Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • A cheeky 4.30am pint in the airport….
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

..its wrong but I’m on holiday.

big_scot_nanny

Crack on!

Enjoy, you’re the person all the folks in suits will be looking at and tutting, but actually thinking ‘lucky bastar’

slackalice
    Free Member

Stay classy and have a fab holiday! 😉

squirrelking
    Free Member

I see the fun police aren’t up yet.

Crack on and enjoy your holiday!

seadog101

Wouldn’t be a proper holiday if you didn’t…

jimdubleyou

Start as you mean to go on :p

zippykona

Fun police just checking in.

Flights should be alcohol free as should passengers.

If it’s not safe for me to have a jumper on my lap on take off it’s not safe to have people under the influence.

qwerty
    Free Member

Logic defying…. you say 04:30, the forum says 1hr ago & it’s 07:00 🤔

pondo

Wouldn’t be a proper holiday if you didn’t…

^^^ WHS. 🙂

martinhutch

<Checks Daily Mail for video of OP being carted off flight in cuffs amid cheering fellow passengers>

Have a good hols, you pisshead. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Flights should be alcohol free

I disagree. A nice glass or two of Chablis with lunch isn’t going to hurt anyone, and flights already have the right/power to refuse boarding and/or refuse to serve alcohol.

Flights should be Asshat free.

Kryton57

If it’s not safe for me to have a jumper on my lap

😲

theboatman
    Free Member

Tell me it was a Stella in a euro pint glass, and I’m right there with you, buddy. Happy Hols!!

reluctantjumper

As a way of marking the start of the holiday and it’s just the one quietly while having breakfast? Crack on!

A group of mates loudly having a few to ‘pre-load’? No, hand back your boarding pass and go to the caravan park where you all belong!

nickc

couldn’t think of anything worse.

Oh no wait, yes I could; sitting on a plane next to some-one  who’s had a “cheeky starter” or two or three. That’s worse.

avdave2

Flights should be Asshat free.

So why do you always choose to sit up front in the section especially reserved for them?:-)

BillMC

Just scanning the bar in Jerez airport, absolutely no-one is drinking

redmex
    Free Member

Couldn’t think of anything worse before 2pm has to be a few flat whites, call me a lightweight if you want although piece time at 10am never changes wherever i am anytime of the year

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Fun police just checking in.

Flights should be alcohol free as should passengers.

If it’s not safe for me to have a jumper on my lap on take off it’s not safe to have people under the influence.

+1.

Why?

couldn’t think of anything worse.

Oh no wait, yes I could; sitting on a plane next to some-one who’s had a “cheeky starter” or two or three. That’s worse.

That’s why – fing grim. Bit of a laff when you’re a teenager…..my idea of hell as someone older..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So why do you always choose to sit up front in the section especially reserved for them?

Because the wine list is better! (Hattingley Blanc de Noirs, by the way.)

null

😎

bamboo
    Free Member

CFH, however much you try and spin it, air travel of any class is not glamorous. Under any other circumstances a man of your means wouldn’t choose to sit in a cramped seat/narrow bed at home, watching a small tv screen and eating reheated food for 8+ hours, just because there is a good wine list.

Do us all a favour and stop with the humble brags because it is a load of nonsense.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh, indeed, it’s as far from glamour as can be, I agree. A lot of waiting around, a lot of time away from home. Still, may as well enjoy the bits that you can, like a nice glass of something.

martinhutch

a man of your means wouldn’t choose to sit in a cramped seat/narrow bed at home, watching a small tv screen and eating reheated food for 8+ hours, just because there is a good wine list.

Spoiler alert – that IS CFH’s front room. He redecorated it so it would look like the first class cabin on Singapore Airlines. In reality he has never been on a plane. 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

CFH, the wine may be nice, but that burrito looks well ropey.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Roof top pool and the second of the day is now consumed. Only the one in the airport. There were to be fair quite a few victims on the peasant wagon transfer to the hotel who caned the ryan air bar hard. Looking forward to watching England in the morning with sun on my back, have a great weekend folks.

globalti
    Free Member

Been flying around Africa and the Middle East for 34 years and I have never ever wanted to drink a pint of pasteurised keg Europiss at 07.00. When I see the sad people “getting some in” at the airport early in the morning I just feel thankful that I’m not that desperate either to consume alcohol or to prove my manliness.

bamboo
    Free Member

Pick N Mix – is it a burrito or is it his glasses case? Based on CFHs well documented style choices, it could be either

taxi25
    Free Member

I always fancy pint or two at the airport 🍻 But unlike Flashy I’m always Ryanair/Easyjet cattle class. The trollys make getting to the toilets for my post pint visit a nightmare. I rarely bother because of this and fly in a state of moderate dehydration ☹

avdave2

Because the wine list is better! (Hattingley Blanc de Noirs, by the way.)

Yes but they still can’t give you a glass of red that isn’t cold! And it’s the same when the cheese and port comes round. Yet sit in the lounge and go for a glass of white and the idiots insist on keeping the bloody glasses on lit shelves that are always warm. Luckily I’m now too important to have to keep flying round the world and get to send others to face the horrors and insults of business class travel! 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Airport time doesn’t count – once you are inside you are on holiday so crack on.

Saying that, the states I saw one year when taking a very early flight (around 5am on a Saturday morning) to Ibiza with my family were some of the most drunk people I have seen in my life – the majority of the passengers appeared to have come straight from a night out and were sat in the airport bar lining them up.

wrightyson
    Free Member

That’ll be the straight through crew.
    I miss those days but not the afternoons after. We are currently lounging in a nicely upgraded room after not being at all rude and baulchy because the first room given to us by the lovely receptionist (3 hours early i might ad) was a bit rubbish with no balcony. I nipped down and asked if we could swap, had the crack and bingo, here we are. My nan always said it’s nice to be nice.

mikey3
    Free Member

Lager and crack, now that’s a holiday

nickc

Worst for me was the generously proportioned middle aged nurse who was flying home after sadly burying her mum.  She had a horse tablets ‘script for depression which she admitted to me that she’d caned 4 days worth to help with the flying anxiety, and then proceeded to attempt to drink her body weight in free red wine that the air stewards were pushing her.

In flight she dug about in her bag for the kilos and kilos of chocs which she then rammed in her gaping maw. She complained to me that she normally flies 1st, as she asked me to get up for the 20th time to visit the loo, and eventually passed out to the relief of all the nearby rows. It took some pretty bloody vigorous shaking by the air steward to rouse her for breakfast, and I think both of us feared the worst until she finally came to. And I had to both help her with a her shoes and her bags off the plane. Christ alone knows how she got through Border control.

dashed
    Free Member

I’m all for a drink in the airport / on the plane – one of the perks of lounge access / business class (which is still a novelty on the odd occassion I get to do it!) but the idea of early morning beers “just because I’m on my hols” has absolutely zero appeal to me. No issues with anyone else doing it, but the thought kinda turns my stomach.

And one beer at 0430 doesn’t make you behave like a cock. Lots of beers at any time of the day generally also doesn’t make you behave like a cock. However, if you’re already a cock and you have a lot of beers, it emphasises all your best bits 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

Lager and crack, now that’s a holiday

Don’t forget the bingo.

v8ninety

I can see both sides, and in no way do I think the OP or even CFH are in any way irresponsible, but in the end, I’d ban alcohol consumption on all public transport. There’s just no need for it. Whilst it’s perfectly possible to have a responsible tipple, a significant minority of travellers people simply aren’t responsible, and spoil it for everyone else. Fellow travellers and staff should not have to deal with intoxicated idiots, and there’s simply no compelling reason why anyone should have the ‘right’ to consume a behaviour affecting substance before being locked into a confined space with a hundred or so other humans for several hours.

It’s a bit like speed limits; responsible drivers wouldn’t need them. You’ve got to make rules to control the lowest common denominator, sadly.

revs1972
    Free Member

Watched a group of “golfers” partaking in several beverages at 5 this morning whilst waiting for our flight to Corfu.
    Was thinking of joining them, but the binlids managed not to murder each other whilst we were sat there so didnt feel the need. Normal service has resumed now we have reached the ship, so having downed a few bottles of Moretti and a Mojito, i can sit here and watch the various shades of leather on display around the pool.😁

singletrackmind

Had to do a Brewery Tour for Hattingly the other day
    What a nice bunch of people
    Got an invite for a reciprical visit sometime soon

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

STM, they’re good folk, nice pop, too. See also Hambledon and Coates & Seeley.

Lucky to have such excellent stuff being produced locally.

Northwind

Drinking before noon might only be acceptable in the airport but 4.30am’s not early, it’s the night before. Hive til five baby!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘A cheeky 4.30am pint in the airport….’ is closed to new replies.