Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • A couple of recommendations required…
  • votchy
    Free Member

Gear cables – continuous outer to be fitted to Orange 5, what do you suggest?

Long finger gloves – need to replace the 661 Raji's that have fell to pieces, non padded, hard wearing, cool (both temp and looks)?

Hope ceramic BB bearings – is it best to send them back to Hope to have new bearings fitted? Have done the maintenance that Hope suggest and after 2.5 years there is a bit of play in them so need replacing.

cheers

hugin
    Free Member

For continuous outers i just go down to my lbs and get em to cut the lengths i want from their stock outer but then there's probably a nice shiny goodridge recommendation about to be made…

I gave up on Rajs after my fingers went through the tips of two pairs. I now use Thor Phase gloves in everything but sub zero temps – they give pretty much the best balance between all things. Light padding mind so they might not be what you want.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I've given up on all other gloves. Thor Phase are where it's at, they are lightly padded but I don't find them a problem in summer here (25-30degC most days). They are the only gloves that have lasted more than a couple of months without ripping. The sizing is great too.

I run full length outers and just put on anything that's cheap, I've never noticed any difference.

Know nothing about ceramic BB's!

uplink
    Free Member

Gear cables – continuous outer to be fitted to Orange 5, what do you suggest?

A roll of Shimano SP41 should keep you going for a while

votchy
    Free Member

How do the Thor Phase size up against the raji's?

hugin
    Free Member

I must admit I can't remember! I must have found a sizing chart somewhere (maybe Thor's own site) and the ones I thought would fit me did fit me. If that makes any sense?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘A couple of recommendations required…’ is closed to new replies.