirements, something which I share a lot of sympathy with. He does like to wind up, in his subtle sort of way, the Guardian reading PC brigade.

Posted 4 days ago #

I could be wrong, but I have never noticed ton being racist on here. bombadillo on the other hand, did make some very dodgy comments. To the point where Barnsleytmitch called him a nazi c*ckmonkey 😐

Jamie
    Free Member

Kit:

Good Lord, what a depressing thread

MrNutt:

boring.

+1

Dobbo

ernie_lynch – Member

At last enfht, something which we might actually agree on – I am most clearly not "one of the smartest people on here". There are plenty of people on here who are indisputably 'smarter' than me.

Got to agree with you on that one. 😆

surfer
    Free Member

To the point where Barnsleytmitch called him a nazi c*ckmonkey

You have mentioned this several times, regardless of Barnsleymitch where is your evidence. The site records all the posts for whatever period, surely if it exists you can find it?
    My last post on the matter.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I've stayed out of this thread, on account of the fact that I don't know any of you as I'm not a stw regular poster really. But, reading through this and looking at bombadillo's previous posts, I've got to say it all seems somewhat overblown for a 4 page thread.

Oh, and additionally: "To the point where Barnsleytmitch called him a nazi c*ckmonkey" doesn't make him any more of a racist than if I called you a unicycle riding juggler makes you a unicycle riding juggler. In fact, maybe someone can quote me and then it'll be regarded as fact?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

we have it on record that ernie is considered to be a unicycle juggler.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

In that case, I stand corrected.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I agree with the boring depressing etc quotes btw. I said myself yesterday :

ernie_lynch – Member

Gosh ton, I can't believe that you appear to be determined to keep this ridiculous thread going

For whatever reason, some people don't seem to want to let this thread die. Since the thread's 'subject matter' is nominally me, I feel a vague responsibility to respond, even though it should be clear by now that I'm not really interested in arguing the toss…

Kit
    Free Member

did make some very dodgy comments. To the point where Barnsleytmitch called him a nazi c*ckmonkey

Read the thread in question. No comments were made by Tony which justified the "nazi c*ckmonkey" insult, and by continually dragging this issue out (and refusing to honour Tony's request of proof of his racism) you're proving yourself to be a nasty, vindictive wee fanny who clearly has precious little else in his life to satisfy him outwith of getting involved in arguments/discussions on here.

Dobbo

ernie_lynch is nazi c*ckmonkey.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Move along, there's nothing to see….

Dobbo

ernie_lynch is racist I know that for a fact because Dobbo called him a nazi c*ckmonkey.

That's the way it works then?

enfht
    Free Member

I blame Che

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

one might speculate whether a nazi c*ckmonkey would be able to juggle unicycles?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

That's the way it works then?

I have already said, if you feel the lack of evidence proves that bombadillo did not post any dodgy stuff, then despite the fact that "ernie, simon, barnsleytmitch, junkyard and quite a few others" perhaps thought different, then you are free to come to your own conclusions.

I have already said that imo, ton has never been noticeably racist – I first made that comment 4 days ago. The bombadillo persona was imo different. How difficult is that to understand ?

bananaworld
    Free Member

Please, please stop now everyone.

Please.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

if you feel the lack of evidence proves that bombadillo did not post any dodgy stuff

😆 Hahahahahahahaha! Out **** Standing

*Best Post Ever!*

Brycey
    Free Member

It's a bit odd that anyone (myself included) would devote any of their life to reading a four page post where a (apparent) stranger asked whether or not another forum user ever posted/contributed to cycling topics; much less waste further time bombarding the guy with 'hilarious' left wing images, or generally ganging up on him.

Ride your bikes saddos!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Ride your bikes saddos!

this is what we do in between

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Hahahahahahahaha! Out **** Standing

Yes it's hilarious Ratty, isn't it ………… that I can't be bothered to argue the toss.

Still don't let that bother you ….. keep impressing me with your posts.

Dobbo

You seem to be posting a fair bit for someone who "can't be bothered to argue the toss." 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 226 total)

The topic ‘A serious question for ernie lynch.’ is closed to new replies.