Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • A few surf pics from yesterday.
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

Not a great camera so pics are poor. surf at brims ness was good to watch from the road.check the waves breaking above the white house.

http://photos-by-martin.digimig.co.uk/c1902569.html

Rickos
    Free Member

Nice faceplant at the Hossegor Pro from yesterday.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=919693519687

[video]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=919693519687[/video]

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Firing big time!!

Any of you surfing them?

lucien

Is this a bike forum?

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Me and Mrs big surfer will be at saunton or putts tomorrow and sunday. Really out of shape only been once in the last year and that was last sunday. Suspect we will struggle to get out of the breakers if it is as big as predicted on sat. Will b happy just to get a few good washing machines. Don’t you just love autumn.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Will be in all weekend if it’s good. Not been in since it was firing last week – dammit.

sc-xc

lucien – Member
    Is this a bike forum?

does it really matter? 🙄

bigsurfer
    Free Member

sorry phone keeps posting twice

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Hopefully the 30-40mph winds will calm down enought to be able to get out tommorrow. You know its going to be hairy when breaks that usually only work on a northerly swell are breaking on a swell from teh opposite direction 🙂
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow morning.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Getting very excited know, weather looked better on the north coast today than in East Devon, lets hope the wind stays lightish.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Forecast says 6 to 8 ft for the north coast of Devon/Cornwall.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I would love to have the skill to surf/survive at brims ness but as you can see,the rocks are a bit crazy. the last time i was there i stood out at the point and noticed some rocks jutting out of the water around 60ft out.i pictured it being quite deep out that far but i was wrong.

i ended up at strathy and it nearly went flat. so i didnt even go in after getting changed.

besides.. i was sponging. not a real surfer.

carlphillips
    Free Member

looking at going out local south coast early this morning, mothercombe if the winds pick up overnight, elsewhere if it stays light. hoping it’ll be good as not enough time to get to north coast.

jam-bo

Days like that look good but in reality tend to be bastard hard to surf.

Sunday looks promising for the north coast.

Crell
    Free Member

Martin,
    Any chance of a copy of dig_surf_trip_strathy_1.JPG for a desktop wallpaper? It just makes me want to drive (for 6 hours) to get there.

My email is in my profile.

That makes 2 spongers then 🙂

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Martin – a shame but there you go, that’s surfing!

High hopes for Sunday. Tomorrow might even be okay.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Stupid bloody cold. 🙁

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

SM – I like to try and get rid of a cold by going in anyway. Which makes it much worse!

martinxyz
    Free Member

I might even have a better quality pic from strathy on a cd somewhere. its deffo sharper than yesterdays pics. its got that same look about it. a bit like a painting with the sun on the land.

mat, when you wrote “thats a shame”.. i thought you meant the “being a sponger” part to begin with. lol

I do feel a bit alien turning up at thurso east.it looked spot on, not too scary for my ability (but i would have still got a good pummeling)but i always feel like surfers would turn their noses up if you got in.boarding alone with slabs covered in kelp is a bit scary. ive spoken to a few guys that have surfed there for years and they say its just the occasional brushing over the kelp that you feel. who knows. I wouldnt like to face plant in a foot of water with nobody there! having said that, a kayaker was paddling with the surfers at melvich.. who knows if he got out alive or not. heh.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Martin – not surfed Truro but surfed a lot of other reefs. They definitely need treating with respect. As for bodyboarding – not into it myself but seen some amazing skills on waves too fast for any surfers.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I meant Thurso! Damn predictive text!

Most evil reef I surfed (alone) was nr Kaikoura, S NZ- a truly spooky wave. Had one of NZs best known surfers ask me how it was as I got out – I was chuffed.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Harlyn was lovely just now!

carlphillips
    Free Member

i had some fun at mothercombe rivermouth this morning, not great waves but just really chilled and really friendly guys in the water sharing ‘party waves’ just like it used to be before the sport attracted too many total cocks who sit all grumpy in the line up trying to look cool.

i should’ve taken my longboard but the twinny fish was good fun.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Saunton was really hard work today. Putts looked better but pretty busy. Got high hopes for tomorrow will have time for a good scope to find the best spot.

rhys
    Free Member

Crantock was great early this afternoon

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Possible STW surf meet sometime?! I’d be well up for it!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d love hundreds of people from all over the country to arrive at my local.

Oh wait, that happens every Saturday.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Putts looked better but pretty busy.

I rather not surf than give that ****, Rob Tucker, £7.50 to park my car.

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

Ooooooooo, I could be up for that. I need to meet some new people.

Apparently. 🙂

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

Good point from sponging machine up there. I surf Bournemouth and whilst its mostly really bad I can’t remember the last time I paid to park and surf.

Its only £3 at Kimmeridge, free if its midweek or early.

Crell
    Free Member

Martin, spot on!

Looks like I now have a pass to do Rob Barber’s weekend later this month as well! 8)

carlphillips
    Free Member

nice little wave at bantham this morning.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘A few surf pics from yesterday.’ is closed to new replies.