Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • A new low – double glazing advice sought
  • freddyg
    Free Member

It has been a great number of years since I last purchased new glazing for a house. We have recently inherited a little cash and, as the windows need doing, thought we’d put it towards this.

Can any of you recent do-er-up-ers pass on any recommendations regarding the best ‘stuff’ to use? Is ‘K’ glass still the thing to have? Are narrow or wide glazing gaps best? Any advances in frame technology to look out for?

Many thanks in advance.

TPTcruiser

K is at it’s limits and there are soft coatings that provide better insulation performance, U values. Argon in the gap can be good. Price/performance as usual. How deep are your pockets?
    Glass and Glazing Federation

donsimon
    Free Member
    tony24
    Free Member

you will hear many companys say A* rating bla bla bla. just get a good quality system Veka, rehau etc and use a company that gets good quality glass units and you will have no problems for 10 + years.

Its when people get cheap systems and companys that cut corners that the systems are draughty and rubbers fail etc.

same with anything you get what you pay for i have been fitting the stuff for 6 years in that time not a great deal has changed…

freddyg
    Free Member

Thanks folks. Some good starters to go at. Sorry for the tardy reply – I’ve been out on my bike. Yay! 8)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Anything using linear products by hl plastics. Currently taking the market by storm so I’m told.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I’ve been using eurocell recently. Very good product and very very competitively priced, just about the cheapest round these parts. The only downside is I’ve found them to be a little slow compared top local companies

tony24
    Free Member

Dont eurocell use a duroflex profile?

freddyg
    Free Member

<runs off to google Eurocell and Duroflex>

wrightyson
    Free Member

Eurocell don’t fabricate their own windows, they go off to fabricators who then use their product. And no Eurocell Is Eurocell profile. They have bought up other companies of late and have kept the name and tooling on. Give linear a try you won’t be disappointed!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘A new low – double glazing advice sought’ is closed to new replies.